FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How do you make tomato sauce?

lovescience
Do you make tomato sauce at home?

For vitamin, tomato sauce has A and C.
badai
lovescience wrote:
Do you make tomato sauce at home?

For vitamin, tomato sauce has A and C.

http://bit.ly/RRT9E0
deanhills
I like raw tomato "sauce". Easily done in a food processor with blending fresh tomatoes, garlic, onion, peppers (to taste), with plenty of ground black pepper, some sea salt. Or with capers and fresh oregano leaves. And a drizzle of olive oil if desired.

Great with pasta.
mshafiq
just boil fresh tomatoes in water then when they are cool blend it in blender and put in again sauce pan and put seasoning and suger.let it cook and test it,if you feel it is ok then remove it from heat.your tomato sauce is ready
lovescience
Thanks guys. I love tomato sauce.
buytwit
Long-simmered tomato sauce is delicious any time of year. Extended cooking thickens the sauce as the water cooks off; and long simmering melds flavors together. Any other vegetables you add to the sauce will become richer and sweeter the longer they cook.
When fresh tomatoes are out of season, it's perfectly fine to use canned tomatoes.
During the summer, turn a bumper crop of ripe tomatoes into a long-simmered tomato sauce.
deanhills
This winter I'm "addicted" to tomato soup. It's from an organic brand - Imagine. It is pure tomato without thickeners in it. Maybe some seasoning. I add some raw grated ginger to it and it's ready to within a minute. Before my main mean.

I also like tomato puree with burger. Make it into a tomato mince stew. Must be something in the tomatoes I'm craving. Very Happy
twotrophy
deanhills wrote:
I like raw tomato "sauce". Easily done in a food processor with blending fresh tomatoes, garlic, onion, peppers (to taste), with plenty of ground black pepper, some sea salt. Or with capers and fresh oregano leaves. And a drizzle of olive oil if desired.

Great with pasta.

Thank you for sharing how to make natural tomato sauce. Having homemade tomato sauce is a more delicious and healthier alternative to artificial tomato sauce. But how long will it take Deanhills? Can you use a cooking pot for this?
mshafiq
i like to make tomato sause at home.
just boil tomatoes in water.then grind in blender.after that put in sause pan and cook in again and put spices ands suger,and cook untill it become little thick.