FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Are you a cow, or a horse?

badai
I find this rather hilarious...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4623379/Hospitals-to-use-zoo-equipment-to-scan-fat-Brits.html

Quote:
Hospitals to use ZOO equipment to scan fat Brits, top docs say

THE NHS will soon have to scan people with ZOO equipment because normal machines are unable to deal with severely overweight Brits, top doctors predict.

Many hospitals have not invested in special "supersize" equipment suited to morbidly obese patients, surgeons say.

And probes by surgeons at the North Bristol NHS Trust have found only on in six hospitals had access to MRI or CAT scanners that can take patients weighing 35st.

And as an emergency measure they will need to rely on scanners usually operated by vets as the number of obese Brits booms.

Hospitals in America are already calling in favours from zoos to use their scanners.

In a report surgeon Sally Norton warned: "Failure to provide required imaging may lead to delay in diagnosis or inappropriate surgery and, occasionally, enquiries into the potential use of veterinary or zoological scanners, with resultant loss of dignity for the patient."

But Ms Norton warned that weight is not the only problem saying: "Abdominal girth may be too great for the aperture of the scanner."

Ms Norton said: "In the US, hospitals are ringing up zoos to ask, 'Can we use your scanner?' Our obesity problem is going the way of the US, so it could happen here too."

In January a medic claimed London hospitals were sending very fat patients for scans at London Zoo and The Royal Veterinary College, although both groups denied it.
standready
Neither! I am a cat! Just ask Dean. laugh
deanhills
standready wrote:
Neither! I am a cat! Just ask Dean. laugh
Right! Laughing

Here's an epic one from the Hijack Thread!

standready wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:
Nope, no attacking cats here.

Wrong!

Edit: Just came across this one at Imgur, completely by accident .... Twisted Evil

loveandormoney
If You see it out of view from psyho
then there are only horses and cows.
zaxacongrejo
it looks like Im a human, i kind a animal that walks in 2 feet and have cognitive though
playfungames
I am glad the normal machines will work for me.
loveandormoney
Are horses and cows also happy
when machines do their job?
IceCreamTruck
I'm getting a little horse! :-p *joke*
loveandormoney
Does a boy like a horse?
Does a girl like a cow?
ocalhoun
What's going on in this thread?

I don't even know.

But...

A- Horse, definitely.

B- Ha ha! Maybe if the fatties get offended enough by being scanned by a machine designed for cows, they'll actually do something about it and try to lose weight.