FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Any Joomla alternatives?

milkshake01
Are there any Joomla alternatives? I don't really like Joomla.
zimmer
what kind of website do you want to create? there are many out there..
milkshake01
I want to create a blog. I don't like using Joomla as well.
welshsteve
I don't personally use Content Management Systems (CMS), apart from the simple one I've created myself to suit my website. But I have heard that for bloggers, WordPress seems to be the CMS of choice.
JasonNewman
Drupal works well too. Though, I would prefer to build a CMS with PHP and MySQL.
RosenCruz
milkshake01 wrote:

Go for WP if you want a nice blog. Wink
milkshake01
Thanks for recommending Wordpress.
firstroad
Wordpress is the best for blogging and i really man is the best
but the best joomla joomla alternative is Drupal... i haven't used it but i hava read a lot of reviews and my conclusion is that is better but not as easy to use as joomla
yakuZza22
If you want a simple to use CMS , you can use HappyPress , this is a demo website , it's free , opensource and it's really easy.HappyPress
the-guide
yakuZza22 wrote:
If you want a simple to use CMS , you can use HappyPress , this is a demo website , it's free , opensource and it's really easy.HappyPress

I think this is a newest cms scripts, first release on september,2012
Yes it is very simple cms without any special features.
The script is very small, not complex and very easy to use.
However, it look like first trial of Wordpress and seems not complete yet.
Also, I have found some bug in the demo...

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/ithappy/public_html/happypress/demo/includes/templates/headerinclude.php on line 8
Notice: Undefined offset: 3 in /home/ithappy/public_html/happypress/demo/includes/templates/headerinclude.php on line 9
Notice: Undefined offset: 2 in /home/ithappy/public_html/happypress/demo/includes/templates/headerinclude.php on line 10
Notice: Undefined offset: 2 in /home/ithappy/public_html/happypress/demo/includes/templates/headerinclude.php on line 14

And one thing I worry very much is about its security.

sysna
there are many alternatives for joomla like wordpress , drupal, ... but it really depends , for most simple websites wordpress is more than enough but if you have a complex website, or you have a website and want to add some other sections to it later then i think you should stick with joomla because it is a lot better for complex websites .
xilef6000
BlogDesk --> http://www.blogdesk.org
Blog:CMS --> http://blogcms.com
Wordpress --> http://wordpress-deutschland.org/
Movable Type --> http://www.movabletype.org/
sarcasmrules
Wordpress is the most popular choice among people
bogisha
Like everyone says, wordpress is most popular... Even if it is primary for blogs it has many available extensions to make it just as you like it... Drupal is also good alternative... You can also check "Fork CMS" it is new but got some attention recently.
zimmer
bogisha wrote:
Like everyone says, wordpress is most popular... Even if it is primary for blogs it has many available extensions to make it just as you like it... Drupal is also good alternative... You can also check "Fork CMS" it is new but got some attention recently.

I have notice some wordpress users complaint about the heavy loaded for the new wordpress versions.

Is this true?
RoylanM
I'd suggest WordPress or BlogDesk because they are easier to use than Joomla. I've used them both for quite sometime but the best out of the two is WordPress.
Pande
I have really started putting all my force behind backing Concrete5. Their developers are dicks on their forums, but the ease of simply adding content sections to existing HTML could not be any easier.
sysna
of course if you want to make a personal blog your first choice is wordpress, joomla is better for more complex websites.
Da Rossa
Just create a blog? Why not the good and old Blogger? Smile
Your post is bad news because I'm eager to learn Joomla Sad Shouldn't I even invest the time?
Radar
Wordpress is by far the simplest in my opinion. If you want something more complex, Drupal.
zimmer
Radar wrote:
Wordpress is by far the simplest in my opinion. If you want something more complex, Drupal.

I did tried Drupal but i guess its just the same with Joomla.

I heard Drupal is also good CMS.

Try also DotNetNuke- very nice CMS from Microsoft.
Da Rossa
DotentNuke is paid.... I see "free trial" in their website... this is sad...
andro27
Better way is learn programming, html,php,css,because you need programming language for editing any cms sistem,or if you wont than pay for page.
pravojednostavno
I use drupal, and I am very satisfied with it.
pauline5765
There are a LOT of alternatives, of course. Joomla is just another CMS out there, but is actually a popular choice among people who want to dynamically create content (update it themselves) for their website.

You DO NOT have to learn programming, UNLESS you want to implement your own design. Or need some extra features (but mostly plugins can provide these, unless you need a very specific one tailored to your needs). However, learning a programming language/markup language can take time. Sure, you can learn html from w3school or any tutorial from the net, but it will take more than a day to fully grasp everything about html and other languages that support it, like css, javascript, php, etc.

You can, however, get into another CMS, I would recommend WORDPRESS, since it's created to be a blogging platform. And then grab some free themes (you can search this in google) or buy some neat paid ones from themeforest or the like.

There are a lot of awesome plugins in themeforest, that act like some kind of pagebuilder. One particular favorite of mine is Visual Composer. Costs just $25.
sodron
milkshake01 wrote:

many cms like joomla, wordpres,mambo and etc
Nyasro
I think wordpress is best. I am create modify or repair any wordpress plugins as well as i fix any problems related to wordpress. Let me know if you have any related to wordpress.
drainville
The main thing you need to understand is that there are many different CMS with their pros and cons and the learning curve, that is the amount of hours needed to work in the CMS, depends on the level of complexity and depth of the system and your needs. I use Joomla and very happy with what I do.
bogisha
So far joomla is best CMS for me, i don't know why you don't like it, it is most flexible and easy to use software i tried so far.
But if you want to create blog, maybe Wordpress is best option.
Blogger is also good option for a starter, since it is google's service it gets indexed by google search engine and get some readers in no time.
aayushsrivastava14
milkshake01 wrote:

well.. there are many. I use webs.com sometimes and they have pretty good service too. You could try wordpress also.
Da Rossa
Only a blog? Maybe blogger. Or WordPress if you want more control. WordPress is also more friendly and has a vast documentation. Now you choose a self-host blog (download the package from WordPress.org) or create an account at WordPress.com to use their hosting. Do not confuse the two of them.
zimmer
milkshake01 wrote:

Wordpress is good. Try Joomla 3.2 version where you can choose an installer for blog purposes only.

There is also a demo where you can test it first and decide if you want to use Joomla. here is the link - http://demo.joomla.org/

I hope that helps.

Good luck!
Blummer
In my view Joomla is mostly for heavy sites, such as portals, multifunctional sources etc.. Wordpress is more limited, but it's really nice if one plays with it. But I would also keep myself closer to Joomla, there are tons of functions it has got.
talleyware
Is there any decent (free) Joomla video training out there? I'd prefer something that someone has actually used (Google gives a LOT of results on this one...).

Thanks!
Daddycool
Try drupal brn
WendyD
The best CMS for blog is WordPress.

milkshake01 wrote: