FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Top 10 WORST rock bands

pencapchew
haha, idea from another thread

my list would be
1. My Chemical Romance
2. Simple Plan
3. Hawthorne Heights
4. Fall Out Boy
5. new Metallica
6. Killswitch Engage
7. Blink 182
8. Coheed & Cambria
9. nine
10. ten

can you tell i don't like emo?
The Profile
Its only one but Greenday
zender
WORST rock bands don't exist.
Bands like Blink182 just don't rock, so how can worst ROCK bands exist?
Simple isn't it.

Maybe you should have called it "Top Ten Wanna Be Rock Bands".
Razz
SunburnedCactus
Or just "Worst Bands". Then you could leave them all in.
olivier_1988
...maybe...blink182 and slikpnot...and the others commercial rock group
petgraveyard
1. Green Day
2. Avenged Sevenfold
3. Blink-182(not rock)
4. New Fall Out Boy
5. New Weezer

Regarding 4 and 5, I like their old stuff a lot, but the new stuff is detestable.
diablera
C'mmon, there are plenty of 'worst' bands. I dont think Greenday nor My Chemical Romance are truely the worst ever....

So then what about The Darkness? or Hanson (that is certainly a band since they all play instruments)? or the many many new pop-boutique-happy-punk bands?

Well, I'd considere that we cannot decide what is good and what is bad. For example, I love King Crimson, Peter's Genesis, Joy Division, Arcade Fire, Tool, A Perfect Circle, Beethoven, Mozart, Bela Bartok, JohN Coltrane, Jacco Pastorious, Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake. At least the last two ones, they do not pretend to sound rocker, they are pop and that's it....

Cheers!!! Cool
miccadoin
pencapchew wrote:

my list would be
1. My Chemical Romance
2. Simple Plan
3. Hawthorne Heights
4. Fall Out Boy
5. new Metallica
6. Killswitch Engage
7. Blink 182
8. Coheed & Cambria
9. nine
10. ten

i fully agree...they all suck
miccadoin
miccadoin wrote:
pencapchew wrote:

my list would be
1. My Chemical Romance
2. Simple Plan
3. Hawthorne Heights
4. Fall Out Boy
5. new Metallica
6. Killswitch Engage
7. Blink 182
8. Coheed & Cambria
9. nine
10. ten

another bad band is green day Evil or Very Mad
rip8fan1
I don't know what criteria you use to consider a band 'BAD'.

I would think that there are MANY BAD bands that you never heard of, because they are not good enough to even make one song, let alone an entire album!!

Of bands that have 'made it' that are bad, everybody will have different opinions, and we will just have to agree to disagree on some. I don't know that many bands I don't like, just because if I don't like them, I don't listen to them, and don't try to remember them!! But here are a few that I actually know of, that I don't like:

Cannibal Corpse
The Butthole Surfers
Nirvana

and to a much lesser degree:
rush
Hippie
i think i'd switch your My chemical romance with Simple plan, and remove Killswitch Engage(they're not all that great, but they have a few good songs, which I would say moves them off the worst bands ever list). I think i'd have to add country music in general somewhere on that list. Maybe some fleetwood Mac as well. :-P
MasterC
1. Green Day
2. Simple Plan
3. My Chemical Romance
4. Fall Out Boy
5. Blink 182
6. Yellowcard
7. H.I.M.
8. System of a Down
9. Transplants
10. New Found Glory
Tasukii
Guys....i love you.....

i totally agree with you and i add the french band Kyo and Nirvana
sean_keevey
IMHO, most modern rock bands are more or less crap, to get decent rock music you gotta go back to the likes of Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Eric Clapton, Pink Floyd, Frank Zappa, Lynyrd Skynyrd and so on. Modern Rock musc has just got so mind numbingly simple. If you compaer a greenday song to a Led Zeppelin song, the difference is amazing. Greenday is just powercords and is devoid of any musicianship. There is no soloing, no improv, nothing complex nothing that keeps one interested. Then if you look to Led Zeppelin, you can clearly see so much colour. Page was one of the greatest guitarists of all time. He was a true musician. His play reflected his mood, his solos are jaw-dropping. Robert Plant, such an incredible voice, John Paul Jones a very tallented Bassist and of course Bonham, one of very few drummers who could actually pull off a drum solo, and he did so incredibly, hi solos lasting upwards of 20 minutes on occaasions.
Also if you look at Hendrix, never has there been a guitarist with such fire shining through his music paired with such technical genius.
nakamaru
Greenday-worst band EVER.
Falloutboy-Old stuff AWESOME. New MTV shit HORRIBLE.
My Chemical Romance-Idiot Sellouts
quick_basic
I agree that Greenday totally sucks. The 3 worst bands ever are
Greenday, Fallout boy and hawthorne heights from my opinion,
tingkagol
That's really sad. I actually like Greenday. I've digged their stuff since "Dookie". Most of you probably hate them because of the overexposure, and MTV. For crying out loud, goddam M-T-V. The devil. Underground isn't always better than mainstream, you know.

Other bands I enjoy listening to are Porcupine Tree, The Mars Volta, Incubus, Dream Theater, Sevendust, Ming + FS, Bob Marley and the Wailers, Coldplay, The Dissociatives, Jeff Buckley... to name a few.

I'm just disappointed of people always saying how bands are awesome when they first start out, and when they begin to sell, they immediately get labeled "sell-outs". That's what you call "growth", or "evolution". It's sad, really. For example--- Fall Out Boy was awesome in the underground scene a few months back (believe me), but when "Sugar We're Going Down" hit the mainstream-- it's always inevitable that haters surface and multiply like monkeys on mating season. Anyway, I hope you get my drift. Oh well, it is, after all, a matter of opinion.

...and to each his own.

I honestly despise the music of these bands:
1) the White Stripes
2) Limp Bizkit (Fred Durst in particular)
3) Simple Plan
4) Lifehouse
5) The Calling
6) Godsmack

oh well, I'm not really much of a hater. Peace! Smile
Scott
Quote:
IMHO, most modern rock bands are more or less crap, to get decent rock music you gotta go back to the likes of Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Eric Clapton, Pink Floyd, Frank Zappa, Lynyrd Skynyrd and so on. Modern Rock musc has just got so mind numbingly simple.

Man, so many people make that statement, but it's just not true. Seriously. Saying that most modern rock bands are crap is a complete stereotype and a huge generalization. Maybe you have to look a bit harder to find "complex" bands, but not much. There are bands around that sound very similar to Led Zeppelin and The Beatles, (I don't listen to that type of band much though, because I'd rather listen to a band witha unique sound)

Also, simple isn't always a bad thing, some people rpefer simple music, and there is nothing wrong with that, it's just a matter of preference.
Caxius
MasterC wrote:
1. Green Day
2. Simple Plan
3. My Chemical Romance
4. Fall Out Boy
5. Blink 182
6. Yellowcard
7. H.I.M.
8. System of a Down
9. Transplants
10. New Found Glory

Confused Confused this is more or less my list of "favourite bands" Confused Confused (transplants, new found glory and him i dont like.. but the others band..... yes) Confused
Tom7
i hate simple plan
neneehnoisnafita
1. New Found Glory
2. Pulley
3. My Chemical Romance
4. Fall Out Boy
5. Rufio
6. Yellowcard
7. H.I.M.
8. System of a Down
9. Transplants
10. Green Day
Helios
1. SOAD
2. Blink182
3. Simple Plan
4. Green Day
5. Limp Bizkit
6. Linkin Park
7. the 2 last albums by Metallica just suck ass.
8. All Nu Metal.
9. All punk and anything that is around it.
10. Slipknot.. it's a WTF Metal.
ReliEnt
i just dont like all the bands that talk about girls and bull crap and the singers sound like woman. Why cant ppl sing about something meaning full.
pencapchew
Quote:
and the singers sound like woman

wtf, geddy lee sounds (and looks like a woman) but he's still tight
nakamaru
tingkagol wrote:
That's really sad. I actually like Greenday. I've digged their stuff since "Dookie". Most of you probably hate them because of the overexposure, and MTV. For crying out loud, goddam M-T-V. The devil. Underground isn't always better than mainstream, you know.

Other bands I enjoy listening to are Porcupine Tree, The Mars Volta, Incubus, Dream Theater, Sevendust, Ming + FS, Bob Marley and the Wailers, Coldplay, The Dissociatives, Jeff Buckley... to name a few.

I'm just disappointed of people always saying how bands are awesome when they first start out, and when they begin to sell, they immediately get labeled "sell-outs". That's what you call "growth", or "evolution". It's sad, really. For example--- Fall Out Boy was awesome in the underground scene a few months back (believe me), but when "Sugar We're Going Down" hit the mainstream-- it's always inevitable that haters surface and multiply like monkeys on mating season. Anyway, I hope you get my drift. Oh well, it is, after all, a matter of opinion.

...and to each his own.

1) the White Stripes
3) Simple Plan
4) Lifehouse
5) The Calling
6) Godsmack

It's not that fact that falloutboy is on mtv now. It's the fact that all of the songs since they got on there have sucked including Sugar We're Going Down. And a few months ago they were better? I've listened to them for three years or more.
prongs_386
you cant just state that those bands are the worst ever.
They have skill in what they do, whether it be performing or poducing songs. Maybe their music doesnt do anything for you but that doesnt mean they are bad.
The only way to rate a worst band is the level of their musical skill, and the bands you all mentioned have some musical skill to a point.
JCdude5
pencapchew wrote:

my list would be
1. My Chemical Romance
2. Simple Plan
3. Hawthorne Heights
4. Fall Out Boy
5. new Metallica
6. Killswitch Engage
7. Blink 182
8. Coheed & Cambria
9. nine
10. ten

Those are my worst favorite. Also you can add Hawk Nelson to that list. My cousin is obsessed with them and they just suck beans.
eatthesun
1. Nickelback
2. 3 Doors Down
3. Creed
4. My Chemical Romance
5. Linkin Park
6. Korn
7. Limp Bizkit
8. Staind
9. Green Day
10. Aerosmith

Also, NIN's new album is trash.
SunburnedCactus
pencapchew wrote:
Quote:
and the singers sound like woman

wtf, geddy lee sounds (and looks like a woman) but he's still tight

Damn straight!! Cool
Rafe
Sadly, most of the bands on this list are some of my favorites. Add Audioslave, The Offspring and there you have all my favs. lol Embarassed
JCdude5
Wow that is kind of sad, these are lists for peoples least favorite bands and you are saying that they are your favorite? I have never seen someone with such sad taste in music.
Rafe
JCdude5 wrote:
Wow that is kind of sad, these are lists for peoples least favorite bands and you are saying that they are your favorite? I have never seen someone with such sad taste in music.

Dude just cuz i like different stuff then yall doesnt mean i have sad taste.
JCdude5
I am sorry if I offended you in any way. I didnt mean that as an insult.
shr3dd
If you like the bands on the list i'm sorry, most of them suck, Killswitch is good. Emo is terrible, terrible music. All of them are sellouts, no exceptions. To whoever said slipknot was commercial, you're an idiot. Good music requires originality. Emo sucks. Get a life you f**kin emo kids, cut your damn hair and stop whining, be happy you have the life you have.
JCdude5
Very, very well said shr3dd. I totally agree with you.
tingkagol
I absolutely despise Senses Failed.
natalie
pencapchew wrote:

my list would be
1. My Chemical Romance
2. Simple Plan
3. Hawthorne Heights
4. Fall Out Boy
5. new Metallica
6. Killswitch Engage
7. Blink 182
8. Coheed & Cambria
9. nine
10. ten

i think so
Delta
Ten Genres I hate (Yes I am generalizing):
1. Ska
2. Emo
3. Rap/Hip-Hop
4. R&B
5. Pop
6. Country
7. Techo
8. New Wavw
9. Oldies
10. Scremo
quirkylife
i think my worst top 10 bands would have to be as follows
greenday
guns n rose
darkness
skunk n ansie
killers
mettalica
system of a down
walkers
totone
twinkle

they are damn awful though im sure some will dissagree

cel la vie
H3LL5P4WN
Ok, Ill bite:

1. Simple Plan
2. Disturbed
3. Lifehouse
4. Creed
5. <insert interchangeable garage-band here>

I list these bands for a variety of reasons.

Either they aren't original, are plastic corporate crap, are both, or they're hypocrites (in the case of Creed).
3shades
pencapchew wrote:

my list would be
1. My Chemical Romance
2. Simple Plan
3. Hawthorne Heights
4. Fall Out Boy
5. new Metallica
6. Killswitch Engage
7. Blink 182
8. Coheed & Cambria
9. nine
10. ten

i think blink182 rock, they have a great drummer and are very technically proficent,

you cant say a band is BAD just because you dont LIKE them

i dont like metallica or any of the heavy stuff, but i admit they are technically proficient,

predujice in music just plain sucks, dont do it

everyone has different tastes, and if one person likes something someone else will hate it, i don't mind emo, i might not like what you like but it doesnt matter

ben,

http://3shades.frih.net

http://www.3shades.tk
H3LL5P4WN
3shades wrote:
pencapchew wrote:

my list would be
1. My Chemical Romance
2. Simple Plan
3. Hawthorne Heights
4. Fall Out Boy
5. new Metallica
6. Killswitch Engage
7. Blink 182
8. Coheed & Cambria
9. nine
10. ten

i think blink182 rock, they have a great drummer and are very technically proficent,

you cant say a band is BAD just because you dont LIKE them

i dont like metallica or any of the heavy stuff, but i admit they are technically proficient,

predujice in music just plain sucks, dont do it

everyone has different tastes, and if one person likes something someone else will hate it, i don't mind emo, i might not like what you like but it doesnt matter

ben,

http://3shades.frih.net

http://www.3shades.tk

You and I think different, and that's fine. I love the Misfits to death, but their riffs aren't technical by any means. I define technical as music that takes a high level of skill to play.
aaripper
eatthesun wrote:
1. Nickelback
2. 3 Doors Down
3. Creed
4. My Chemical Romance
5. Linkin Park
6. Korn
7. Limp Bizkit
8. Staind
9. Green Day
10. Aerosmith

Eatthesun! My hero!
However, replace no.6 with Switchfoot, and no.10 with The Used and you have the MOST PERFECT LIST EVER!!!!!!!!!!!
(at least that I can think of right now)
soldeinvierno
I think the later Metallica is bad enough to have the Top 10 just for themselves...
Magicman
eatthesun wrote:
1. Nickelback
2. 3 Doors Down
3. Creed
4. My Chemical Romance
5. Linkin Park
6. Korn
7. Limp Bizkit
8. Staind
9. Green Day
10. Aerosmith

Aerosmith, in my opinion is one of the best bands. Don't base your opinion of them on their more recent albums; their old stuff is much better. And Nickelback has 'Photograph' which is at least one good song. Other than that I'd pretty much agree with this and most of the other lists.
ClanDestine
So how do you define rock though? Obviously blink-182 is a way different kind of music then Jimi Hendrix. My chemical romance is obviously alot different then Led Zeppelin. I think the term rock is too broad, if you are comparing them to Hendrix, Zeppelin, and the likes you should say something more like classic rock. Blink-182 isn't classic rock and I don't think that was what they were trying to be.

