FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My Own Site (Finally Some Real Progress)

ChunkyBustout
Hello all,

I managed to get so far with my site that I actually put a prototype of it. None of the features like forum, guestbook, blog, links, etc, are working but should be up and running within a week or two. Thanks to all those who helped me out on this site!

It can be found at:

http://www.chunkybustout.com

I'm still putting it together but you guys could at least give me some feedback about the layout.

Thanks a lot!
SunburnedCactus
A very smooth design there!

The only problems I found were:

- The counter on the bottom was cut off and unreadable.
- The page took quite a while to load

Aside from that it looks great. Really pro!
Dragonfly
Nice concept but the content should be filled up soon. And also it may be better to put some text for those icons because icon alone isn't very userfriendly.
ChunkyBustout
Dragonfly wrote:
Nice concept but the content should be filled up soon. And also it may be better to put some text for those icons because icon alone isn't very userfriendly.

Text appears over what ever button your mouse hovers over. I thought that would be enough but consider adding text. Thanks for the suggestions!

SunburnedCactus wrote:
The only problems I found were:

- The counter on the bottom was cut off and unreadable.
- The page took quite a while to load

I know I have been working on the page loading. The counter displays fine with Firefox. Are you using IE?
SunburnedCactus
No I'm using FF 1.0.7.
Just checked and it does work just fine. Embarassed

Maybe I just imagined it...
Zaheer Khan
simple and nice site but one thing I am very conciuos about Text (Font Style) why you people always use big fonts? if you want to use big fonts then y dont you use some good font?
ChunkyBustout
Zaheer Khan wrote:
why you people always use big fonts?

Well, because it works for me and that is my choice. I put of lot of thought and time into choosing certain fonts and sizes and for now, these are the ones I'm going with.
aningbo
r u using java. thats wat my browser says... the scripts are really irritating. had to download plugins after plugins...

the design is cool though u can work out a little. make the buttons a little smaler and add some effects to it.
budazz
good design...but no the best Smile
sugarbox
They're cute buttons....only Rolling Eyes
ChunkyBustout
Thanks for all the feedback. Please keep in mind its going to be geared toward adults so I don't want it to be "kick-ass " or pretty. Just humorous and functional. (I'm not trying to win any awards) Cool
prillan
nice design, i like the buttons! Cool
ChunkyBustout
Take a look now to see how things are shaping up. I've gotten away from using a database for the most part and its looking better. It'll be even better within a week or two.

I know of the bugs with the gallery but it still works and I plan to fix ALL the bugs this weekend.

(Thanks, Prillian!)
Rolz
Nice site, ChunkyBustout! Very Happy

I really like the design, nice combination of colors. The navbar and that picture on the top is also nice! I like the live clock as well. Smile

Keep up the good work!
mele
I like it, nice going, very smooth design, very simple and easy to use, looks professinal. One suggestion tho, make your main page a little more appealing,...put some content in there rather then explanation of what each link is.....just a suggestion.
Jon82Brown
i like it the only thing is the test in the top right hand corner was black and the background was also black so i couldnt read it without first highlighting it
AG007
It is a nice web. Nice pictures. I like the buttons at the bottom. Smile
One more thing. The box with the date on top can barely be seen because the text is dark and the background is also dark. Needs fixing. Very Happy

Keep up the good work, I am working on a new website too. Smile
ChunkyBustout
Thanks for the feedback, folks! I have viewed my website on different computers and I haven't seen the problem about the text in the upper-right corner as being too dark. I have only viewed it with Firefox as well so that may be what's up.

After I finished the page, I validated the html code to make sure I got rid of errors and bad "habits". Now, the code is clean so I can only attribute the issue to IE (convenient scapegoat). More (interesting) content is coming soon.

Thanks again!