FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

can i use an exisnting domian name with frihost

zaxacongrejo
hi i would like to know if i can use a free domain with frihost
by free domain i meant

co.cc
co.nr
cz.cc
net.tf
eu.tf
us.tf
int.tf
ca.tf
de.tf
at.tf
ch.tf
edu.tf
ru.tf
pl.tf
cs.tf
bg.tf
sg.tf

etc they are thousands by now can we use them in our frihost website? witch one do you recomend?
Qantas94Heavy
zaxacongrejo wrote:
by free domain i meant

co.cc
co.nr
cz.cc
net.tf
eu.tf
us.tf
int.tf
ca.tf
de.tf
at.tf
ch.tf
edu.tf
ru.tf
pl.tf
cs.tf
bg.tf
sg.tf

etc they are thousands by now can we use them in our frihost website? witch one do you recomend?

You are definitely allowed to use a subdomain provided by websites such as the above. I wouldn't recommend any however, as you don't own the domain at all. This means that they can take it away at any time if your website gets popular, not enough people or for any other reason that they can make up. Frihost already provides you a subdomain to work with for free, and also if you are really that desperate you can buy your own domain very cheaply, some as low at US$2-3 per year.
RosenCruz
I recommend .tk. Top Level and free.
cybersa
RosenCruz wrote:
I recommend .tk. Top Level and free.

In My Opinion:
Both .tk and co.cc are good top level free domain.
But .tk is better than co.cc
If your website have good SEO content(backlinks,onpage etc...) means you can easily add it to SEO.
So you need to make your website good.
zaxacongrejo
.tk confirmation codes dosent work
i tryed a lot of wrokarrounds but it dosent work at all, even with different accounts
RosenCruz
zaxacongrejo wrote:
.tk confirmation codes dosent work
i tryed a lot of wrokarrounds but it dosent work at all, even with different accounts

Try the English version of Dot.TK

I had the same problem with localised version. Switched to English and confirmation code arrived Wink
k_s_baskar
.tk top level domain is best in my opinion. But you need to maintain some unique visits to hold your domain. Read Terms and conditions carefuly before you order for .tk top level domains.
stagga
I have used tk and co.cc... both are good
zaxacongrejo
co.c as gone cant find them anymnore
twotrophy
The bad thing about free. tk domains is that you cannot have your own website logo. Instead, DotTK which is the company that provides these domains would have a logo on that domain. These logos would make your site look unprofessional. However, if your using these domains only for a personal web blog or re-direct, then they are good options.
deanhills
twotrophy wrote:
The bad thing about free. tk domains is that you cannot have your own website logo. Instead, DotTK which is the company that provides these domains would have a logo on that domain. These logos would make your site look unprofessional. However, if your using these domains only for a personal web blog or re-direct, then they are good options.
Are you sure you're not confusing .tk domains with something else? I don't have a .tk logo on my .tk domains and I'm sure if I wanted to put a logo in my .tk Website, there won't be any problem. I haven't found anything bad about .tk yet, although I have heard one has to be careful with checking the status of renewal frequently, otherwise one could loose the domain.
sysna
.co.cc and .cz.cc is blocked by ESET smart security and antivirus but .tk is not good also because they can get your domain by any time they want.
andro_king
zaxacongrejo wrote:
by free domain i meant

co.cc
co.nr
cz.cc
net.tf
eu.tf
us.tf
int.tf
ca.tf
de.tf
at.tf
ch.tf
edu.tf
ru.tf
pl.tf
cs.tf
bg.tf
sg.tf

Yes you can use any of them.
But its no garuntee that they will remain yours forever.If anyone makes an offer for domains like .tk through godaddy of any other recognised registars your domain name is at risk !
So its better to register an tld from any of the top domain registars by payment. If you can wait for the domain name then you can use the frihost coins to get your domian registered.
If you are in hurry ,you can register it for less than $3/yr through godaddy.
Free domains are safe until they get popular.
Why don't you instead try a subdomain from frihost which is available for every valid user.
All the best with you website.
zaxacongrejo
hi andro_king thanks and your right but is nothing serious i am using cc.cz by uni.me honestly it seems quiet abandoned but i works loll