Instead, dislike a band becuase of their music, not it's label. For a cool way to do something like this check out www.Pandora.com. They make radio stations based on what they hear in the music, not by the band's genre of music. It has taught me how to actually listen to something before judging it. I used to see music and say something like, "Oh, Emo, that is probally something I'm not going to like."

But, within "emo" there are different kinds of music. So, Dashboard Confessional and Fall Out Boy are in the same genre, but they have different styles. But since Dashboard had accoustic in it, I listened to them, and lo and behold, I liked them.
vexation
ClanDestine ...Thanks for Pandora...I'm getting some rather weird stuff on my station.

But really, it is impossible to create a worst bands ever list without there being conflict. There is no right or wrong answer. It's all personal opinion
Hammy
You cant really call them worste bands tho really. cause thier just as good as any other band for making it big time. It's just what you dislike.
mceejaydee
1.Avenged Sevenfold
2.Simple Plan

Whatever happened to Simple Plan? They used to be good.
jaime_thom
nickelback, and spinal tap...

oh ya
cyph33r
1. LINKIN PARK
2. LINKIN PARK
3. LINKIN PARK
4. Nickelback
5. Limp Bizkit
6. Blink 182
7. Simple Plan
8. Butthole Surfers
9. Bloodhound Gang
10. Cannibal Corpse (Metal band actually...)
knullasvensk
I wouldn't say that these are the WORST bands, but I'm not really a huge fan:

1.Nickleback
2. Nirvana
3. Simple Plan
4. Elvis
jds10912
miccadoin wrote:
miccadoin wrote:
pencapchew wrote:

my list would be
1. My Chemical Romance
2. Simple Plan
3. Hawthorne Heights
4. Fall Out Boy
5. new Metallica
6. Killswitch Engage
7. Blink 182
8. Coheed & Cambria
9. nine
10. ten

emo??????? wtf??? not a single band on that list is emo at all
hell have you even listened to blink-182? what is emo about them? do you even know what emo means? what type of music it is? i'll bet you 10 FriH$ that you cannot answer that without looking it up.

Rolling Eyes

Caxius wrote:
MasterC wrote:
1. Green Day
2. Simple Plan
3. My Chemical Romance
4. Fall Out Boy
5. Blink 182
6. Yellowcard
7. H.I.M.
8. System of a Down
9. Transplants
10. New Found Glory

Confused Confused this is more or less my list of "favourite bands" Confused Confused (transplants, new found glory and him i dont like.. but the others band..... yes) Confused

word man, those bands all kick major @$$
well not all of them but most of them are pretty good
Nintendo
erm let me see.....

1. trivium

thats all i can think of xD. Basically, anything with emo bull or scream spam is a pile of dogturd imo.
Izar
tingkagol wrote:

...and to each his own.

1) the White Stripes
3) Simple Plan
4) Lifehouse
5) The Calling
6) Godsmack

Lifehouse is pretty good.

Quote:
Those are my worst favorite. Also you can add Hawk Nelson to that list. My cousin is obsessed with them and they just suck beans.

Hawk Nelson Rules. Canadian Christian Punk Rock Very Happy

Here's a list of my all time-hated bands that are just... sorry excuses for bands.

1. Marilyn Manson
-No offense to those Marilyn Manson Fans, but this guy (and his band) has gotta get some new material. He also looks and sounds like he's been sniffin' that snow and pumpin' that heroin. Rolling Eyes
2. ICP (Insane Clown Posse)
-Who can come up with worse lyrics, stupid drug-addict-made beats, and a pathetic message? Insane Clown Pansies!
3. Slipknot
-Don't get me started on how you cannot understand them, even if you read the lyrics. Their music sounds the same from the first song to the last.
4. Green Day
-The famous Gag Reflex band. They get a few overplayed songs and suddenly they rule. Billy Joel Armsrong also believe all men are Bisexual... What the noodles?
5. Curtis James Jackson III (Aka 50 Cent)
-Yo I got my grill and I "accused Ja Rule of 'singing' instead of rapping" when singing is better... yo. I got shot 9 times but according to police reports and witnesses it was only 3 times... yo.
6. Queen
-...Do I have to explain? They just suck.
7. Lamb of God
-Their old stuff brought their message... Their new stuff is doing the same. They call themselves Lamb of God... Pathetic, worthless idiots. That's one reason i hate them... trying to sue a good name like- carried away here...
8. Linkin Park
-Synthesizers, repeated beats, new waves of influenced poser kids are the followers of linkin Park.
9. Hilary Duff
-Who sucks? Who sucks? Who really really sucks?
10. Brittney Spears
-This was a tough one. I wasn't sure who to pick, her or Usher. They both tie... but Spears is just stupid. So she fits.

Top ten worst ROCK bands ever:

1. Marilyn Manson
- Like I said before. This guy sucks. So does his band.
2. Slipknot
-"Blah Blah Blah I'll kill you! I hate everyone! I wear a mask for no rea-sooon! Blah Blah Blah duck."
3. Green Day
-Overplayed dramatized whinny socialists from a planet near mars.
4. Queen
-...Do I have to explain... again? They just suck. Period.
5. Lamb of God
-Still bringing the "I hate him because I can" and "I'll take her with a bunch of fries"
6. Linkin Park
-Abraham Lincoln National Park. Hmmmmmm. Yes they suck.
7. Motley Crue
-They suck. Easy. fake-devil wannabes who don't even believe what they sing about. They are a pain to even listen to because they have horrible... horrible beats.
8. Matchbox 20
-Yes. They are. On my. Liiist! Oh, yeah! Like I said... They suck.
9. Limp Bizkit
-Yes, they are on my list. I don't like them.
10. Coheed & Cambria, Simple Plan, My Chemical Romance, Good Charlotte, Fallout Boy, System of a Down, Nirvana
- Yup, all of those are perfectly aligned to be the 10th worst band on my list.

So... That is my list.
Monkeydog
Queen does not suck, they had a great singer and awesome songs.(Like Radio Ga Ga, Stone Cold Crazy, Brighton Rock..etc...)

They're just really overplayed...
and everyband I don't like sucks.
pudovkin
Funny to see those lists and find bands which I really like... hehehe
Wahwah Man
in response to the original post i totally agree with it except with coheed and cambria. they arent emo or punk. their guitarist is amazing. and some of their stuff is quite catchy. you may bash everyone else though Wink
Wahwah Man
Izar wrote:
tingkagol wrote:

...and to each his own.

1) the White Stripes
3) Simple Plan
4) Lifehouse
5) The Calling
6) Godsmack

Quote:

Here's a list of my all time-hated bands that are just... sorry excuses for bands.

1. Marilyn Manson
-No offense to those Marilyn Manson Fans, but this guy (and his band) has gotta get some new material. He also looks and sounds like he's been sniffin' that snow and pumpin' that heroin. Rolling Eyes
-Who can come up with worse lyrics, stupid drug-addict-made beats, and a pathetic message? Insane Clown Pansies!
3. Slipknot
-Don't get me started on how you cannot understand them, even if you read the lyrics. Their music sounds the same from the first song to the last.
4. Green Day
-The famous Gag Reflex band. They get a few overplayed songs and suddenly they rule. Billy Joel Armsrong also believe all men are Bisexual... What the noodles?
-Yo I got my grill and I "accused Ja Rule of 'singing' instead of rapping" when singing is better... yo. I got shot 9 times but according to police reports and witnesses it was only 3 times... yo.
6. Queen
7. Lamb of God
-Their old stuff brought their message... Their new stuff is doing the same. They call themselves Lamb of God... Pathetic, worthless idiots. That's one reason i hate them... trying to sue a good name like- carried away here...
8. Linkin Park
-Synthesizers, repeated beats, new waves of influenced poser kids are the followers of linkin Park.
9. Hilary Duff
10. Brittney Spears
-This was a tough one. I wasn't sure who to pick, her or Usher. They both tie... but Spears is just stupid. So she fits.

1. Marilyn Manson
2. Slipknot
-"Blah Blah Blah I'll kill you! I hate everyone! I wear a mask for no rea-sooon! Blah Blah Blah duck."
3. Green Day
4. Queen
5. Lamb of God
-Still bringing the "I hate him because I can" and "I'll take her with a bunch of fries"
6. Linkin Park
7. Motley Crue
-They suck. Easy. fake-devil wannabes who don't even believe what they sing about. They are a pain to even listen to because they have horrible... horrible beats.
8. Matchbox 20
9. Limp Bizkit
10. Coheed & Cambria, Simple Plan, My Chemical Romance, Good Charlotte, Fallout Boy, System of a Down, Nirvana

So... That is my list.

well personally you are a lost soul. for one i agree with you for hating the emo and punk people and yet you give props to the Nelson Hawk and Lifehouse stuff.

Furthermore. Queen was one of the greatest rock bands of the past. All of their songs are different and super catchy. freddy mercury was a great singer and i doubt anyone can argue with that.
paulbarter
I dont know why bands like Green Day and Nirvana get so much bad press in this forum. They are not my best bands ever, but I have to admit that they have something. just because some people dont like a particular geanre of music, doesnt mean that a band in that category is bad! The fact that they know about them measn something! Saying that, it doesnt mean that just because a band is popular that they are good - catchy tunes are sometimes the most brain dead of all! But Green day and nirvana have put some effort into their music and lyrics and is far better than a LOT of stuff out there. I think it is far more difficult to make a song that they have rather than most "radio songs" out there.
tingkagol
it's just stupid to think if anything is overplayed, it automatically sucks. I bet you a million bucks if i lock you in a room with your favorite song playing on endless loop, you'd want to kill yourself in like 24 hours. What am i saying? The people that play the song on endless loop SUCK, not the music.

However, there are exceptions. There are music out there that downright SUCKS from the first listen. I mean, take enrique iglesias, he sucked when his first song came out, he got popular (which sucks), and he still sucks today even when he's run out of songs.

Also, I think HATERS SUCK BIG BALLS (the kids that find it really COOL to dislike as much bands as possible). Yeah, music doesn't need you whining sunsabtches.
HoboPelican
tingkagol wrote:
it's just stupid to think if anything is overplayed, it automatically sucks. ....
Also, I think HATERS SUCK BIG BALLS (the kids that find it really COOL to dislike as much bands as possible). Yeah, music doesn't need you whining sunsabtches.

Amen, brother, amen. Except that I bet you'll find there's a lot of people who like Enrique. Laughing

It funny to go through those lists. I mean how limited is your knowledge of rock if all your choices are mostly current bands? Or maybe you think all old rock bands were good? Wink Some awful stuff you forgot (or never heard of)
Atomic Rooster
Iron Butterfly (one hit couldn't save them)
Flock of seagulls
Madness
Bachman-Turner Overdrive
Boston

BTW - Did I see someone list Spinal Tap? Laughing They were a satire of rock bands. It was a joke, man!
tingkagol
OT: dude, how did you get 3k points? hehe.
1337Bender
1. My Chemical Romance
2. Simple Plan
3. Hawthorne Heights
4. Fall Out Boy
5. Jet
6. unkown sucky bads
7. emo bands
8. Coheed & Cambria
9. punk bands
10. screamo
Abysmo
As for people saying that a band sold out, I think Maynard James Keenan put it best when he said "I sold out long before you ever heard my name. I sold my soul to make a record". I used to say a band sucks cause they sold out, but nowadays I just say that I prefer their older stuff, cause I wouldn't want to take away all the fond memories I have of listening to a band.

A top 10 for me is difficult because I hate heaps of bands lol. Two bands I would have to say I hate are Avenged Sevenfold or 36 Crazyfists (and most bands in the metalcore genre come to think of it). At times I think the fans of bands are partially to blame for me hating a band. The amount of times I've had someone say they're open to all music that slag anything that isn't Tool, Radiohead or Muse annoys me to death. I also dislike goth and emo lol. But a lot of bands people hate I've never heard of lol... Who is Fallout Boy or Hawthorne Heights? Embarassed lol. Although I love the game Fallout, so could Fallout Boy be as good a game as that? lol

mMmm... Metal <3
And to some degree stoner rock bands... Kyuss, Fu Manchu, Spiritual Beggars, etc.
tar-xzv
Here's my list.

1. Green Day
2. Blink-182
3. Linkin Park
4. New Fall Out Boy
5. New Weezer
6. System of a Down
7. New Metallica (sucks so badly)
8. Korn
9. NIN
10. Creed

5ani
funboy
The worst are Coldplay! Confused
anxiety1
HoboPelican wrote:
tingkagol wrote:
it's just stupid to think if anything is overplayed, it automatically sucks. ....

Amen, brother, amen. Except that I bet you'll find there's a lot of people who like Enrique. Laughing

It funny to go through those lists. I mean how limited is your knowledge of rock if all your choices are mostly current bands? Or maybe you think all old rock bands were good? Wink Some awful stuff you forgot (or never heard of)
Atomic Rooster
Iron Butterfly (one hit couldn't save them)
Flock of seagulls
Madness
Bachman-Turner Overdrive
Boston

BTW - Did I see someone list Spinal Tap? Laughing They were a satire of rock bands. It was a joke, man!

Madness were and still are amazing

there not even a rock band so i dont no how you can count them on here
Octaeder
There's only one that really sprang to mind straight away... Don't get me wrong I hate sooo many others too but trying to whittle them down into a list of ten would take me up until New Year, so for now I'm saying the worst rock band ever is:

The Darkness.

Sometimes I lie awake at night unable to sleep because of how a band so mind-bendingly awful are allowed to exist.
Jayfarer
Plain White T's is an amazingly terrible band, and I can't believe any radio station is willing to infect our ears by playing them.
Suqata
the worst band ever is with no doubt Marilyn Manson.... aarggghhh
The Phoenix
The Profile wrote:

f*** u man
Green Day is the best punk rock band out there!!!
The Phoenix
funboy wrote:
The worst are Coldplay! Confused

Definitely man...
they suck like Sh*t!!
Arseniy
1. Red Hot Chili Peppers
2. Muse (alternative)
3. Catharsis
4. blink-182
5. Linkin Park
6. Greenday
7. Coldplay
8. Fallout Boy
9. Limp Bizkit
10. Queen
Nutteloos
Lordi. I mean, c'mon, what self-respecting rock band participates in Eurovision Song Contest?

And just as a side note: what are the RHCP and Muse doing on some lists?
androjuni
the worst is SIMPLE PLAN. they're more like a boyband they are more on the pop mainstream rather than on the real punk rock. their brand of "punk rock" is way of from that of its original fathers such as metalica! their lyrics are cheesy and can be made into novelty songs they realy lack poetry. and that irritating nasal voice, it gets into my nose. its like their vocalist has runny nose all the time. their music videos are also soooo corny. wondering why they have so many fans??? its because they are truly a POP boyBand.

