FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Keyword research tutorial

microkosm
I'm wondering if anyone is willing to share or link to methods for researching niches for potential websites/blogs. What I am looking is a step-by-step guide to choosing a niche based on freely available software/tools such as Google Adwords Tool. I am not interested in Market Ninja, etc.

Also, how do you guys assess competition for a given keyword? The Google adwords tool as I understand it, does not provide information on whether a keyword has a lot of competition due to use from other blogs/websites but rather how much advertisers are willing to pay for it.
Yesceeohhh
Keyword research is the first and most important aspect in SEO. Google adwords gives the approximate search statistics and you should consider "Exact" match count.

Google instant search suggestions also take into consideration

Google related searches also gives you some suggestions.

Use some good website analysis tool and check for what keywords your competitor is ranking for.
dolfinchris
I must recommend Google adword keyword research tool to choose best keywords having less competition and more searching.
mustatab
The best tool for keyword tool is google adwords tool. But it does not give you value for competition so you have to look it in some paid softwares and keyword elite is really good one.
tamilparks
can any one tell how can we use the google adwords tool?
cps31
Besides all of these keyword research tools you can use the addons as well names Keywords Everywhere, its really good.