FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What you do to relax yourself?

subhan1
As for all those who works as freelancer, we all know that there are many braineating and zombie clients who starts sucking out your brain until you becomes depressed and mentally tired...same thing happens with me, as i'm a graphic designer, some of my clients are just more than what I can resist...as in graphic designing 'every pixel counts'...

What should I do to relax myself after all this depression - which literally makes me quite angry! ?
deanhills
Find something fun to do. Like a Forum you enjoy online that puts you in a good mood and channels your mind elsewhere. Or exercise. Or a physical activity away from the desk.
hw3patch
Dean said it well. Whatever you do in your free time- perhaps watching television, playing a computer game, visiting family, reading a book, listening to music, etc.- will reduce stress and be relaxing. Exercising is undeniably an excellent- and maybe the best- way to reduce stress.
cooky24
I am always to listen songs and watch tv to relax myself.
rjraaz
Try to find some online friend to chat and have fun with them. Try some online games that make you feel relaxed. Yes, definitely there are some exercises that you can try to make yourself relaxed.
D'Artagnan
i read... books....
inuyasha
Watch anime or movies! Very Happy And coding can be quite fun in some occasion.
zaxacongrejo
Once a moth I have a kind of mini holiday 48/60 hours I sleep for 24, 12 at time or by night.
During the day I use to walk and drive at the bush I love nature so I love to watch wild animals
And their behaves also at the bush there’s no human noise so in what concerns to my personal taste is the best place to relax
metalfreek
Here are few thing I do to relax myself
1. Go for a night out with friends.
2. Listen to music rock and metal mostly.
3. Go to youtube and watch funny videos. This is a great time pass as well.
4. Go for a trekking once a year for a week or two and come back home with rebooted brain. Very Happy
johannespilz
meditation or being social. change the environment. if u usually only work and go home afterwards, meet someone in the middle. dont do everything the same old same old. at least this works for me. a night out which could mean an hour less of sleep is always better and gives me more energy than going home having the same as usual
rjraaz
metalfreek wrote:
Here are few thing I do to relax myself
1. Go for a night out with friends.
2. Listen to music rock and metal mostly.
3. Go to youtube and watch funny videos. This is a great time pass as well.
4. Go for a trekking once a year for a week or two and come back home with rebooted brain. Very Happy

I think these are good things to follow. Laughing
Cosmoslayer
Play VIdeo Games, eat and sleep. LOL. Next year gotta start running for a change. XD
chatrack
Hi,

Listen to music, and sleep
mshafiq
when i have a time i like to play scorer and making software of different things
zaxacongrejo
Quote:
Play VIdeo Games, eat and sleep. LOL. Next year gotta start running for a change. XD

have you ever considered virtual worlds?
standready
You should do whatever makes you happy. My engineering customer can be very stressful to deal with - time constraints and project budget.
bluepig83
Three things come to mind:

1. Massage - a nice relaxing massage just melts away the tension and usually I doze off a little, so that little nap also helps recharge.

2. Computer games - I find playings games will take my mind off the real world problems...until you start playing way too long

3. Hitting the gym - whether basketball or weights or running, get those endorphins going, and at the same time, they serve as a good distraction b/c you do need to concentrate when you're exercising.
BadBBilly
My favourite relaxing method is hitting jumps on my dirtbike, the freedom of floating in the air busting out trix and hopefully landing without injuries..lol

Best method to break away from all the stress of the working week.
playfungames
Watching movies would be my suggestion. Also, watching funny sitcoms would help you a lot to take your mind off of those nasty customers. But do not get addicted to these sitcoms, you can waste days finishing all those episodes.
lvnvmatt
I like to kick back and watch a good movie or perhaps play some Halo Smile
rjraaz
lvnvmatt wrote:
I like to kick back and watch a good movie or perhaps play some Halo Smile

Halo Question , would you tell me more about it? It seems to be a interesting game to play.
Possum
I have a V and a small cake of Chocolate. Sit back and watch a recorded podcast.
codegeek
I play chess to relax. I just get on chesscube, find someone to play with and then for a few minutes, I can just forget all the worries of the real world and submerge myself into the world of tactics and strategy. I also like reading chess books or solving puzzles.
TheGremlyn
I like to listen to music. I find when I get some good game soundtrack music playing in my ear it kind of takes half my mind away from what's stressing me out. This worked very well when I was writing exams, even though you technically were not allowed to have mp3 players of iPods at your desk, but they never seemed to notice or care when I was in my tech program.

I also like to read a good book, something that takes me away the world I live in and transports me to another. This is why I like reading the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. I'm drawn into the personalities of the characters I encounter in each chapter and the world is so huge! I feel like I'm really there and travelling along side these people and I'm immediately drawn into the action. When the characters are happy, I'm happy, when they're sad I'm about the cry too! Oh, and when they're mad do I ever get mad... that might not be a good thing...
zimmer
subhan1 wrote:
As for all those who works as freelancer, we all know that there are many braineating and zombie clients who starts sucking out your brain until you becomes depressed and mentally tired...same thing happens with me, as i'm a graphic designer, some of my clients are just more than what I can resist...as in graphic designing 'every pixel counts'...

What should I do to relax myself after all this depression - which literally makes me quite angry! ?

i have seen advice that physical activity is a good one. Well, i agree. I can sense your feelings specially if you want to earn more or there are expenses you need to pay it is really a stress.

Again, physical exerciser is a good one or get out on computer or your emails for a while.
Nick2008
Physical activity has worked pretty well for relaxation because it forces me to forget about everything that's coming up in the next few days/weeks and just concentrate on doing my best at that moment.