P.S. the backstreet boys can rock more than simpleplan.
ThornsOfSorrow
I'm probably going to get attacked for this, so everyone needs to remember that it's just my opinion and I'm not trying to make anyone angry. With that being said, there are a good number of bands I don't like, but the first one that I thought of is one that is quite popular in the metal community:

Slayer

To me, all their songs sound quite similar, mainly because of their efforts to "stay true to their sound". There comes a time when every band needs to change a little bit to stay interesting (without selling out, mind you), and for Slayer, that time was a long time ago, especially since a lot of their riffs sounded similar to each other even in the beginning (at least to me). They're a talented group of musicians, without a doubt. I just don't think that they're using their talent in the best way. Same goes for Pantera (although I won't go so far as to say that Phil even has talent), which is another popular band that I can't stand. Once again, this is just my opinion; don't hurt me. *hides*
nitesh
I've been going through everyone's list and I must say that some of your worst band candidates count as my favourite bands. ppl views would differ anyway...
Insanity
You people need to keep in mind that just because YOU think they suck, does not mean that they are a bad band. It would also vary depending on your definition of what is a bad band. Is it bad because they play simplistic music with no virtuoso playing? Is it bad because it is mainstream and it is overplayed on the radio?

Also, in regards to the poster who mentioned that all modern music is overly simple, you should look away from the super mainstream bands and more towards other genres like progressive rock (e.g. Dream Theater, Rush, Yes) and playing by virtuoso artists (e.g. Steve Vai, Carlos Santana).
BlockUp
I can't believe people can be stupid enough to post about worst bands. They are only bad in your eyes! Loads of other people might like them. Music taste is up to you to decide, not to decide for others. Also, be open to all genres, don't be someone who listens to nothing but rap or nothing but rock.

This kind of think just aggravates me! Mad

Also: Arseniy! How can you hate the RHCP? They are one of the most brilliant, influencial, greatest sounding band that could ever exist! They have a variety of styles in their songs, all their band members are extremely talented, their lyrics are just awesome... you just make me wonder about the world...
Archetype
1337Bender wrote:
1. My Chemical Romance
2. Simple Plan
3. Hawthorne Heights
4. Fall Out Boy
5. Jet
6. unkown sucky bads
7. emo bands
8. Coheed & Cambria
9. punk bands
10. screamo

What this guy said. Laughing

But yeah, I'm not biased to anyone type of music, but damn, I just can't listen to this stuff for the life of me. The first time I saw My Chemical Romance, I just thought 'Oh my god, look at that freakin' makeup.' He looks like a raccoon, for christ's sake. Mad

Just add Good Charlotte in there, and you've got a list.
welshsteve
I was at the Donnington Park Monsters Of Rock festival years ago, and saw some of the worst rock bands ever in Cry Of Love & Extreme. I did see some greats that day as well though in Biohazard, Aerosmith and Pantera. I also think bands like Dinosaur Jr, Garbage (they certainly are) and Hole are complete rubbish. And that idiot Pete Docherty - Babyshambles?? What's that all about then?
Ozzy
I hate every band that is featured on TV.
mimsxmassacre
green day should be number one

sassafrass root

Roaming 'round your house
WASTING YOUR TIME
No obligation,just
WASTING YOUR TIME
So why are you alone
WASTING YOUR TIME
When you could be with me
WASTING YOUR TIME

Well,I'm a WASTE like you
With nothing else to do
May I WASTE your time too

Warding off regrets
WASTING YOUR TIME
Smoking cigarettes
WASTING YOUR TIME
I'm just a PARASITE
WASTING YOUR TIME
APPLYING myself to
WASTING YOUR TIME

With nothing else to do
May I WASTE your time too

So why are you alone
WASTING YOUR TIME
When you could be with me
WASTING YOUR TIME

With nothing else to do
Blu_Spykz
eatthesun wrote:
1. Nickelback
2. 3 Doors Down
3. Creed
4. My Chemical Romance
5. Linkin Park
6. Korn
7. Limp Bizkit
8. Staind
9. Green Day
10. Aerosmith

I'd agree with less than 50% of them... 1, 2, 8 and 9 blow so much. 7 Have their good moments (few, granted) but the rest... have set records, and standards, unmatched in recent memory.

Def Leppard are pretty poor... all their songs are IDENTICAL.

My Chemical Romance, and other EMO bands aren't even rock in any way shape or form (despite Kerrang! and other major outlets pushing them as so...) - They should just top the "Generally worst bands in existance" table.
liljp617
rip8fan1 wrote:
Nirvana

lol at you...hardly a Nirvana fan, but saying one of the most influential and well known grunge bands ever is one of the worst bands is laughable.

The Phoenix wrote:
The Profile wrote:

f*** u man
Green Day is the best punk rock band out there!!!

Green Day never has been and never will be punk rock...read up on punk rock before making crazy statements like that please.
liljp617
ThornsOfSorrow wrote:
I'm probably going to get attacked for this, so everyone needs to remember that it's just my opinion and I'm not trying to make anyone angry. With that being said, there are a good number of bands I don't like, but the first one that I thought of is one that is quite popular in the metal community:

Slayer

To me, all their songs sound quite similar, mainly because of their efforts to "stay true to their sound". There comes a time when every band needs to change a little bit to stay interesting (without selling out, mind you), and for Slayer, that time was a long time ago, especially since a lot of their riffs sounded similar to each other even in the beginning (at least to me). They're a talented group of musicians, without a doubt. I just don't think that they're using their talent in the best way. Same goes for Pantera (although I won't go so far as to say that Phil even has talent), which is another popular band that I can't stand. Once again, this is just my opinion; don't hurt me. *hides*

=) I won't hurt you...I'll just tell you you're completely wrong.

A band doesn't need to change anything if they've been playing for 30+ years together and are still filling up every single venue they play and their records are still selling thousands and thousands. They're a thrash metal band, there's hardly room to innovate. You create something people can mosh to and headbang to...there's not a whole lot of room for variation nor does there need to be. We all saw how it went with Metallica trying to change their sound or Ozzy...it doesn't work. You stick with what got you to where you are and you build off it. Conforming to more modern styles is dumb, countless bands have shown evidence of that in the recent past.

And on the subject of Pantera: Another thrash/groove metal band who went out every concert and simply gave people an extremely great time. They played some of the heaviest shit that has ever hit the metal scene and they did it by being themselves, rather than conforming to what a bunch of people were saying and feeding into the mainstream bullshit. They made an entire CD in 2 weeks and had it cut and ready within a month (Vulgar Display of Power)...a CD that went Platinum and is regarded as one of the best metal albums ever. The made six amazing albums (not counting the glam/hair metal albums) that are all held at the highest in the metal community. They did what they loved and they did it, arguably, the best any metal band ever has. I think going from a nobody band to one of the most influential, well-known, heaviest bands in metal history within 6-8 years is quite good use of talent. And while on the topic of talent, Phil Anselmo is at the pinnacle of metal band lead man. It doesn't take much to form that opinion if you listen to the Cowboys From Hell album or the Vulgar Display of Power album. Up until his antics with heroin, there couldn't have been a better lead man for a thrash/groove metal band. And even now he's doing incredibly well and he's taking another new band (Down) to the top of the metal scene...that's quite a talent in my book.
shambles
Quote:

my list would be
1. My Chemical Romance
2. Simple Plan
3. Hawthorne Heights
4. Fall Out Boy
5. new Metallica
6. Killswitch Engage
7. Blink 182
8. Coheed & Cambria
9. nine
10. ten

No actually, i can't see how you don't like emo.
Considering your such a genius in what bands are "emo" I'm surprised you could mix up those bands with emo.

Consider checking your musical knowledge dumbshit.

Not a single one of those bands are emo. Emo stands for emotive hardcore. Not one of those bands even qualify for that genre.

Real Emo Bands: Rites Of Spring, Embrace, Moss Icon, Funeral Dinner, Gray Matter, Hot Cross, Off Minor, Indian Summer, Sleepytime Trio

Non-Emo bands:
NOT Emo Bands: Taking Back Sunday, Hawthorne Heights, My Chemical Romance, Dashboard Confessional, From First To Last, Bright Eyes, Simple Plan, The Used, Senses Fail

Emo is usually acoustic guitar with raw, instrumentally driven songs and lyrics that talk of more heartache than a heart attack.

And you know why I'm telling you this?

Cause......

MCR OWNS BITCHES.
SUCK ON IT.
Gerard Way's got more on you than hair on your shlong.

My Chemical Romance FTW.
And while am it, SYSTEM OF A DOWN FTW.
And every other band who just can't get a break from unappreciative "music lovers" such as yourself.

And go ahead, reply to this with your stupid arguments and 'go home emo lover' but it's too late.
I'm out of this forum for good.
Quote:
liljp617
Sorry sir, wearing make up, playing 3 power chords and singing horribly is not good music. Good day to you. MCR and the like are not good bands. They're actually a hell of a lot less talented than the majority of bands and they in no way have improved music or taken it to another level.
catscratches
It depends on what to consider bad. Personally I think Silverstein is the worst band ever since I really liked their old stuff, but they became famous and suddenly they had no feeling anymore. Just mainstream. I had been longing so for their CD and when I get it, it's CRAP. But they aren't the band that plays worst music, they are just the biggest disappointment.

So in a way, the suck because the were good >_>

EDIT: About emo. MCR is not and have never been emo. They don't even say so themselves. I am very sure that you have never heard emo. Like most of the teenage population today, you judge out from bare speculations. You don't have a clue about what you're talking about, but still you judge and disgust it. I don't get why... But well, you propably won't listen, cause the other people judging havn't. They want to judge, not to have right. It doesn't matter if they are right. Just they can judge and act like shit.
liljp617
If you're referring to me I never said they were emo and I'm well aware they are not emo (as well as all the other crap MTV/mainstream bands). That doesn't mean their music is any better. They make bad music, simple as that. It has no complexity, it has nothing unique about it, it shows no emotion, it shows no unique abilities or talent for playing their instruments, it's boring, it's bland, it lacks creativity, etc. The list goes on and on. And in my opinion, that make it bad music. It's music that does an injustice to bands of the past who skyrocketed music to a pedestal where it actually meant something. It's just....not good.

Obviously it's my opinion, but I would venture to say I back up that opinion better than the people who are fond of these types of bands. The only thing I ever hear those people say is "****** YOU THEY'RE THE GREATEST BAND EVER." And we all know that's not even close to the truth.
spinout
music is one of the arts that never can go wrong... or can it???? It's non money just soul-food...
Well some artist make it strange for me too.... We got a dude called peter lemark in sweden - hi's a complete disaster but has had 2 couple of good ones... still a disaster... Hm I think the group called journey was a disaster too....
catscratches
I meant the one who listed a couple of pop bands and said "So you know I don't like emo" or something like that.

I have to agree with ThornsOfSorrow that Slayer is a very bad band. If you've heard one song, you've heard them all. And if you've heard the first chord in one of the song, then you've heard the whole song. I wonder if they havn't just copied the song and released it under other names >_> But as they're not very big you don't hear them too much so they don't really get as annoying as MCR and such bands. What really is annoying about MCR and their alike is not that they suck. It's that they give emo music the look of depressed teenagers listening to lousy music, which is not the truth at all. That's the wanna-be-emo generation >_>
liljp617
catscratches wrote:
I meant the one who listed a couple of pop bands and said "So you know I don't like emo" or something like that.

I have to agree with ThornsOfSorrow that Slayer is a very bad band. If you've heard one song, you've heard them all. And if you've heard the first chord in one of the song, then you've heard the whole song. I wonder if they havn't just copied the song and released it under other names >_> But as they're not very big you don't hear them too much so they don't really get as annoying as MCR and such bands. What really is annoying about MCR and their alike is not that they suck. It's that they give emo music the look of depressed teenagers listening to lousy music, which is not the truth at all. That's the wanna-be-emo generation >_>

They might be a bad band to someone who doesn't care for thrash or heavy metal, but when judging a thrash metal band they are the epitome of what you want. You build a reputation by keeping your songs similar. There is no legendary band in history that didn't have a common, very recognizable sound. The vast majority of Jimi Hendrix songs sound exactly the same, but that doesn't make him a bad artist. Just because they have a common sound from song to song means nothing...and obviously they're doing just fine with that sound. Led Zeppelin has an easily recognized sound. GnR has one of the most recognizable sounds in music. Pink Floyd has an extremely recognizable sound. Would you say those bands are bad because one could hear a song and pinpoint who it is without knowing beforehand? As I said, extremely well known bands have tried changing their sound time and time again and it fails. Metallica and Ozzy being the two most recent that I can think of (if you want to go further, Linkin Park although I dislike them anyway, but their most recent album was nothing compared to the past..and it's because they brought out a new sound).

Anyway, their songs might sound a lot alike, but if you actually play guitar/drums/bass, you realize they have very big variations from song to song. Yes, they follow the same general sound, but it can hardly be called identical. Not only that, but they've created some of the greatest known metal riffs in metal history...which is quite a feat in and of itself. And I don't really get where you say they're not very big. They've been playing for 30 years and still fill up stadium after stadium. They have multiple platinum albums. They are known as 1 of 4 bands who revolutionized metal and pushed thrash metal to the forefront. They have millions of fans. Just because you're not on MTV doesn't mean you're not big. MTV/radio stations are shit anyway...any good band wouldn't be found on there often.
misterXY
SunburnedCactus wrote:
Or just "Worst Bands". Then you could leave them all in.

Ahh but there is alot more then just ten worst bands. Indeed there is alot, turn to MTV or MuchMsuic, vollia crap! Shocked
Coffyfacemk2
Music can't really get any worse than Limp Bizkit though can it? (If i ever have the misfortune to meet fred durst in person he will be violenced in some way. I'm generally a pacifist, but that whiny fat git deserves it)

Oh wait, i forgot Nickleback

Slipknot too...

