FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Make your own MMORPG !

Raijenki
To make this tuto, i am using a program called Playerworlds.

-Download it in www.playerworlds.com
-After it, extract, and open the server folder.
-Open The Motd.ini and change the things. E.g:
Change msg=hi
To
Msg=Welcome to MyGame (Change the “Welcome to mygame for anything)
For those who don’t now what it motd, it’s the welcome message of the game.

Now, open the file Classes.ini
You will see:

[INIT]
MaxClasses = 2

[CLASS0]
Name=Warrior
Sprite= 94
STR= 8
DEF= 6
SPEED= 11
MAGI= 0

[CLASS1]
Name=Mage
Sprite= 160
STR= 2
DEF= 5
SPEED= 30
MAGI= 28

[CLASS2]
Name=Cleric
Sprite= 95
STR= 7
DEF= 3
SPEED= 15
MAGI= 4

The Max Classes is the INITIALS Classes of the game, the player will only chose one of those three classes (Yes, it is three, you start from 0, if you want 4 classes to the player chose on game start, you put 3, it’s Total Classes Number – 1). You can do many classes and put a certain number to player chose, the another’s classes, the player will only take in game. That’s all you need to know about classes.ini, oh, and about the sprites, you open the sprites.bmp, and start counting the each line for one number, first line is 0, second line is 1 and etc, you need to configure the classes.ini to:

[INIT]
MaxClasses = 2

[CLASS0]
Name=Warrior
Sprite= 0
STR= 8
DEF= 6
SPEED= 11
MAGI= 0

[CLASS1]
Name=Mage
Sprite= 1
STR= 2
DEF= 5
SPEED= 30
MAGI= 28

[CLASS2]
Name=Cleric
Sprite= 2
STR= 7
DEF= 3
SPEED= 15
MAGI= 4

PS: You can change the things, attributes, names and etc.
After it, save and close the classes.ini

Now open the StartAreas.ini and change the right things after name=,map=, x= and y=
E.g:
[AREA0] --- First Option
Name=Inn --- Name of Place
Map=1 --- Map Of Place
X=7 – X
Y=8 – Y

PS: You can discover X and Y by typing /loc on the game.
After it, save and close the classes.ini

Now, go to scripts folder and open the main.as using the wordpad or similar, and look for:
Call SetServerName("Generic PW Server")

Change “Generic PW Server” for your game name e.g:
Call SetServerName("Raijenki Online")

Now look for:
Call SetMaxMaps(50)
50 will be the max number of maps that you game will have, you can change it for any number.

Look for:
Call SetMaxMaps(50)

50 will be the max player number playing in your game, change it for any number, e.g: 70
And finally look for:

Call SetMOTD("This is a sample MOTD")
Change the “This is a simple MOTD” to “WELCOME” or similar (Don’t take the “” out)
Salve and close the main.as.

Now go to client folder and open using the wordpad or similar the msg.pw, you change it, e.g:
You can change:
Message = Sorry, The server seems to be down. Please try again in a few minutes, or visit http://www.playerworlds.com .
To:
Message = Sorry, Our Server is down. Wait a few minutes and try again, or visit http://www.MYGAMEWEBSITE.com
You can change those things in the msg.pw

Ok, finally you done the configurations of PlayerWorlds, go to server folder and open the server.exe, and wait it load. Now go to http://www.whatismyip.com and take your IP number, after it, go to client folder and the client.exe (Or similar), and go to “Change IP”, then put your IP, and confirm it, create your account in “NEW” and Login, then create your character and login with that created char, after it, close the client and the server…
Now, let’s make your GM account !!!
Go to server/accounts folder, and look for the YOURACCOUTNAME.ini , then open it. Look for:
Access= 0
Change it to:
Access= 7
Save and close it. Done, you are a GM. Just open the server, and the client, then start map your game.

I will show a few commands of PlayerWorlds:

/mapeditor
The most important command on PW, with it, you can map the map (lol), and put the npcs and etc (Go to Propierties to set the maps configurations and Atributes to set maps special things, e.g: Block (The player isn’t pass on the block”)).

/loc
It shows X and Y

/editnpc
You can create NPCs with it.
/edititem
You can create Itens with it..

/editspell
You can create spells with it.

There are funs commands to:

/warpto X
X = Map number

/warptome PLAYERNAME
It warp a player to you (Change PLAYERNAME to the PLAYER NAME…. Lol)

/warpmeto PLAYERNAME
It warps you to a player (Change PLAYERNAME to the Player Name)

F1:
Admin Panel, it has all commands of PW.
Motif
^ Sounds good, im going to try it Smile
bkatz
Sounds really simple...I'll check it out. Laughing

EDIT: where do I download it? cant find it... Shocked
BulletProof
Raijenki wrote:
www.playerworlds.com

where do i download it? i cant find the link..and also, have u ever play www.outwar.com. can u make something like that with playerworlds?
Richous05
I want to make a football manager game Very Happy would this be any good for making one like www.sundayleague.com ?
dark_paladin
Sounds nice, but I have had enough of rpg... Wink
althalus
To be able to download you must signup. I recieved two coding errors when I tried it, but it still registered me and the download link appeared (among with many others) in the left bar.

