FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The return of Soundgarden

microkosm
I don't know if there any fans of grunge rock or heavy metal (in the vein of Led Zeppelin or Black Sabbath) here, but Soundgarden is poised to release their first new album in 16 years on Tuesday in the US. Honestly, I was a kid when they last released an album in 1996. I have progressively become a bigger and bigger fan after listening to Chris Cornell's solo work in the last few years. There are some tracks already released on youtube, and I love the new sound.

Some fans are already complaining that it doesn't sound like their older material. I don't understand how you can expect a band consisting of human beings not to change or "evolve" considering people get older, have kids, etc that changes them. The fundamental sound is still there and that's what matters to me.

For those interested: Soundgarden - Non-State Actor (Official Audio)
Blummer
Always enjoyed them, one of those bands defining 90s for me. And it's not only Black hole sun which I like. Smile I can also mention Audioslave, but anyway - love projects by Cornell.
standready
Chris dropped studio work for this album in my box mid-summer. Disappointed a couple songs did not make the album. Next one!