This could take a while
fpwebs
I have a really bad top 10. I REALLY hate these bands:

1. Greenday
2. HIM
3. Fall Out Boy
4. Panic at the Disco
5. AFI
6. My Chemical Romance
7. Simple Plan
8. Bullet for my Valentine
9. Taking Back Sunday
10. Foo Fighters
xbow
i respect all kind of creativity,
i have listen a wide range of music (from techno to traditional songs) from a lot country too : english, japanase, chinese, france and indonesian of course Very Happy, the only one i hate about some of band is those who plagiarise some lyrics or melody from other band (some of my countries local band do this).
as far i remember i listen (or ever played) most of band that listed here, i don't like some of their songs, but overall i dont hate them Wink.
Some band i like the most are Blink182, Box CarRacer and Angel & Airwaves they are Rocks Laughing
zeitgeistsa
Okay!? I realize this subject is a little old, but I need to add my list of bands I hate:

Nirvana
Slipknot
Metallica
Pearl Jam
Radiohead
Genesis (all versions - early & late)
Coldplay
Kiss
Lenny Kravitz
Oasis
Bruce Springsteen
Queen
Bon Jovi

The Most Overrated Band of All Time: Nirvana
The Most Overrated Album of All Time: Nevermind
The Most Overrated Guitarist of All Time: Eric Clapton
The Most Overrated Vocalist of All Time: Eddie Vedder (his crap vocal style influenced hundreds of more crap bands)
SMS_Mcfarland
Quote:
my list would be
1. My Chemical Romance
2. Simple Plan
3. Hawthorne Heights
4. Fall Out Boy
5. new Metallica
6. Killswitch Engage
7. Blink 182
8. Coheed & Cambria
9. nine
10. ten

Alright for starters. Nobody likes My Chemical Romance because they have a really emo and gay name. but there actually really really good. Simple plan sucks, haywthorn heights sucks. Fall Out Boy is also another band with a gay name thats actually one of the best bands out there now. new metallica is horrible, Blink 182 is good, Coheed and Cambria is also amazing. Thats not a very good list, because all the ones u posted are like new. Ive heard reaallly really bad rock bands.
Rosanova
Hi there,

Strange that no one ever haven't mentioned Motörhead or Venom! Actually is it a part of the bands image to being the worst.

Cheers!
gtherockgod
Rosanova wrote:
Hi there,

Strange that no one ever haven't mentioned Motörhead or Venom! Actually is it a part of the bands image to being the worst.

Cheers!

nobody has mentioned those bands because they both rock Wink motorhead is just plain wicked and badass, while venom pioneered a new (sub)-genre of music. If you're gonna rag on either of those bands, there are plenty of worse metal bands to go after.
Helios
I actually agree with Rosanova about those bands not being as good as people say they do, for whatever reason. I don't think I like ANY song by Motörhead, but I do like one song by Venom - "Countess Bathory". I'd like to add Celtic Frost to this list... some songs are cool, but not worth a place in my playlist.
zeitgeistsa
Rosanova, I fully agree with you Motorhead suck big time! both music and image!
zeitgeistsa
Actually another band I hate, I really think they suck, is Cradle of Filth!
They try so hard to be hardcore, but their cheesy keyboards completely softens their sound making them wuss!

I have heard Christian metal bands more hardcore!
smspno
Names of ten bands are too much for me and I would probably have to think about it for couple of hours, but the only one that I really, really, really dislike is Tokio Hotel (German band)!
Four teenagers are trying to play rock and, unfortunately, they suck! If you don't know them, just go to youtube and seek "Durch den Monsun" or "Schrei". You will be able to rate it Smile.

Cheers.
gtherockgod
zeitgeistsa wrote:
Actually another band I hate, I really think they suck, is Cradle of Filth!
They try so hard to be hardcore, but their cheesy keyboards completely softens their sound making them wuss!

I have heard Christian metal bands more hardcore!

Okay I agree with you on that one. Dani Filth is friggin lame.
Gustavus
It's always a weird thing seeing someone else say they hate the band that you quite enjoy... You just don't get why they hate them, yet the other person just doesn't get why you like them... It's horrible....

But I like new Metallica... I also like motorhead....

I absolutely despise those little emo bands, and I don't like what punk bands are all about.

I stick with metal/rock from the 80's
David_Pardy
Heh, Fall Out Boy - "One of the best bands out there"

That made me giggle Smile.

Here's my list of pure suckage:

1. Black Eyed Peas
2. Good Charlotte
3. Coldplay
4. My Chemical Romance
5. Kiss (or any other band that needs stupid makeup to get people to like them)
6. Marilyn Manson (OVERRATED SO MUCH PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!!)
7. Anything with Justin Timberlake
8. Anything with Britney Spears
9. No Doubt (or anything else with Gwen Stefani)
10. 50 cent
11. Eminem
12. Brodequin
13. The Used
14. Rihanna
15. Snoop Dogg
16. Kanye West
17. Avril Lavigne
18. Nelly
19. Chingy
20. Jennifer Lopez
21. Ludacris
22. Jay-Z
23. Ashlee Simpson
24. Pussycat Dolls
25. The B-52s

I'm sorry, but there really are too many crap artists out there and I know I've missed the majority of them. Actually, I have a better idea: Go find all the Top 40/Top 100 lists out there and you'll find where all the bands of Suckage are listed.
David_Pardy
Sorry, I just noticed the title said Top 10 worst ROCK bands.

I find it VERY difficult to answer that question because there are so many forms of rock, which form are we talking? 70's Rock n Roll? Hard Rock? Soft Rock? Punk Rock? etc...

I couldn't be bothered thinking a list up though, I try to block out my knowledge of the existance of so many crappy bands that get so much air time, although I will mention one particular group which has gained a life-time of hatred from me:

THE OFFSPRING.
catscratches
Nah, The Offspring isn't THAT bad, they are very bad though. But not the worst.

It's hard to pick ten, there are so many bands that totally suck... Puppydog in a Meatgrinder is a very bad band that gives you head-aches but they don't deserve any hatred cause they're underground and therefore aren't played so you don't have to be terrorized by them.
David_Pardy
They're not the worst, but they're certainly an 11 on a scale of 1 - 10 in how annoying they are!
Elefant
Well, I see a lot of people dissing Green Day. I think that 99% of the people who say they think Green Day is the worst don't actually dislike the band, they just don't like the publicity that Green Day is getting.

Also theres nothing wrong with bands like My Chemical Romance, The Darkness, or even Metallica( Even if they did help sue people for illeagle downloading.).

I personally like many types of music, most of which are from the 1980's and early 1990's.

And second of all, half of the bands you named off where punk or scream-o whatever... which isn't even rock at all Rolling Eyes

Well, to me the worst rock band ever is Manowar. I love the 80's metal, but this band really was just horrible...
catscratches
Excuse me? What bands were screamo or punk?
Rosanova
Helios wrote:
I actually agree with Rosanova about those bands not being as good as people say they do, for whatever reason. I don't think I like ANY song by Motörhead, but I do like one song by Venom - "Countess Bathory". I'd like to add Celtic Frost to this list... some songs are cool, but not worth a place in my playlist.

Hi there,

If MTV had an nomination for the worst Metal band in the world, and Motörhead was nominated, would Lemmy take it with pride.

Cheers!
Insanity
I don't think that there are any real "bad" bands, per se. There are bands that I don't like and can't stand, but honestly, how music is defined varies from person to person (as does good music). For all the bands listed in this thread, I am almost 100% certain that there is someone who likes them in the world. A better title for this topic would be, "YOUR 10 Worst Bands," as good and bad music is entirely subjective.
pudovkin
"Skid Row". lol
David_Pardy
No, there are some seriously bad bands out there.

Poor musicianship, lack of internal chemistry, lack of song-writing ability, poor lyrics. They're just a few factors which can break a band.

Ironically enough, most of the bands I hate consist of good musicians, but (in my opinion) the songs are written poorly and the lyrics are generally rubbish.

But considering I prefer music with a good showcase of instrument talent, rather than vocal talent, I may be a bit biased. Hence the interest in fusion and prog Wink.
daymare
I personally HATE AFI. Can't stand them at all. They can't decide whether or not they want to be emo (New stuff) or Punk (old stuff)
David_Pardy
What, is it a sin for a band to dabble in multiple styles?

That's a stupid reason to dislike a band.
dougblackjr
Where's Nickelback? Anyone who feels the need to tell an elongated story about a photo album has some issues.

I would like to see Simple Plan on the list too. Big rock starts whining about having nothing....ugh.

~ Doug
dannyco1
I HATE ALL MUSIC!!!!! (roaring thunderous sound in the background...)
hdcruiser07
I see alot of people have the same answers.Everyone has there own opinion but lets face it most listed really do suck.They dont have a clue about real R&R
JaneLane
pencapchew wrote:

my list would be
1. My Chemical Romance-disagree
2. Simple Plan-agreed
3. Hawthorne Heights-agreed
4. Fall Out Boy-agreed
5. new Metallica-Agreed
6. Killswitch Engage-disagree
7. Blink 182-disagree
8. Coheed & Cambria-disagree
9. nine
10. ten

My List Would Have To Be:

1. Simple Plan - Utterly Pointless Music Unless You Are Under The Age Of 12 And Your Bf Of One Day Broke Up With You.

2. Good Charlotte - Only Appeals To The Suburban Kids Who Hate Their Lives Because There Daddy Wouldn't By Them That New Ferrari.

3. New Metallica - Because Their Music Lacks The Fire And Emotion It Once Had, The Shit They Write Now Has No Substance.

4. New Green Day - What They Worked So Hard For Long Ago, Originality, Which They Now Lack.

5. Live On Release - Worst "Girl Power Rock Band" To Ever Have A Label. More Like Britney Spears With A Guitar.

6. Nickleback - Worst Canadian Rock Band, All Their Songs Are About Girls Who Broke Up With Them, Girls Who Have Cheated On Them, Having Sex With A Girl And Getting Caught By Her Father, Sad Love Stories, Blah Blah Blah.

7. Ten Second Epic - Most Annoying Screamo Band In The World, The Singer's Voice Makes Me Want To Rip Off My Ears And Never Listen To Music Ever Again.

8. Alexisonfire - Annoying And Whiny And Even Worse To Hear Live.

9. Hedley - Mostly Known For Their Crazy Antics Then Their Actual Music, Which If It Weren't For Their Stupidity They Would Not Sell As Many Records.

10. Foo Fighters - I Personally Just Cannot Stand Them, Dave Grohl Actually Said That Their First Album, The Words Make Absolutely No Sense They Just Made It Up To Go With The Music They Wrote. I Know Where The Can Stick Their Monkey Wrench.
JaneLane
I Forgot One Band That I Absolutely DESPISE. COLDPLAY - That My Friends Is True Emo In Itself, With Out The Back Eye Liner And The Bangs.

I Just Want To Say, Thats Even Though I Despise Many, Many Bands, I Don't Think That Anyone Should Take What Anyone Else On Here Says About Any Band, Because If You Like Them, Then It Should Not Matter What Other People Think. Music Is The One Thing Anyone Can Relate To No Matter Who You Are And Where You're From.
dannyco1
But then... what if you... HATE ALL MUSIC?!?!!?!?!?!?....WHAT THEN HUH??!?!?!?!?!?!?
liljp617
dannyco1 wrote:
But then... what if you... HATE ALL MUSIC?!?!!?!?!?!?....WHAT THEN HUH??!?!?!?!?!?!?

Then you're not a human being.
dannyco1
thats right I aint no human. Im an angel baby...no wait...Im a devil baby...rraawwwrrr...well actually Im really bored.
JaneLane
dannyco1 wrote:

Than I Feel Very Sorry For You... Hahahahahahaha
dannyco1
hahaha...yes....hahaha...oh jolly.....hahaha...isnt fun laughing....hahaha....hehehe....hoo hoo hoo...
catscratches
JaneLane wrote:
I Forgot One Band That I Absolutely DESPISE. COLDPLAY - That My Friends Is True Emo In Itself, With Out The Back Eye Liner And The Bangs.
Coldplay doesn't play emo. They have no roots in the hardcore scene at all.

Also, please try to write without making the first letter of every word big, it gets very hard to read.

It's a lot easier to read this Than It Is Read This Kind Of Text.
dannyco1
Emo. Ska. Punk. Rock. Metalcore. Rap rock. Trip hop. You ran out of Arena Rock?!?!...common Ive been waiting for weeks to get Arena Rock. Damn it! This is America for goodness sakes!! Next thing youre gonna tell me is we ran out of Berry flavoured Capn Crunch!
Ok ok give me one of those emo's...ya the one on the bottom shelf. Ok now get me these two Deathmetals. They dont have any parts that can harm children right? Ok good.
Ok whats the total? one hundred and fifty bucks?! well...anything for the kids right?
JaneLane
catscratches wrote:
JaneLane wrote:

Also, please try to write without making the first letter of every word big, it gets very hard to read.

Emo=Emotional.

Coldplay=Emotional.

And If You Can't Read It, Than Don't. Thanks.
dannyco1
Hey now stop that kids!! I got two deathmetals just like you asked and I spent 150 dollars on it so calm down or I will send you to your rooms. And I SWEAR I will ban the emo from both of you...thats better.
JaneLane
Rawr.
dannyco1
now I know what its like to be Roseanne.
molif
1)Simple Plan
2)Daughtry
3)Nickelback/Hinder
4)Panic! at the Disco/Fall Out Boy
5)The New Sum41
6)Good Charlotte
7)Coldplay
8)Simple Plan
9)Simple Plan
10)Simple Plan
and till 100th..
100th) Simple Plan
miacps
I'm surprised by all the Green Day hate in this thread. I think American Idiot was a really solid album, their best actually. I'm pretty sure most of the hate in this thread is due to the "its cool to hate <insert band name>" factor.

Anyways..

I can't think of any bands I truly despise right now, but when I hear a song I don't like, I usually don't bother to learn what band made it. Some bands that I do know of that have never made a song to my liking: nickel back, all american rejects, simple plan, panic at the disco... thats all for now.
weselldonkeys
pencapchew wrote:

my list would be
1. My Chemical Romance
2. Simple Plan
3. Hawthorne Heights
4. Fall Out Boy
5. new Metallica
6. Killswitch Engage
7. Blink 182
8. Coheed & Cambria
9. nine
10. ten

Haha, Yehh they do suck, because of the music they make.
But these bands have talent, otherwise, they wouldn't be as popular as they are.
and Blink 182 shouldn't really be there, yeh its pop punk? most wanna-be try-too-hard kids lisen to them... But, if you actually lisen to them, they really don't suck half as bad as those other guys in that list. Same for Metallica too, considering their stuff they;ve made in the past.
HARRINGT0N
linkin park sux big donkey ballz
zyd666
here my list
1. linkin park
2. Simple Plan
3. My Chemical Romance
4. SOAD
5. new Metallica
6. Green day
snowynight
I know little about rock and roll , but i think pearl jam very googd
Shazephre
pencapchew wrote:

my list would be
1. My Chemical Romance
2. Simple Plan
3. Hawthorne Heights
4. Fall Out Boy
5. new Metallica
6. Killswitch Engage
7. Blink 182
8. Coheed & Cambria
9. nine
10. ten

I disagree with the Metallica bit... Metallica is thrash metal and they kick ass anyway saw them last summer
liljp617
JaneLane wrote:
catscratches wrote:
JaneLane wrote:

Emo=Emotional.

Coldplay=Emotional.