EDIT: By the look of it, they stole many of the chars from a Final Fantasy game.. Laughing
And the world seems to be built the same way as RPGMaker2.
Eagle
This sounds pretty good
I think i going to give it a try
Guelila
This is how kings of chaos is based on right?
Kinda like this at least....
How long does it take to make a decent rpg with this program??
Is there a demo site that was made using this?
I wanna know more, this is interesting.
saturnfun
Everyone else says its simple. I had trouble following it!!! Aww. I will try and work it out Confused
tyxl
seems gr3at i'm gona try it
Xavier Chaos
I am so gonna give this a shot. I am usually weary with some mmorpgs due to either extreme chaos caused by MIA gms or lack of activity, but if you have control the problem is pretty much fixed lol.
Richous05
Humm i think ill give it a try to.
odinstag
Very interesting.

I love multiplayer stuff. I will check this out for sure.
anhstar
Hm! What about the graphics? is it good? Is it like RPGMaker ? Is it in 3d?
All the questions that I could of just get answer by going to the website itself, but Im too lazy, and I want my points so. LOL

Anyway, I'll definitivly have a look on this. Sound nice.
bkatz
anhstar wrote:
Hm! What about the graphics? is it good? Is it like RPGMaker ? Is it in 3d?
All the questions that I could of just get answer by going to the website itself, but Im too lazy, and I want my points so. LOL

Anyway, I'll definitivly have a look on this. Sound nice.

its not 3D, i wish it was. im working on my game now..but I wish the graphics were better Sad .

I wonder if there are some 3D game making programs like this
althalus
I got some "missing dll" errors when trying to run this. Shame, although I don't think I would've done much with it - I'm not that great at designing worlds. Razz

I sort of like the idea of a mmorpg with the old days rpg style, though. Would be cool indeed.

(Sidenote, isn't Ragnarok somethink like that?)
xorcist
When someone does it, can someone post a picture on here so I can see what it looks like. I cant find a picture on teh webstie that shows how it looks.
lockwolf
bkatz wrote:
I wonder if there are some 3D game making programs like this

There is a program called Realm Crafter http://www.realmcrafter.com/
Its not free though
Dj Close
Motif wrote:
^ Sounds good, im going to try it Smile
Scott
Things like this are definitley interesting, I checked out Playerworlds quite awhile ago. It was neat. But you can't really expect to make a successful game with it.

For anyone truly interested in making a successful MMORPG, learn some programming! It's tough but it will pay off, and you will be able to make a much more original game with it. If you arn't quite ready to learn to program, I highly recommend GameMaker (www.gamemaker.nl). It is a great wayto learn about how picky computers can be, how IF statements work, etc. Once you learn some basic algorithms for player movment and such through GameMaker, you just need to learn the syntax for it in a real programming language.
1day
althalus wrote:
I got some "missing dll" errors when trying to run this

Go to google.com and search for the file and d/l it Smile
Pikokola
nice Smile I like this one, Just becaus it's free Smile)

Time ro read the code and try to make a new one Smile)

By the way, I'm agree with Scott, something like this is good for a newbie and do this kind of job for fun (not for money) but, if you want to do this for money, do more and make a original one yourself Smile
Roxanna
whenever i try to test it out it keeps saying, sorry, server down. try again later.
Diablosblizz
Playerworlds, Elysium Source and others were all based on KonFuse. (I think I spelt it right) There are many different source products that you can download and make your own game out of. But, beware, if you do start off with a Source with nothing like Woodcutting, attacking, or others then you will most definitely need to know Visual Basic and understand the source.

It's not as easy as it seems.
erlendhg
It sound really cool, but unfortunately I'm not able to check it out.
Might be because I run Vista on this computer.
Seems like it is only xp that really is supported.
the_mailman
is that yours or how to make one? id like to play yours
enygmasoft
the_mailman wrote:
is that yours or how to make one? id like to play yours

It sounds like a good idea, to try yours out. Fun it sounds. Yoda speak anyone?
Pikokola
OMG a topic from 2005 and somebody bump it again....
I've try it 2 years ago, and just said "It's enough, My gear didn't support it" ( I use a lame pc at that time )

but now, I think I'll give it another shot, since many thing should be changed since then, and I've upgrade my pc many times since that time.