FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How big is your database?

truespeed
Most on here have websites and have software that requires a database,but how big is yours.

Mine at the moment is 280mb.
Josso
My biggest database is my forum that is about 35mb, although I think it would be smaller if it was BB2. Even with cache removals and whatnot it still seems to be about the same size.
deanhills
I don't have a database. Maybe one of these days when I'm inspired I'll try out a phpBB Forum for myself.
darthrevan
I hardly have any database space used since my site isn't really done, nor really started on. I am mainly enjoying posting here and keeping my hosting active in case I get inspired to do something with my site.
truespeed
A good idea for a contest would be guess the size of the frihost forum database,Bondings could give out a domain to the winner,the one nearest to the actual number.
deanhills
truespeed wrote:
A good idea for a contest would be guess the size of the frihost forum database,Bondings could give out a domain to the winner,the one nearest to the actual number.
SUPER idea! Cool
Josso
Well I tell you what I asked a few years back and he said around 200mb I think. Can't remember too well but it was basically a thread like this
deanhills
Josso wrote:
Well I tell you what I asked a few years back and he said around 200mb I think. Can't remember too well but it was basically a thread like this
Twisted Evil Darn. There goes Truespeed's great idea, although maybe one could get the competition to go for a more specific number.
truespeed
deanhills wrote:
Josso wrote:
Twisted Evil Darn. There goes Truespeed's great idea, although maybe one could get the competition to go for a more specific number.

He did say a few years back,it could of doubled in that time,I doubt anyone would get it bang on even with that information.
Josso
Ya very unlikely I would say it has easily doubled even still using BB2
deanhills
truespeed wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Josso wrote:

He did say a few years back,it could of doubled in that time,I doubt anyone would get it bang on even with that information.
OK. Looks as though we still have a great competition idea then. Twisted Evil
inuyasha
Just 100 megabytes or so, if you're not talking about the compressed backups~ Otherwise only 10 megabytes perhaps.
cybersa
Only 16KiB Laughing
grofet
one of my mysql database can be more than 1gb if i dont run the cron jobs for a long time.
RosenCruz
Mines are all small projects and around 7-8 MB
zaxacongrejo
Hi i never had one bigger them 2 mg lol but i never did a sales website or something like that ,phone books included
But once i helped a friend doing a backup to his database and that specific database at the time 5 years ago was already 1.2GB
But i believe some of that space is just trash maybe to some cases it could be good to use php myadmin to purge the database and save some space
Mr_Howl
Mine's only 20KB. I guess it's super-efficient. I also only run my heavier queries once every 4 hours. Razz

Really there's not too much in it, though, and I use flat files for some other storage.
Peterssidan
The size of all of my databases is 4.48 MB. It's mostly old stuff that I don't use any more so I could just as well delete most of it.
spinout
Mine is full of movies... one can be 1 gig, just one! So 500 gigs!
Cosmoslayer
Hmmm, I think my old blog reach about 20 mb but I'm not sure. Rolling Eyes