The label "Emo" goes a hell of a lot deeper than just "emotional." Look back at the times when it REALLY was a genre and you'll understand its meaning. The meaning it has today isn't its original meaning.
Futumuch
im surprised and dissapointed that Offspring havent had more mentions, thier last few albums have been an embarrassment. They used to be such a good band until they achieved a wider commercial success with Pretty Fly - since then they have gone downhill. Greenday have followed a similar path since American Idiot but to a lesser extent.
jurl
Caxius wrote:
MasterC wrote:
1. Green Day
2. Simple Plan
3. My Chemical Romance
4. Fall Out Boy
5. Blink 182
6. Yellowcard
7. H.I.M.
8. System of a Down
9. Transplants
10. New Found Glory

yes me too =\ I can't understand...
just My Chemical Romance and system of a down are bands i don't like...
catscratches
liljp617 wrote:
JaneLane wrote:
catscratches wrote:
JaneLane wrote:

Emo=Emotional.

Coldplay=Emotional.

The label "Emo" goes a hell of a lot deeper than just "emotional." Look back at the times when it REALLY was a genre and you'll understand its meaning. The meaning it has today isn't its original meaning.
Agreed. If it just means emotional, then ALL music is emo (except pop).
Shewolf
Just for the sake of arguing: pop can be emotional as well.

For the worst bands, miss some really intelligent suggestions. It's not cool to like numetal, and it's very populair to hate Greenday and My Chemical Romance etc. But neither of those bands (or generes) are completely useless.
The reason why a "good" top ten list of poor bands, is because we don't remember them. We're talking populair culture after all...
firefox-cafe
1. Nickelback
2. 3 Doors Down
3. Creed
4. My Chemical Romance
5. Linkin Park
6. Korn
7. Limp Bizkit
8. Staind
9. Green Day
10. Aerosmith

i agree with those
slashnburn99
TOP 10 worst have got to be 80s/90s

Twisted sister
Ratt
Winger
White Lion
Firehouse
Vain
the band that did three littles pigs - Green Jelo?

Then the new Artic Monkeys - the guitaring is lost on me - sounds like he needs lessons
anyone that can only release one single

Have to be honest i still listen to alot of the cheesy stuff on my list!
deadswan
pencapchew wrote:

my list would be
1. My Chemical Romance
2. Simple Plan
3. Hawthorne Heights
4. Fall Out Boy
5. new Metallica
6. Killswitch Engage
7. Blink 182
8. Coheed & Cambria
9. nine
10. ten

Well I'd take out Blink and Killswitch because they're not really that bad... As Killswitch is more metal than rock and Blink were just enertaining lol
But the rest are bad so it's a good list lol
Forky
wow...you guys are lame.

most of the bands you ppls named are my favs.
-they are better than britney spears and justin timberlake shit.
--and nirvana? are you serious...

nirvana was one of the greatest bands tht existed...kurt cobain dyed and their songs are still popular and ppl still buy their albums all the time!!!

--so put tht in your juice box and SUCK IT!!!! ♥♥♥
liljp617
Forky wrote:
wow...you guys are lame.

most of the bands you ppls named are my favs.
-they are better than britney spears and justin timberlake shit.
--and nirvana? are you serious...

nirvana was one of the greatest bands tht existed...kurt cobain dyed and their songs are still popular and ppl still buy their albums all the time!!!

--so put tht in your juice box and SUCK IT!!!! ♥♥♥

People still buy it cause they see Cobain as a martyr...not because the music is that great. Grunge in general was pretty much crap. Very little respectable music came out of it. Luckily it died out pretty quick...
Afaceinthematrix
pencapchew wrote:

my list would be
1. My Chemical Romance
2. Simple Plan
3. Hawthorne Heights
4. Fall Out Boy
5. new Metallica
6. Killswitch Engage
7. Blink 182
8. Coheed & Cambria
9. nine
10. ten

Is the new Metallica really bad enough to make the top ten list when there are some pretty horrible bands out there? Sure Metallica isn't as good as it was back in the day.... but they still rock.
roxys_art
Well...not sure about top ten, but I have one band that I feel is overrated. I will probably catch flak for it, but hey, it's just my opinion anyway. Music is subjective. It's art. Some people like some things and dislike others...that's just the way it is.

The band I am talking about is KISS. Just never was a huge fan. I tried to get into the music, but it just isn't something I am into.
zyd666
Green Day And SOAD
jsfdan
I don't like My Chemical Romance and Slipknot.
Insanity
What exactly do you mean by 'worst'? There's a distinction between a bad band and just a band you don't like, and it's not always clear...
Blissgene
I cannot even name ten bands tho....
slashnburn99
winger
megadeath
firehouse
green jelly
struth defender
gearbox faulty
matchbox20
my leg hurts
Rush
incubus

couple of pretend ones in there see if you can guess them
tingkagol
I can't really pinpoint any bad bands nowadays. Haven't watched TV or heard the radio for the longest time, so no music is ever forced on me nowadays.

What I do though is research the internet and find new music- the ones I don't like, I just pass off as the ones that don't fit my taste or mood.

Yeah.

Seriously, I don't hate any one band these days. Maybe giving up television was beneficial to me.
ortie10
Take a couple shots and they will all start sounding better!
sandmanxyz
man, the metallica from the st.anger era really deserves to be on the list
Xanatos
sandmanxyz wrote:
man, the metallica from the st.anger era really deserves to be on the list

They made one bad cd. And really it wasn't even about making good sounding music. Watch the documentary Some kind of monster. It explains what they really made the cd for. Anyhow this is about the top ten WORST bands of all time. Metallica definitely does not belong on this list. You cannot claim one era of their music to put on this list.
ortie10
Creed and any American Idol Bands!
jessicawalker
slashnburn99 wrote:
winger
megadeath
firehouse
green jelly
struth defender
gearbox faulty
matchbox20
my leg hurts
Rush
incubus

couple of pretend ones in there see if you can guess them

Rush??? Are you kidding?? Wow... Rush is one of the best bands ever (edit: in my opinion).
amfriendsforever153
I think those brands are boring in which the music is slow as well as the song too.
Denvis
Lol a lot of the bands here posted are my favs...

~ Random Order
1. 3 Doors Down
2. Blink 182
3. Fall Out Boy
4. Panic at the disco!
5. Rage Against The Machines
jessicawalker
Some artists/bands that annoy the crap out of me:

Nickleback (And any other band that sounds just like them or similar, because there are many)
Creed
3 Doors Down
Taylor Swift (She's AWFUL!)
Lifehouse
Hoobastank
Blue October
Good Charlotte
Sum-41
Tantric
Metallica (I've seen them numerous times, I've met them, I just can't respect them as musicians anymore. Not since the Black Album)
Plain White T's
Miley Cyrus
The list goes on and on and on...
billonsostars10
1.limp bizkit
2.creed
3.jonas brothers
4.moroon 5
5.jimi hendrix
6.3 doors down
7.james addiction
8.beatles
9.santaira
10.ten Wink
billonsostars10
zyd666 wrote:
Green Day And SOAD
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!!!???!!!
Kohi
Hey I like Greenday, Panic! at the Disco, and Fall Out Boy. So much hate that it hurts other people who like junk.
Okay, I'm the hypocrite because Plain White T's, Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers are pretty terrible.
Yay for the hate fest?
Xanatos
billonsostars10 wrote:

5.jimi hendrix
8.beatles

Question I can see people who don't like their kind of music, but to put these on a list of the worst rock bands ever is just ridiculous.
mattyj
this list is pretty easy to make

Top 10 worst wanna be rock bands are

1. Creed
2. Creed
3. Creed
4. Creed
5,6,7,8,9,10 Creed

With honorable mentions to Live(apart from throwing copper) & Simple Plan (whiny little bitches)
liljp617
I laughed out loud at someone putting Hendrix on their list....

gimme a break
mattyj
liljp617 wrote:
I laughed out loud at someone putting Hendrix on their list....

gimme a break

I reckon, quite possibly the greatest guitarist of all time...

Same with The Beatles, Nirvana, etc....get a clue people....
mattyj
billonsostars10 wrote:
zyd666 wrote:
Green Day And SOAD
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!!!???!!!

says the person with The Beatles and Jimi Hendrix on his list????

Perhaps you should look in the mirror and ask yourself the same question
facebookturkey
miccadoin wrote:
pencapchew wrote:

my list would be
1. My Chemical Romance
2. Simple Plan
3. Hawthorne Heights
4. Fall Out Boy
5. new Metallica
6. Killswitch Engage
7. Blink 182
8. Coheed & Cambria
9. nine
10. ten

also greenday ..
paskifire
my chemical romance- gayish band
simple plan- gayish voice
fallout boy (new) - gayish mtv
stel4e
eatthesun wrote:

6. Korn

?!??!??!?!?!?!
gandalfthegrey
1. Creed
2. Metallica
3. U2
4. Slipknot
5. Jane's Addiction
6. Kid Rock (not a band, but he sucks)
scary
Well...everyone has his own opinion...I think Green Day are the best band ever...but it depends on the person...I think U2 suck completely, someone thinks they are the best...HOWEVER ...

1.Jonas Brothers
2.U2
3.fall out boy
4.Slipknot
5.Korn
6.My chemical romance
7.Nickelback
8.The Killers
9.NoFX
10.Jimmy eat world

That's my list.I will listen to anyone who doesn't agree, but I probably won't care :]
binsmyth
pencapchew wrote:

my list would be
1. My Chemical Romance
2. Simple Plan
3. Hawthorne Heights
4. Fall Out Boy
5. new Metallica
6. Killswitch Engage
7. Blink 182
8. Coheed & Cambria
9. nine
10. ten

Yes that is very very true. all the bands I hate them. especially My Chemical Romance, Simple Plan and FOB.
fuhgeddaboutit
...Aerosmith used to rock back in the 80's and 70's
if you add them to the list... then you should add bon jovi aswell
and guns'n roses
ponda
1. Simple Plan.
2. Good Charlotte.
3. Hawthorne Heights.
4. Coheed and Cambria.
5. Evanessence.

Can't think of anything worse than those.
clydejaw
1) Creed
2) Nickelback
3) Good Charlotte
4) Evanescence
5) Seether
siren123
1. Limp Bizkit
2. Creed
3. Britney Spears
4. Boys like girls
5. Jonas Brothers
6. Santana
7. Maroon 5
8. Jane's Addiction
9. ????????
10.????????
guggs
Big problem with U2 is that they stopped being fresh 25 years ago - their latest album sounds exactly like any of the ones they made back then.

And which idiot included The White Stripes in this category ? I'll send Jack round to get ya ...
sandmanxyz
Santana (I hope you mean the last albums), U2, Jane's Addiction ... Come on, give me a break!! Smile

I've seen Creed as a regular choice, but I'm really sure that the new album will rock. But I understand the pick though.

Everyone has their own opinion, sometimes I hear a band and I don't see any special about it to understand why the hell are they so popular.
kriszara
Bang Tango
Faith no More actually sucked live
those damn "do-bop" kids...the Hansons?
Julian Lennon
wtfwtf
WTF koRn,SOAD,ICP,nirvana,limp bizkit? grow some pussies!
krkdo
i don't like music. i live in silence
PleoMaster
pencapchew wrote:

my list would be
1. My Chemical Romance
2. Simple Plan
3. Hawthorne Heights
4. Fall Out Boy
5. new Metallica
6. Killswitch Engage
7. Blink 182
8. Coheed & Cambria
9. nine
10. ten

I love fall out boy but the rest i agree, there to much soft rock going about thease days.
liljp617
krkdo wrote:
i don't like music. i live in silence

I feel deeply sorry for you that you can't appreciate a single aspect of such a huge range of modern art.
rogue_skydragon
1) Jonas Brothers
2) Fall Out Boy
3) Hawthorne Heights
4) Limp Bizkit
5) Simple Plan
6) Good Charlote
gandalfthegrey
Jane's Addiction
welshsteve
Firstly, who said Faith No More were crap live? They are awesome!!!

Back to the question, there are quite a few. I'd definitely have Jane's Addiction in there. They are garbage. AHA, add Garbage to that, and L7 (remember them?).

I've seen a lot of bands live and although I really like their studio stuff, Megadeth are one of the worst bands I've ever seen live.
Afaceinthematrix
I don't know if I've made a list in this topic before, but if I did, I'll redo it because I just saw the worst band in the world the other night... They were TERRIBLE... and I'll put that band in number one..

1. Volbeat
2. Jonas Sisters
3. Green Day
4. Nickelback
5. Paramore
6. Fallout Boy
7. Panic at the Disco
8. Sick Puppies
9. Seether
10. System of a Down

It's so hard to only come up with 10 bands... But those are all pretty terrible...
debo69
color=darkblue]to put in in the smallest list of what i hate is hair metal Rolling Eyes new wave and pop other then that i like [size=24]most every thing els

[ what i like the most is ween, zapp, beefheart and iggy pop iggy rules Very Happy [/size]
todabeat
1. My Chemical Romance
2. Simple Plan
3. Hawthorne Heights
4. Fall Out Boy
5. new Metallica
6. Killswitch Engage
7. Blink 182
8. Coheed & Cambria
9. nine
10. ten

could not agree more
fordesign
my chemical romance ? Smile) is it top ten or are you kidding ? Smile
Enterprise
I'm surprised no one is listing things like Journey, White Snake, and Bon Jovi, you know, the stuff I love that everyone else in the world who "knows anything about REAL music" will tell you just sucks, sucks, sucks. I actually agree with everything listed here, except for U2. I love them like a guilty pleasure. Well, who am I kidding, all of what I listen to is a guilty pleasure! 80's pop/rock ftw!
e500freestyle
miccadoin wrote:
miccadoin wrote:
pencapchew wrote:

my list would be
1. My Chemical Romance
2. Simple Plan
3. Hawthorne Heights
4. Fall Out Boy
5. new Metallica
6. Killswitch Engage
7. Blink 182
8. Coheed & Cambria
9. nine
10. ten

Except for Killswitch Engage I agree with all of them
zacky
pencapchew wrote:

my list would be
1. My Chemical Romance
2. Simple Plan
3. Hawthorne Heights
4. Fall Out Boy
5. new Metallica
6. Killswitch Engage
7. Blink 182
8. Coheed & Cambria
9. nine
10. ten

me either don't like emo but i love rocks! Well it depends on the age of the person where he will be perfectly suited in to different kinds of music.

What i mean by rock, are those real rock and roles and not those wanna be..

