FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

High school/college courses

JasonNewman
I'm just curious for the people attending school what your current courses are, as I'm trying to get ideas on what to take later.

For me, I'm a 11th grader in high school and my daily courses are
-American History and Geography
-Studyhall
-Studio Art
-Physics
-Algebra 3-4
-Chemistry
-English 11

What are the benefits of taking AP Courses? I sort of want to take AP Chemistry next year but do AP classes even benefit anything?
standready
'AP' courses will help you get accepted into college.
c'tair
standready wrote:
'AP' courses will help you get accepted into college.

Additionally I believe that AP courses are trying to catch world standards ie. taking them will mean you're close to the education level in other places in the world. It'll be more challenging, yes, but also much more interesting and worthy of your time.
Insanity
AP courses can help you because they can count towards certain education requirements in college. These are things like GE requirements that may be met through completion of an AP test. Or rather, a passing grade on the AP test. They also prepare you for what's to come in college.
Mr_Howl
Yes, definitely take AP classes if you can handle them, or at least try to take one. Many schools accept them as equivalent to the associated 100-level class, and that will put you ahead.

Although you may want to research which AP courses will be accepted at the schools you are interested in. For example, I knew a guy freshman year who had taken 5 AP classes. However, the only one that was accepted as equivalent was Calculus.
inuyasha
The education system is quite different here and I'm afraid I can be of no help.
But to your first question... I'm a third-year of Computer Science~ I have courses as below for this term~
Required:
Theories of Database System, Computer Organization, Software Engineering, Computer Networking
Optional:
Professional English, Computer Graphics, Image Processing, Theories of Artificial Intelligence, Linux Operating System
mshafiq
i was science student.i have science subject in secondary education like chemistry physics and mathematics