Listening to music and watching some comic relief (funny videos/pranks) on youtube are also great stress-relievers!
HiraFahad
I was also suffering from this issue because i got so many projects from different clients and in result I started getting pressure from a few clients then i realized that I was not giving myself time to learn more. that is why i was unable to compete advance tricks. After realizing I minimized my work burden by winding up projects with some unbearable clients and I started giving priorities to learn new things. By doing this I got more expertise in my field - more expertise means less complains from clients. Now everything is fine Smile
friend2012
Nothing matches music for relaxing. Mostly listen to classical songs with not much of music.
Also little painting and photography helps refresh your soul.
appsapps
If you are having trouble figuring out what to do to relax, maybe it's because you are not ready to relax. Maybe you need to do something physically aggressive to get the pent up rage out.

While exercise is a great way to get it out, not all exercise is suitably aggressive. Most sports are, but you probably want things you can do by yourself, every day, rather than with a team, once a week.

Fortunately, some sports, or elements from them can be done alone and on any day of the week.

Bowling (imagine the ball is your client's head, as you throw it down the lane)
    Target practice (gun or bow & arrow)
    Baseball batting cages (whack!)
    Go to the gym, put on some boxing gloves, and beat the mess out of a body bag
    Tennis or racquetball

When you are done, you'll feel much more calm and relaxed, and then you can get down to the business of relaxing. And I am sure you'll have much less trouble figuring out what you'd enjoy doing. Wink
rogue_skydragon
you should check out ASMR videos on YouTube...they are quite relaxing
Insanity
Play some games -- that always helps me. Or sit by a fireplace with a cup of tea and a nice book. That works too.
ZeytinGrafik
t-shirt designer here. I play games to relax myself mostly or read or even write little programs (java mostly/space invaders like things) that makes my mind work in a different way, so that when i get back to work i can start refreshed.
DonRolf
Most of the time I just play videogames or resort to studying, which can be pretty fun from time to time as well. I also like to go to the city to window-shop or something, just impulsively going anywhere with music pouding through my earbuds. Maybe get myself a drink at the local cafe. It's different for everyone, though Sad
jordivh
I play around on the computer and discover things etc.
mengshi200
One of my relaxing way is playing game,especially topic of war. Laughing
hatori
1. Think about person that important to you (your love ... for sample Smile)
2. Listening to music
3. Ice cream Smile
pravojednostavno
musik and soccer
chartcentral
Pray. Listen to music. Sing. Some of the things I do to make myself relaxed. Smile
mshafiq
I love to play with my kids.
BigGeek
When I am at work stuck behind the screen for extended amounts of time I make a point of getting up every hour or so and doing a full body stretch head to toe, and a few yoga postures that help me relax, typically I take a walk first thing in the morning, one at lunch and one after work along with a good hour long exercise routine 3 days a week. Helps off set the drudgery and drained feeling from being stuck in front of a terminal for days on end.

Reading things for fun, playing video games, these are good too to get your mind off of the work, but they are more of the same in terms of sitting and doing something, and the best way to offset the mental fatigue is to do something physical like stretching and walking.

You could always drink whiskey and beer to relax, but you might not be very productive after a few Very Happy
naranjoa
Go out and meet other people or find a part time job that lets you deal with customers.
Meeting people lets you forget a**holes and brings you opportunities Smile
mshafiq
Take rest and read world news
mshafiq
Take rest and read world news
supermanlovejan
Playing game,music. .........reading.....travel. ...
SlashnburnSoftwareStudio
Learn a language a computer or spoken language, your mind will be learning and clear to take you away from your main thoughts.

A hobby may switch you off for a while but you might find yourself still thinking about the primary stuff through the hobby if its not 100% engaging

Chasing goals which are unachievable leads to misery, short goals lots of little rewards

i might even take these tips myself Rolling Eyes
ElSouq
I go to the local duck park and sit in the grass to relax. A vacation from technology is always a good thing. I bring munchies and a book and escape reality for a while!
Oleksandr_Koryttsev
Playing game,music
mshafiq
I relax my self by sleeping. When i found good time i like to sleep.
tanita_9
subhan1 wrote:

After having an intense workday, running or active exercise really helps to ease the tension.

If you cannot leave your office, I would recommend listening to relaxation music on youtube while working. It makes a difference.

Something that helps me as well is to watch some episodes of my favorite sitcoms and laugh hard.

when i work from home, it helps me to take short breaks and complete some easy housekeeping tasks and check them on my to do list haha
loveandormoney
Give a party

laughing with friends
eating the best food

and so on

better than to watch a wall.
jestoy0514
Have you tried watching South Korean Drama for a change. I do experience the same things with my job as warehouse in-charge. They were asking different reports everyday and sometimes some of the report coming from the ERP software were not the report you need to submit and instead I need to use programming to gets the job done. But after a long day of work al I need is a little dosage of South Korean Drama and I am good.
deanhills
jestoy0514 wrote:
Have you tried watching South Korean Drama for a change. I do experience the same things with my job as warehouse in-charge. They were asking different reports everyday and sometimes some of the report coming from the ERP software were not the report you need to submit and instead I need to use programming to gets the job done. But after a long day of work al I need is a little dosage of South Korean Drama and I am good.
Works for me too. I'm more into Turkish drama, without understanding a single word of it. I've been doing it for years, so much so that when the upheaval off late happened in Turkey, it made complete sense to me. I didn't realize how much of society as well as the history of the political development of Turkey I had been absorbing over the last 10 years of watching the Turkish dramas that have been dubbed into Arabic. Yet I can't speak a single word of either Arabic or Turkish. Razz
standready
compose lyrics and music. Listen to others play.
loveandormoney
And play with others.
Give a concer.
4 guitars are a fine csny copy.