Those bands who started to rock this world!!! yeah!!!
hawksurp
My top 10 worst band list is:
1. Led Zeppelin
2. Pink Floyd
3. The Beatles
4. The Doors
5. Deep Purple
6. Jimi Hendrix
7. Queen
8. Red Hot Chili Peppers
9. Van Halen
10. Old Metallica

I won't change my mind. Evil or Very Mad

These are definitely my worst badass rocking bands ever!! I luv em! I hope you guys are referring to the worst bands in a Good Way. Cool

if not, im deeply sorry for misunderstanding and misinterpreting the forum topic. Embarassed [/youtube][/list]
snaggletoof
sean_keevey wrote:
IMHO, most modern rock bands are more or less crap, to get decent rock music you gotta go back to the likes of Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Eric Clapton, Pink Floyd, Frank Zappa, Lynyrd Skynyrd and so on. Modern Rock musc has just got so mind numbingly simple. If you compaer a greenday song to a Led Zeppelin song, the difference is amazing. Greenday is just powercords and is devoid of any musicianship. There is no soloing, no improv, nothing complex nothing that keeps one interested. Then if you look to Led Zeppelin, you can clearly see so much colour. Page was one of the greatest guitarists of all time. He was a true musician. His play reflected his mood, his solos are jaw-dropping. Robert Plant, such an incredible voice, John Paul Jones a very tallented Bassist and of course Bonham, one of very few drummers who could actually pull off a drum solo, and he did so incredibly, hi solos lasting upwards of 20 minutes on occaasions.
Also if you look at Hendrix, never has there been a guitarist with such fire shining through his music paired with such technical genius.

The only musician listed in the above rant who is worthy of putting into the realm of excellent musician is: Frank Zappa. That ****** knew his theory AND could throwdown to prove it!
You think Page didn't play powerchords? Think again foo! Not that LedZep or Floyd or Jimi weren't completely badass, just give credit where credit was due. Jimmy Page is a drunk, sloppy soloist at best and so was Hendrix. You don't believe me, check out "Song remains the Same" count how many times Page's wardrobe changes during his guitar solos... he was so sloppy, he couldn't even perform his own solos live, they had to splice three different nights together to get a cohesive sound. Keep in mind these are no longer thought of as mind-blowing solos: rather, hackneyed cheesy solos that guitar teachers (like myself) are teaching to beginning students. Go into any guitar store and start playing the solo from " Freebird" or "Stairway" and listen for the scoffs and snickers. John Bonham; the only drummer to solo? BULLSHIT! There are even shitty bands out today that can count circles around Bonzo. So this is me calling bullshit on your modern v old school rock theory. If you want to check out some REAL badass guitarists: Django Reinhardt, Buckethead, Tommy Emmanuel, Warren Haynes, Yngwie Malmsteen, shit even (hate to say it) Billy Corgan, one of rock's biggest douchebags, shreds harder that all those 60s and 70s throwbacks!

p.s. Here's the shitlist: (criterion for being a shitty rock band)

10. Oasis
9. if it's on MTV, chances are.....
8. did I mention...****** OASIS!
7. If it came from SONY, chances are.....
6. Can you buy their album @ Wal-Mart?......
5. Disney Records? oh yeah, that's who signed ICP (for real, look it up!)
4. Can their hit single be reproduced live without the aid of extra band members or sampler/sequencers? If no..........
3. Is your song on Rock Band video games?
2. Did no one mention Nickelback in these posts? Man they suck!
1. All that Emo shit listed earlier
0. ****** ****** ****** OASIS IN THEIR EARHOLES!
hersandal
Pls. include KISS damn I hate this band. I think they were gays. Wearing make up and the tongue are so long. There music doesn't rock because they act like a guy ones. They have these fireworks as if they were doing a fashion show.
vlinty7
If we're going to go mainstream, there are probably too many to name. Main offenders are of course anything on modern rock radio, Dave Matthews Band, 311, Sublime, Pearl Jam, Bon Jovi, Bruce Springsteen.

If we're going Indie the more appropriate term would be overrated or it's just bands I don't get. So, let's go with Of Montreal, Sleigh Bells, Super Furry Animals, Menomena, LCD Soundsystem, Death Cab for Cutie, Björk, Deerhoof, Dirty Projectors, The Flaming Lips, No Age, Sonic Youth, Joanna Newsom, Regina Spektor, Arctic Monkeys, Bloc Party, The Rapture, Sigur Rós, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Tortoise, White Stripes.

Some lists I made a while ago showcase some of the bands above and why they sorta suck:
www.therockczar.com/indie-genre/top-10-m...ted- indie-rock-bands
www.therockczar.com/misc/the-25-absolute...songs- of-the-century
www.therockczar.com/misc/top-40-most-annoying- vocalists
www.therockczar.com/misc/top-20-most-overrated- bands
granvals
I love the weirdness that is Lady Gaga!Her clothing style is bold and unique,and her songs are amazing.Personally,I think she sounds better without all of the electronic stuff,if you listen to her sing with just her and piano-She is got a gorgeous voice,and it is not all electronic sounding like how some other pop singers are.Iheart Gaga! Twisted Evil
sandmanxyz
granvals wrote:
I love the weirdness that is Lady Gaga!Her clothing style is bold and unique,and her songs are amazing. twisted:

Unique?? I have seen more half-naked girls going around.
Saimaster1
I personally like Green Day, except the new stuff. My top 2 are Alice In Chains and Them Crooked Vultures. And what exactly is everyone's problem with Nirvana?
liljp617
So you like Green Day and have no problem with Nirvana. But you don't think Alice In Chains is worth the time?
Saimaster1
liljp617 wrote:
So you like Green Day and have no problem with Nirvana. But you don't think Alice In Chains is worth the time?

Yes because they have a unique sound i like. You'll never hear another band like AIC. EVER.
panterasucks
Quote:
And on the subject of Pantera: Another thrash/groove metal band who went out every concert and simply gave people an extremely great time. They played some of the heaviest shit that has ever hit the metal scene and they did it by being themselves, rather than conforming to what a bunch of people were saying and feeding into the mainstream bullshit. They made an entire CD in 2 weeks and had it cut and ready within a month (Vulgar Display of Power)...a CD that went Platinum and is regarded as one of the best metal albums ever. The made six amazing albums (not counting the glam/hair metal albums) that are all held at the highest in the metal community. They did what they loved and they did it, arguably, the best any metal band ever has. I think going from a nobody band to one of the most influential, well-known, heaviest bands in metal history within 6-8 years is quite good use of talent. And while on the topic of talent, Phil Anselmo is at the pinnacle of metal band lead man. It doesn't take much to form that opinion if you listen to the Cowboys From Hell album or the Vulgar Display of Power album. Up until his antics with heroin, there couldn't have been a better lead man for a thrash/groove metal band. And even now he's doing incredibly well and he's taking another new band (Down) to the top of the metal scene...that's quite a talent in my book.

Are you ****** kidding me... "thrash"? LOL!

Pantera were nothing but a bunch of posers that followed trends and eventually ripped off a REAL THRASH METAL BAND called Exhorder (Phil was big into those guys when he still looked like a little pussy boy with big hair). The fact that you call Pantera "thrash" only makes your entire argument for them worthless. They were a glam metal band in the '80s and then ripped off Exhorder's image and watered down their musical style and turned them into big $$$. ****** bullshit about what people say about Deadbag Darrell. He's not THAT great at guitar. Actually, he was MUCH BETTER back in the '80s, when he wasn't afraid to play some mean notes. He clearly plays more riffs in all his first four albums with Pantera than anything past Cowboys! Oh yeah, and to say that Power Metal wasn't an amazing album (that says a lot for a band like Pantera...) is just further proof that your argument fails. Power Metal stands to this day as Pantera's most furious record. Cowboys was good too, though. However, by Vulgar they started getting lazy and eventually forgot how to compose a good song. Walk is the worst ****** song. How can you posers like it? Pantera is the reason why we have shit like Limp Bizkit, Korn, Nickelback, Slipknot, and so on. Exhorder always stayed true to their sound, whereas Pantera desired a new image right as glam was in the decline so they can continue to make money. And boy, they certainly DID make a lot of money. Too bad they ended up being total fakes. Phil Anselmo is a shitty singer since Vulgar Display of Power and Vinnie Paul is the most boring drummer EVER -- Gene Hoglan of Dark Angel is much fatter than him and yet he can still THRASH harder than Vinnie Paul!!! HOW ABOUT THAT?!?!

Check this site out for a funny comic about Pantera being fakes: http://you_poseur.tripod.com/panTera/panTera.htm
The_unnamed_label
Green Day haters... seriously you should see them live.. their quality as performers or musicians isnt to be proved anymore...

actually most of the bands Ive seen listed here are "quality bands" in the sense they actually made it... and really its not a matter of quality but tastes..

THOUGH I'll name "Mystery Jets" as the worse band all time... I saw them supporting another act last year... I was on the barrier... and they played only 40 mins ish.... but I almost passed out from boredom and I really had to be motivated to not leave my spot!!
tingkagol
I'm really bad at this. But I'll try to be as honest as possible. Unlike some people here, I will be listing bands that I've actually listened to. I think others should have this as their criteria before writing any band off. For example: I will not be listing Jonas Brothers simply because I haven't heard any of their songs.

Let's see...

Busted
Heard this band on MTV and thought they were the most ridiculous "rock band" I've ever seen. All three of the members carry guitars that weren't even connected to amps. All they do on stage is jump and thrash around to their songs that are probably more 'pop' than 'rock'. Who plays bass and drums? Beats me. A pre-recorded track I guess. Just horrible. Yes, I believe this is the WORST band in all honesty.

Coal Chamber
I sort of liked their debut album (when I was in my teens), but their 2nd album is just god awful. Probably the dumbest lyricist I've ever heard of (Dez Fafara).

Godsmack
The rhythm section just comes off as really bland and uninspired to me, recycling riffs over and over, though the drummer is okay I guess. Another shitty lyricist (Sully Erna, I believe).

Endo
I do not know these guys well, but I picked up their record back in the day. They're just a pretty boring band. I liked 1 or 2 songs but that's it. Shitty lyricist again.

...I'm in a hurry, but I'll think of more later...
dave999
This is easy worst most lamest gay band of all time

1. Hanson
2. Hanson
3. Hanson
4. Hanson
5. Hanson
6. Hanson
7. Hanson
8. Hanson
9. Hanson
10. Hanson

They won't stop making music either. How many albums do they have now.. 23?
Why the ****** does anyone listen to this shit.
Just a bunch of dumb ****** chicks who fail to give up on their childhood dream of hooking up with Taylor. Never mind that he is married and secretly gay.

it's so upsetting. All of their songs are ****** lame as shit too. Come on you stupid girls grow up like all the rest of us. It's just not good music try something else.
rant over.
2b11
pencapchew wrote:

my list would be
1. My Chemical Romance
2. Simple Plan
3. Hawthorne Heights
4. Fall Out Boy
5. new Metallica
6. Killswitch Engage
7. Blink 182
8. Coheed & Cambria
9. nine
10. ten

What about tokio hotel? Shocked
mattyd
1. Simple Plan
2. ICP
3. Bloodhound Gang
4. Three Days Grace
5. Papa Roach
6. H.I.M.
7. Yellowcard
8. Hinder
9. Nickelback
10. U2
mattyd
Saimaster1 wrote:
I personally like Green Day, except the new stuff. My top 2 are Alice In Chains and Them Crooked Vultures. And what exactly is everyone's problem with Nirvana?

Alice in Chains was one of the best rock bands of the 90's
speeDemon
Rafe wrote:
Sadly, most of the bands on this list are some of my favorites. Add Audioslave, The Offspring and there you have all my favs. lol Embarassed

It's nothing to be sad about..
I'm pretty sure that most of the people here look at these bands as the worst because of the exposure they get from various sources. True to a certain extent though, I wouldn't like any artist who is more acclaimed/ famous because his picture was printed on the front page.. there are many who don't really get the limelight.

But the fact remains, apart from the exposure(which, I'm not sure but I really think, that they got for some reason... they're good) there is certainly an element of 'rock' in they're songs, that's why these many people like them. There are DEFINITELY better bands out there, but you can't undermine these ones because of them. Most people don't try to find meaning in songs, they just move to the sound and if the progressions are able to fill them with energy, with ROCK, it's enough, and for me, many of these bands do the same.

btw, could someone name some other good bands *not worst rock bands*, good ones..
gverutes
nickelback...just plain terrible.
drunkenkoz
mattyd wrote:
1. Simple Plan
2. ICP
3. Bloodhound Gang
4. Three Days Grace
5. Papa Roach
6. H.I.M.
7. Yellowcard
8. Hinder
9. Nickelback
10. U2

I can't agree with you on Papa Roach and Bloodhound Gang. Bother bands have produced many great songs that millions of people still listen to.
hideurchildren
Okay guys, If Blink 182 and Hawthorne heights suck so much how come they are making thousands of dollars and are selling out stadiums. so stop hating on the emo/pop punk bands.

1. ICP
2. The Fray
3. Underoath
4. The Devil Wears Prada
5. Escape The Fate
6. Attack! Attack!
7. A Skylit Drive
8. Asking Alexandria
9. Of Mice and Men
10. OTEP
The 10 worst bands in my opinion. Now would you rather listen to them or FOB? Ask yourself. Those are just my opinion. Screaming for every second of a song should just be called Blargh.
Ankhanu
hideurchildren wrote:
Okay guys, If Blink 182 and Hawthorne heights suck so much how come they are making thousands of dollars and are selling out stadiums. so stop hating on the emo/pop punk bands.

1. ICP
2. The Fray
3. Underoath
4. The Devil Wears Prada
5. Escape The Fate
6. Attack! Attack!
7. A Skylit Drive
8. Asking Alexandria
9. Of Mice and Men
10. OTEP
The 10 worst bands in my opinion. Now would you rather listen to them or FOB? Ask yourself. Those are just my opinion. Screaming for every second of a song should just be called Blargh.

There's some hypocrisy happening here Razz Read your first statement, then look at your list of worst bands. You're contradicting yourself.

Not defending the quality of the bands you chose, but...
pokemaster182XD
Just because you don't listen to a band doesn't mean they are a peice of "crap". I bet all of their band members have more talent than any of you immature critics. when you dub a band as "emo" you automatically assume they are garbage. like the one guy commented "I bet you couldn't define emo without looking it up". Also, your idea of rock is ridiculous. the point of rock, the point of music in general is to be yourself and express it throughout your music. yeah, so blink 182 doesn't have amazing guitar leads, and their bassist barely knows how to play (seriously, he never took lessons Very Happy) but what they do is unlike any band you will ever hear. all you morons that were hating on fall out boy, blink and mcr, probably listen to bands that all sound exactly the same (nickelback saving abel and theory of a deadman could be the same band as far as im concerned, and if your just hatin on them cuz your music scene died 30 years ago, get a f#&kin life). music is about self expression and being yourself, so if you think "hey your crazy bitch and you ****** so good im on top of it" or whatever is self expressive, you need a serious rain check. seriously, i know that it was all a matter of opinion in the first place, but if your gonna go talking trash with no real motivation behind it, go the f5&k home. Thanx Very Happy
PScript
pencapchew wrote:

my list would be
1. My Chemical Romance
2. Simple Plan
3. Hawthorne Heights
4. Fall Out Boy
5. new Metallica
6. Killswitch Engage
7. Blink 182
8. Coheed & Cambria
9. nine
10. ten

[youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t53E-u0U5rI
[/youtube]

david blade clock lol
vidafenomenal
lucky, I do not know any one of them.
bazilpyre
Why do people always rip on bands? especially bands that it's "cool" to hate... i.e. green day, slipknot, etc. What is the point of insulting something that other people like all the goddamn time?

