FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Free dns hosting (good one)

honken
Hey.

Been trying to find a good DNS hosting..
Its basiclly only for my new .asia domain, that i want to point XM and CNAME records to my google mail account. so its nothing fancy that is needed.

Anyone have any good tip for me?
Or if someone is kind enough to put the domain on their 2 primary&slave that would be awsome Smile
RosenCruz
Hurricane Electric DNS.

Except Wilcard domain support, it has everything you need. and I guess you do not need wildcard Wink

Code:
https://dns.he.net/
darthrevan
Have you tried freedns.afraid.org though with them people can create domains from your domain.
RosenCruz
And we need a visual tutorial from you, Honken. on DNS usage and set up. It would be perfect for newbies like me Cool
honken
Thanks both of you.

And to the question about a visual dns setup, you mean from one of these sites dns.he.net and freedns.afraid.org?
Or do you mean a BIND dns config file?

Since bind is going to be hard, since i dont have access to one to make sure it works. but a webbased one i could do.

/H Smile
RosenCruz
honken wrote:
Thanks both of you.

And to the question about a visual dns setup, you mean from one of these sites dns.he.net and freedns.afraid.org?
Or do you mean a BIND dns config file?

Since bind is going to be hard, since i dont have access to one to make sure it works. but a webbased one i could do.

/H Smile

A web based free DNS service set up tutorial would be awesome. Step by step including pictures Wink
cybersa
Can anyone please explain about Free DNS hosting means?
honken
RosenCruz: deal, when i set it up i can fix a small tutorial about it, and perhaps explain what its for and so on.

cybersa wrote:

cybersa: for me "free dns hosting" means, that someone is willing free of charge let me use their DNS servers (a primary and a secondary dns).
And will either have a webbased administration for the domain i want to use. Or let me supply a hostfile that has all of my configuration put into already.
There are many types of DNS interpretations, but for me its all kinds of setting like MX-records,CNAME-records, TTL (not that much priority on TTL, but could be nice to set to), TXT etc..

Since eg, crazydomains.com.au only lets you set A-records (pointing a host eg sub.domain.com to an IP address). And i want to set MX,CNAME TXT-records (and if possible sometimes TTL to) .
This due to the fact for my setup i only for now is linking my domain to my Google Apps account, and to verify the domain i need MX and TXT (not needed if you have a website, but like me i dont so i use TXT to show my authentication code), but for webmail login i need at least 1 CNAME-record in place to.
cybersa
honken wrote:
RosenCruz: deal, when i set it up i can fix a small tutorial about it, and perhaps explain what its for and so on.

cybersa wrote:

cybersa: for me "free dns hosting" means, that someone is willing free of charge let me use their DNS servers (a primary and a secondary dns).
And will either have a webbased administration for the domain i want to use. Or let me supply a hostfile that has all of my configuration put into already.
There are many types of DNS interpretations, but for me its all kinds of setting like MX-records,CNAME-records, TTL (not that much priority on TTL, but could be nice to set to), TXT etc..

Since eg, crazydomains.com.au only lets you set A-records (pointing a host eg sub.domain.com to an IP address). And i want to set MX,CNAME TXT-records (and if possible sometimes TTL to) .
This due to the fact for my setup i only for now is linking my domain to my Google Apps account, and to verify the domain i need MX and TXT (not needed if you have a website, but like me i dont so i use TXT to show my authentication code), but for webmail login i need at least 1 CNAME-record in place to.

Thanks for your information.
RosenCruz
@honken, you good with VPS management ? Rolling Eyes
honken
RosenCruz wrote:

Hey.

Well cant say i ever needed to contact a support for the VPS hosting companies i used over the years, and then i had done backups, restore and stuff like that.

What are you looking for?
RosenCruz
honken wrote:
RosenCruz wrote:

Hey.

Well cant say i ever needed to contact a support for the VPS hosting companies i used over the years, and then i had done backups, restore and stuff like that.

What are you looking for?

Most VPS panels lets me install my selected OS without any hassle.

I can also install some management control panels such as virtualmin or Kloxo.

I might need some help with resource optimization, VPS security hardening and DNS management. I m not professionally hosting any money making stuff or so on my VPS'es. But I might do in the near future. Can I contact you if I need help/advice/etc?
honken
Sure thing.

Been a while since i played, but its easy to get in to the game again Smile

Just ask what you need to know and i will do my best to answer and give your guidance/help along your way Smile
RosenCruz
honken wrote:
Sure thing.

Been a while since i played, but its easy to get in to the game again Smile

Just ask what you need to know and i will do my best to answer and give your guidance/help along your way Smile

Thanks man. I ll contact you soon with a brand new toy, very soon :9
darthrevan
@honken: Have you got your DNS hosting like you wanted? I hope you got what you were seeking.
honken
darthrevan wrote:
@honken: Have you got your DNS hosting like you wanted? I hope you got what you were seeking.

yepp, but i dont like their webinterface. and its in danish Smile
will change, but to tired right now, will fix this weekend

gratisdns.dk
RosenCruz
Honken, you here ?

I ve got a new toy for you to play with as "root".

Razz
honken
hey, im ok.
just tired, had to join on a adventure this weekend.
my friends girlfriends father suffered a intracranial hemorrhage, so had to help him drive to the hospital in Chiang Rai.

10hours 1000km, and then i booked a place on a bus and went home, so have had about 10hours of sleep these 2 last days Sad

Ok, what kind of thing to play with? Smile