I can only think of one band I don't like, and that's Black Veil Brides. I have a reason for not liking them. First of all, their image does not suit the music they play. I've had that sort of image for quite a while and I'm personally kind of peeved that they think they can just "claim" that. Also, their horrible live. I met them at warped, they were stuck up ******, as well as pussies. Their fans are also very annoying and unkind, one of the only groups of people i'd really call "posers" So ****** black veil brides.
Wiggers are also annoying. (also bring me the horizon)

So instead, I'll give you a list of my 10 favourite bands! (no real order)

1. Rammstein
2. Motionless in White
3. My Chemcial Romance
4. Devildriver
5. Slayer
6. Marilyn Manson
7. Withered
8. Dimmu Borgir
9. Skrillex (not really a band but blow me)
10. Korn

there's tons others of course...

the reason people constantly think there has to be something to tear down is ignorance and dickwaving.

Sure a band might be popular, but often there's a reason for this. My Chemical Romance, one you've talked about alot, became popular because of their unique sound, image, and lyrics people could relate to. Did anyone presume to tell you they were the most talented band in the world?
No, it is what it is what it is. Different music has different purposes.

But people won't get that. Open your mind before your mouth. But you won't.

It's called ignorance, and the scene is full of it, and it will be what kills us.
WouldYouKillToSaveALife
3 years ago... My Chemical Romance would've been my number one, mainly because The Black Parade bored me to death but I actually listened to their older stuff like Revenge and Bullets and they don't actually suck... Bullets is, in all honesty, an amazing album.

Oh and My Chemical Romance get way to much shit.
enilsoncba
I have a really bad top 10.

1. Panic at the Disco
2. Simple Plan
3. Foo Fighters
4. Greenday
5. AFI
6. My Chemical Romance
7. HIM
8. Bullet for my Valentine
9. Taking Back Sunday
10. Fall Out Boy
Dialogist
pencapchew wrote:

my list would be
1. My Chemical Romance
2. Simple Plan
3. Hawthorne Heights
4. Fall Out Boy
5. new Metallica
6. Killswitch Engage
7. Blink 182
8. Coheed & Cambria
9. nine
10. ten

1. Guns N Roses
2. Metalica
3. Slayer
4. R.E.M
5. The Sex Pistols
6. The Clash
7. The Smashing Pumpkins
8. Radiohead
9. Coldplay
10. Guns N Roses

Okay, The Sex Pistols make this list on honorable terms, as do The Clash. I sort of like both but only because they are so appalling and lacking in any sort of musical ability, but in an artistic "rock n roll" kind of way (so credit where credit is due). Metallica are individually excellent musicians (the drummer especially) but their music is about as welcome to my eardrums as tinnitus, which, ironically, is inevitably what prolonged exposure to it induces. Slayer are a fourteen year old boy's rock band who've just discovered that their amps have an Eleven setting. "We're rubbish, but if we play loud enough, maybe it'll drown it all out" seems to be the maxim. Unfortunately for the many fans, this seems to have worked. R.E.M. recently called a press conference to announce that they were splitting up. I think all the reporters and everyone assumed that Michael Stipe was dying or something, as he looks exactly like Tom Hanks in Philadelphia. Unfortunately, he was just delivering news about his god-awful "thinking-man's rock band" who haven't been relevant for the past twenty years, if songs about Shining Happy People ever really were. Hardly quantum physics is it? Which leads me nicely to Radiohead. The quantum physics of whining. Seriously, if I wanted to listen to guy who's face looks (and sounds) like he's just ate a lemon for the first time, I'd buy their art-school soul-searching "morbid n roll". The fact of the matter is simply this: It needs a melody. I don't care how many mathematical equations were used in the layering and sampling in the studio. Compare them with the childlike simplicity and blatantly obvious riffology of somebody like T-Rex or even Oasis and you'll see the distinction is inverse to the musical snobbery. Coldplay, started out fantastic, wrote an amazing debut album on par with The Beatles (in my opinion). Then turned in ABBA or Annie Lennox. Vida da Vida Bollocks. Guns N Roses are a cartoon Rock N Roll band that apparently everyone but me took seriously. I don't know if it is the USA's attempt to dissuade people from believing the simple and obvious fact: America does not naturally produce great rock bands or that it is just a load of yes-men all nodding to the same lie, but Rolling Stone (the audacity of using that name) lists them as one of the greatest rock n roll bands of all time. But to be fair, they also list Bruce Springsteen (probably, again, because he was "Born in The USA") hmm, troubling. Slash (born in England) was only the notable saving grace about this sanctimonious shower of shoite and therefore I have listed them twice! 1st and last. To symbolize that Guns N Roses are definitively and infinitely the Alpha and Omega of garbage rock n roll bands.

Sweet Child of Mine was good, but only because of Slash's riff.

Honorable mentions:

Kasabian.
Kings of Leon.
Blur.
And of course all of the emos you listed, who I don't regard as "rock" (personally).

Fun thread!
Afaceinthematrix
Dialogist wrote:
Metallica are individually excellent musicians (the drummer especially) but their music is about as welcome to my eardrums as tinnitus, which, ironically, is inevitably what prolonged exposure to it induces. Slayer are a fourteen year old boy's rock band who've just discovered that their amps have an Eleven setting. "We're rubbish, but if we play loud enough, maybe it'll drown it all out" seems to be the maxim. Unfortunately for the many fans, this seems to have worked.

Oh, how I love trolls. They make me mad. Given that you put GnR, Metallica, and Slayer all in the same top ten list for worst rock bands ever shows that you have absolutely no musical credibility in the first place. Metallica does have pretty good musicianship (but certainly not as much as many other metal bands) and have written some of the best metal songs of all time (they owe a lot of credit to Cliff Burton and Dave Mustaine). And the average Slayer fan is at least 20 FYI. Their musicianship is superb as is their song writing skill. There isn't a single metal band today that doesn't owe a debt to Slayer. They are probably the most influential metal band of all time. To say that they cannot play and they just play loud to cover that up is ridiculous. They are one of the fastest and heaviest bands of all time. Their musicianship is top notch. Furthermore, you actually said Lars Ulrich was an especially talented musician (when he isn't; Dave Lombardo from Slayer, for instance, is far more talented). That shows that you know nothing about music or music theory, have probably never played an instrument, and most likely cannot read music let alone write it.

Just because a type of music isn't your style doesn't mean that the people at the top of those genres are necessarily untalented or merit the title of "worst of all time." GnR is a very influential rock band while Slayer is probably the most influential metal band of all time and Metallica is one of the most famous metal bands of all time.

Quote:
America does not naturally produce great rock bands

Except that metal can be seen as a subgenre of some sort of rock and metal was basically created in the U.K. and the U.S. Let me list some of the most influential metal bands of all time that are from America.

Metallica
Megadeth
Slayer
Anthrax
Pantera
Symphony X
Deicide
Testament
Exodus
Death
Etc...

And for influential rock bands:
Kiss
Aerosmith
The Doors
The Eagles
Etc.
LimitIsIllusion
1. Led Zeppelin
2. The Beatles
3. Pink Floyd
4. Journey
5. Aerosmith
6. Nirvana
7. The Eagles
8. Van Halen
9. Lynard Skynard
10. The Who
KitCat10
My Chemical Romance is a sell-out? Hell no. MCR saves people, and it saved me. Do any of you know what it's like to be tumbling down into a depression that there seems to be no end to? To suffer to make it through each day? I don't think so. The first line in the first song they ever wrote was "you're not in this alone." That got me to keep on going. And if you hate their newer, "happier" album, guess what? They are happy now. They were in a bad place and now they can finally be okay. Gerard Way (the lead singer), was spriling deeper and deeper into drug abuse and drinking problems. But he got through it!! He is an inspiration for ANYONE who it in a bad place right now, or ever, for that matter. And the eyeliner and make-up? Used to convey a point that they are not sell-outs. They have emotions, they have friends, they have familes. They are in it for the music. They are in it to save people.
Hello_World
dialogist this is supposed to be the bands you don't like LOL.

your list is of the best American bands...

Except Oasis is English...

Greenday sure is getting a canning here for some reason.

I can tell you that the top 10 worst bands are all ones that no-one has ever heard of.
tingkagol
Dialogist wrote:
Metallica are individually excellent musicians (the drummer especially)...

I smell sarcasm.

Anyway, just to expand on Afaceinthematix's sentiment, Lars Ulrich is probably the most inept drummer I've ever laid ears on. The others aren't too bad (James,Kirk,Jason/Rob), but I wouldn't call them exceptional.

Quote:
Which leads me nicely to Radiohead. The quantum physics of whining. Seriously, if I wanted to listen to guy who's face looks (and sounds) like he's just ate a lemon for the first time, I'd buy their art-school soul-searching "morbid n roll". The fact of the matter is simply this: It needs a melody. I don't care how many mathematical equations were used in the layering and sampling in the studio...

lol @ Thom Yorke eating a lemon.

Anyway, I hated their latest release: "King of Limbs". But "In Rainbows" was just excellent. A couple of amazing tracks in there... particularly "Reckoner". That song is just..... ah.... so beautiful. They've been making some pretty abstract tracks as of late, but I wouldn't say they lack melody. In fact, I think "In Rainbows" was pretty melodic from start to finish. I also do not find their music 'mathematical' at all (i honestly do not know how you think that).

Quote:
Coldplay, started out fantastic, wrote an amazing debut album on par with The Beatles (in my opinion). Then turned in ABBA or Annie Lennox. Vida da Vida Bollocks.

I completely agree with this. Parachutes was just... excellent. One of the most cohesive, emotive, beautiful albums I've ever heard. Just recently, me and a friend were in a tiny bar up in the mountains at night- we had a few beers, enjoyed the full moon / view of the city, and played this album on repeat with the portable speakers I brought. We played a couple of other records as well to further the mood. Definitely one of the most spiritual listening experiences I've had with friends. And for that, Coldplay/Parachutes will always have a special place in my heart. I also wouldn't put them in a 'worst bands' list just because I hate their current musical style.
LSEknight
shr3dd wrote:
If you like the bands on the list i'm sorry, most of them suck, Killswitch is good. Emo is terrible, terrible music. All of them are sellouts, no exceptions. To whoever said slipknot was commercial, you're an idiot. Good music requires originality. Emo sucks. Get a life you f**kin emo kids, cut your damn hair and stop whining, be happy you have the life you have.

Do you even know what emo means? Not the modern ****** stereaotypical definition im talking about the real def. And btw not all emo kids have long hair dumbass, get your facts straight! I amemo and i do have short hair and i dont whine about anything. You believe all stereotypes don't you?
LSEknight
KitCat10 wrote:
My Chemical Romance is a sell-out? Hell no. MCR saves people, and it saved me. Do any of you know what it's like to be tumbling down into a depression that there seems to be no end to? To suffer to make it through each day? I don't think so. The first line in the first song they ever wrote was "you're not in this alone." That got me to keep on going. And if you hate their newer, "happier" album, guess what? They are happy now. They were in a bad place and now they can finally be okay. Gerard Way (the lead singer), was spriling deeper and deeper into drug abuse and drinking problems. But he got through it!! He is an inspiration for ANYONE who it in a bad place right now, or ever, for that matter. And the eyeliner and make-up? Used to convey a point that they are not sell-outs. They have emotions, they have friends, they have familes. They are in it for the music. They are in it to save people.

Agree with you 150% here!!
GuidanceReader
I don't know if I could list bands, as I don't count my personal taste in deciding something is crap... And a lot of the time if I don't like it, I can still appreciate the techniques and skills (being a musician myself)...

However, I'd have to put Rebecca Black (even though she's not a band) on there,..
Laro696
pencapchew wrote:

my list would be
1. My Chemical Romance
2. Simple Plan
3. Hawthorne Heights
4. Fall Out Boy
5. new Metallica
6. Killswitch Engage
7. Blink 182
8. Coheed & Cambria
9. nine
10. ten

How on earth can Nickelback not be on your list??
metalman94
1. Asking Alexandria
2. Of Mice and Men
3. Chelsea Grin
4. Nirvana
5. Nickleback
6. Motionless in White
7. Scream the Lie
8. Nu Metal in General
9. Anything with "core" in its name
10. U2

My favorite bands

1. Weezer
2. Foo Fighters
3. Megadeth
4. Van Halen
5. Metallica
6. Anthrax
7. Dimmu Borgir
8. Slayer
9. Black Keys
10. Pantera
Hatersagainsthate
0. Creed (post grunge mixed with christianish lyrics)
1.Canadian post grunge (Nickelback billy talent and theory of a deadman).
2. The Beatles (unbelievably overrated)
3. What I call "post punk" like what most of you posted
4. Motörhead
5.AC/DC
6. Mudvayne (terrible vocals when not screaming and cheap lyrics)
7. hollywood undead
8. Slipknot (cheap shock rock with monotone vocals
9. Kings of Leon
10. Anything comedic(except Conchords)

Now what I actually like
1.Nine inch nails before 2000
2. Marilyn Manson
3. Deftones (actually decent nu-metal and subtle slightly hyptotic guitar playing)
4. Rage against the machine
5. Nirvana
6. Pixies
7. Alexisonfire (Alexis on fire not Alex is on fire)
8. Tool
9. Bob Dylan
10. Smashing pumpkins
Hatersagainsthate
tar-xzv wrote:
Here's my list.

1. Green Day
2. Blink-182
3. Linkin Park
4. New Fall Out Boy
5. New Weezer
6. System of a Down
7. New Metallica (sucks so badly)
8. Korn
9. NIN
10. Creed

5ani

Unfortunately NIN is the worst shit ever now. Or really anything Trent released after rehab but worse then creed? Maybe hell a lot of his old stuff is terrible. Seriously like a broken record but not worse then creed.
Hatersagainsthate
[quote="Izar"]
tingkagol wrote:

...and to each his own.

1) the White Stripes
3) Simple Plan
4) Lifehouse
5) The Calling
6) Godsmack

Quote:

1. Marilyn Manson
3. Slipknot
4. Green Day
6. Queen
7. Lamb of God
8. Linkin Park
9. Hilary Duff
10. Brittney Spears

1. Marilyn Manson
2. Slipknot
3. Green Day
4. Queen
5. Lamb of God
6. Linkin Park
7. Motley Crue
8. Matchbox 20
9. Limp Bizkit

So... That is my list.[/quote
Marilyn Manson has gotten terrible repetitive and bland and there is no offense him and his band are terrible and great. (everything after holy wood sounds the same with a twist)
MCRmy23

My top favorite bands are:
1 My Chemical Romance
2 green day
3 Panic!At The Disco
4 System Of A Down
5 tool
6 yellowcard
7 old weezer
8 old fallout boy
9 black veil brides(sometimes)
10 tears for fears
ToP 5 worst:
1 linkIn park
2 Marilynn Manson
3marilynn Manson
4 all American rejects
5hot hot heat
welshsteve
Cannot believe people put Metallica into lists here. They're awesome.

I have never liked Slipknot. I once saw a band called "Cry Of Love" at the Donnington Monsters Of Rock and they were rubbish!

so, of bands I've actually heard

Marilyn Manson
Cry of Love
Slipknot
Deicide
Nepalm Deth
Corrosion Of Conformity
Suicidal Tendencies
Extreme
Most cheesy european metal bands from the 80s
Blink 182
psauthority
Pantera is my all time favorite. No one even comes close these days.
welshsteve
Why are poeple putting their favourites up? This is asking for WORST bands Laughing Laughing
EmbraceTheSass
um…alot of everyone on here are saying they don't like bands because they are "Emo," or "Gay." Emo means emotional. You can't get good music without putting emotion into it. Also when you say, "That band is gay," ask yourselves what does "Gay" mean? You don't like them because they are homosexuals? That's what Gay is. So what does sexuality have to do with the quality of music? You just say you don't like a band because of what they look like. Yes, I realize this forum is "Worst rock bands" and I have no right to rant here. I apologize for that. Most bands that have been named here are actually VERY good bands. You just say they are the worst because that's what others say and you don't like their image. Those of you saying "Oh I hate them because they sold out." Well let me tell you something. If a band doesn't get big and get played, how is anyone supposed to get the message? How are they going to gain fans? Obviously none of these bands are the WORST because they continue to make records and gain fans. The worst bands out there no one probably knows of. BUT if you really listen to the MUSIC and you hate it and you feel like it's trash, then good on you. I respect that. I really do. People should get to listen to the kind of music they want.
My Chemical Romance. That's my favorite band. Judge me. I don't care. They have something that alot of bands don't. Soul. They don't sing about hooking up and getting dumped. They sing about life. The ups and downs. Yea, they started out small and got pretty big. You know why? They wanted to get their message out. I've seen them on just about every list and they sure don't deserve it. BUT if you really really don't like the music that's fine. I wont dislike you because you think they can't make music. In all honesty there are MUCH more talented bands out there music wise. That doesn't mean they're the worst. The music means something to people and that's all that matters.
As for Green day…they just rock okay? I don't know what else to say.
Since I'm here I might as well list some music I hate. (it's my opinion and I have reason.)
ALOT (I'm not saying ALL) country music. Its mostly about drinking and girls. And I KNOW this because everytime I get in the car I'm forced to listen to it. (my mother.) I know some of it has actual meaning but alot of it sounds the same. Like there is no individualality.
But that's just me. If you like it then don let anything stop you from listening to it and being proud.
Thanks for your time.
tingkagol
I actually like the first album of Slipknot. Haven't listened to any of their subsequent albums.
Afaceinthematrix
welshsteve wrote:
Cannot believe people put Metallica into lists here. They're awesome.

I have never liked Slipknot. I once saw a band called "Cry Of Love" at the Donnington Monsters Of Rock and they were rubbish!

so, of bands I've actually heard

Marilyn Manson
Cry of Love
Slipknot
Deicide
Nepalm Deth
Corrosion Of Conformity
Suicidal Tendencies
Extreme
Most cheesy european metal bands from the 80s
Blink 182

The reason why you cannot believe that people put new Metallica on here is because you obviously don't like metal and so don't seem to care that they stopped making metal. Deicide? Are you shitting me? Even if you don't like death metal, you have to appreciate what they did for it during the 80s. The helped create and revolutionize an entire genre and did it pretty well for the most part. Some of their stuff isn't that great but some of it is the definition of death metal. Marilyn Manson? I'm not a huge fan but I wouldn't exactly call him bad. He definitely has talent and you're either into it or you're not. I don't like Slipknot either but I wouldn't call them bad. I've seen them and they have some real talent - it's just not for me. I think that their music is actually pretty good I am just not into a rap and metal mix. European metal bands from the 80s? That's just being closed minded as you're excluding an entire genre and geographical area. Do you realize that Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, etc. were all making music in the 80s? Do you realize that the 80s was when bands such as Bathory, Dark Tranquility, Angel Witch, Motorhead, etc. were all making albums back in the 80s? Just because you don't like metal doesn't mean that you have to say it's the worst ever - especially when there are bands around these days like the Jonas Brothers that actually lack any talent when these bands - rather you like them or not - have no talent. I actually wouldn't even call new Metallica terrible - I just don't like their music. Musically, most of it is good. They usually manage to play on time and in proper key and such. St. Anger just lacked all standards for production.

Quote:

It's because most people don't have proper music training to know what is good and furthermore they don't care about musicianship. All they want to hear is some catchy song that stays in their head all day and that is accessible and easy to listen to. Some of the most talented bands aren't easy to listen to if you don't like the genre. And I agree with many of the bands you chose - I absolutely hate core music (mostly because the average person associates it with metal which pisses me off).

EmbraceTheSass wrote:
um…alot of everyone on here are saying they don't like bands because they are "Emo," or "Gay." Emo means emotional. You can't get good music without putting emotion into it. Also when you say, "That band is gay," ask yourselves what does "Gay" mean? You don't like them because they are homosexuals?

First off, this is what emo music is defined as:

Quote:
Emo is a style of rock music characterized by melodic musicianship and expressive, often confessional lyrics

I don't want to hear some people whining about their problems because I just don't care about their problems - I have my own problems and I want to hear their music. I want to listen to manly and aggressive music. Secondly, in American English these days gay has gone from meaning homosexual to meaning lame. I'll call a band gay and use it as an offensive term but I would never call a homosexual gay and try to make offensive because I am not homophobic and I don't care if you're gay. These days, gay can also mean lame. Actually, now that I think about it, lame has gone from meaning handicapped to meaning "not awesome" or something... English is a funny language.
Pro7770
not gonna get into the "are they rock or not debate," but as far as just "bands" these are my 10 worst of the modern era.

#1 brokeNCYDE (worst band of all time
#2 Nickelback
#3 The Fray
#4 Hinder
#5 Theory of a Deadman
#6 Kings of Leon
#7 Tokio Hotel
#8 Asking Alexandria
#9 Black Veil Brides
#10 Jane's Addiction

honorable mention to Stained, Godsmack, Creed, Saving Abel, and Fall Out Boy
tingkagol
Pro7770 wrote:
#1 brokeNCYDE

Would you believe I could not stop laughing after seeing that? That's got to be one of the most ridiculous names I've ever heard.

Afaceinthematrix wrote:
It's because most people don't have proper music training to know what is good and furthermore they don't care about musicianship.

You don't need to be "trained" to appreciate music, by the way. There is no objectively 'good' music and pretty much everything mentioned here are mere opinions.

You can be objective about technical musicianship however. But still, it's not indicative of 'good' music. Guys like John Petrucci (Dream Theater) could literally play in circles around Johnny Mar (The Smiths), but guess which band I enjoy listening to more?
Afaceinthematrix
tingkagol wrote:

You don't need to be "trained" to appreciate music, by the way. There is no objectively 'good' music and pretty much everything mentioned here are mere opinions.

You can be objective about technical musicianship however. But still, it's not indicative of 'good' music. Guys like John Petrucci (Dream Theater) could literally play in circles around Johnny Mar (The Smiths), but guess which band I enjoy listening to more?

Someone trained in music will most likely be able to pick out objectively bad - which, yes, it exists - music easier than someone not trained in music.

Music can be objectively bad. If the keyboardist is hitting an F every time that he is also hitting an E, every person is playing in a different time signature, the instruments aren't tuned, the music isn't written in the same/proper key, everyone has their own tempo, etc. then, yes, the music is objectively bad. I've heard some bands that sound like you took a bunch of immature 10-year-olds and put them in the same room with a bunch of instruments that they have never played before and let them go wild. What you hear is objectively bad.
tingkagol
That would be noise then, not music - at least based on the "standards" we agree on. (Or so I think we do). We agree, we're not "right".

Some people will argue that the thing you call 'noise' is actually music to them. (Sounds familiar?) Hence, I still maintain that music is subjective. I may enjoy music you find 'horrible', you may enjoy music I find 'horrible'. Mere opinions, none of it objective.

You can find music anywhere, actually. A pretty good example of this is in the movie "Another Earth" where the central character explains how a marooned astronaut found "music" in his cramped up pod in space.

Afaceinthematrix wrote:
I've heard some bands that sound like you took a bunch of immature 10-year-olds and put them in the same room with a bunch of instruments that they have never played before and let them go wild. What you hear is objectively bad.

What you hear is bad, therefore subjective. You cannot say the same for the kids playing, or that one, two, or 10,000 weirdos in the audience who happen to enjoy what they're hearing.

and just to nitpick... Smile :

Quote:
If the keyboardist is hitting an F every time that he is also hitting an E

There are actually chords that involve hitting F and E at the same time (Fmaj7 I think). More experimental keyboardists intentionally do stuff like that to achieve a more dissonant sound.

Quote:
every person is playing in a different time signature

Common in math rock/metal.
Afaceinthematrix
Quote:
What you hear is bad, therefore subjective. You cannot say the same for the kids playing, or that one, two, or 10,000 weirdos in the audience who happen to enjoy what they're hearing.

No. It is objectively bad. If you ever try teaching a music class to small children, you'll find that on day one they are highly energetic and will blow on their horns as hard as they can or pluck those strings as loud as they can. Everyone will be doing their own thing because they are excited to have their instruments in their hands and are excited to play them.

Quote:
There are actually chords that involve hitting F and E at the same time (Fmaj7 I think). More experimental keyboardists intentionally do stuff like that to achieve a more dissonant sound.

Okay. I didn't think of that chord. But it is a rarely used one for my purposes. The fact of the matter is that the reason why we have chords is that people who study music theory and how music theory work have figured out what sounds good and why. The fact of the matter is that if there weren't objective principles behind it then we would have no reason to study music theory.

Quote:
Common in math rock/metal.

maybe if you really know what you are doing. But most of the time it's people who are not proficient in their instruments or in writing music and that don't know how to play on time.
tingkagol
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
No. It is objectively bad. If you ever try teaching a music class to small children, you'll find that on day one they are highly energetic and will blow on their horns as hard as they can or pluck those strings as loud as they can. Everyone will be doing their own thing because they are excited to have their instruments in their hands and are excited to play them.

They are objectively bad in terms of technical musicianship. But you could not say the same for the 'mess' that comes out of their instruments.

Oh well, we'll just have to agree to disagree then.

Afaceinthematrix wrote:
The fact of the matter is that if there weren't objective principles behind it then we would have no reason to study music theory.

Studying music theory certainly helps in musicianship, but it's not a pre-requisite. If it was, then the most skilled musicians must and should be writing the best songs - which is not the case.

This was made apparent to me a few years ago in my search for records featuring elite musicians. I stumbled upon Dave Weckl's band (let me single him out), and while containing technically superb drumming, guitars, horn section, I got bored of it really quick. Maybe it's just me, or maybe it's the genre, but I believe the best songs almost always have some kind of emotive quality to it (my standard). Dave Weckl may think his songs are soaked in emotion, but it didn't translate. To me it sounded too studied, mechanical, lifeless. That's why I believe music is subjective. It's all about subjective standards.

As for studying music theory, personally, while I think it enhances technical skill, I believe it deters innovation. Most "studied" musicians get boxed in the established theories and others develop 'mannerisms' and could no longer regress into playing the simplest riffs, thinking there has to be this and that note, some ghost notes here and there, etc. (From the top of my head, Gavin Harrison of Porcupine Tree comes to mind). Music schools basically teach the same theories over and over to their students until something innovative comes up and becomes a new part of their curriculum. I believe Berklee tries really hard to bring in innovators into its pool of students (and teachers), but my guess is they're just getting students who just want to learn the 'established theories' while innovators often shy away from it.
welshsteve
Afaceinthematrix wrote:

The reason why you cannot believe that people put new Metallica on here is because you obviously don't like metal and so don't seem to care that they stopped making metal. Deicide? Are you shitting me? Even if you don't like death metal, you have to appreciate what they did for it during the 80s. The helped create and revolutionize an entire genre and did it pretty well for the most part. Some of their stuff isn't that great but some of it is the definition of death metal. Marilyn Manson? I'm not a huge fan but I wouldn't exactly call him bad. He definitely has talent and you're either into it or you're not. I don't like Slipknot either but I wouldn't call them bad. I've seen them and they have some real talent - it's just not for me. I think that their music is actually pretty good I am just not into a rap and metal mix. European metal bands from the 80s? That's just being closed minded as you're excluding an entire genre and geographical area. Do you realize that Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, etc. were all making music in the 80s? Do you realize that the 80s was when bands such as Bathory, Dark Tranquility, Angel Witch, Motorhead, etc. were all making albums back in the 80s? Just because you don't like metal doesn't mean that you have to say it's the worst ever - especially when there are bands around these days like the Jonas Brothers that actually lack any talent when these bands - rather you like them or not - have no talent. I actually wouldn't even call new Metallica terrible - I just don't like their music. Musically, most of it is good. They usually manage to play on time and in proper key and such. St. Anger just lacked all standards for production.

You've completely got me wrong here. I don't like metal? Totally wrong. It's my favourite genre. And I never said "new" Metallica, I just said I couldn't believe people listed Metallica in their WORST bands list. Metallica are my favourite band, with the 1980s Ride The Lightning, Master Of Puppets, ...And Justice For All era being my favourite stuff of theirs. But I still like the newer stuff, in particular Death Magnetic. And yes I am aware of Maiden and Sabbath etc back in the 1980s, I was, and still am a fan.

I have personally witnessed Corrosion of Conformity, Cry Of Love and Extreme live (supporting other bands I went to see), and I just do not like them.

At the end of the day, the poster of this question asked for people's OPINIONS, and it's my opinion that I put across in saying I do not like these bands. I couldn't put other bands in there that I have never heard. Even though the likelihood is I wouldn't like them, I can't pass judgement without hearing them.
sysna
I Hate :

1 - My Chemical Romance
2 - Fall Out Boys
3 - Metallica (from 2003 till now)
4 - Nickelback
5 - Foo Fighters
6 - Devil Wears Prada
7 - U2
8 - Green Day
9 - Marilyn Manson
10 - Limp Bizkit

and any other rock/metal band that doesn't know how to play guitar.

I Love :

1 - Trivium
2 - As I Lay Dying
3 - Metallica (before 2003)
4 - Iron Maden
5 - and some songs of Slayer
appsapps
I am not going to give you 10, but you can shove Anym3n on any of your lists, if you want.

I really don't want to have to look for 9 more as bad as that. Don't think my ears or brain could handle it.