FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Battlefield 1942 for FREE

KaczuH
I've just read that EA is celebrating 10th anniversary of Battlefield and decided to give first part of game completely for free. Download is available with Origin and it will be this way until march of 2013.
Here is link:
http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-1942
See you in battle!
honken
weird..

the link the "Free download" referes to is http://www.origin.com/demos <-- then its just a demo yes?

Or did i look at the wrong link?

Anyway, sounds to good to be true for me.
KaczuH
It's placed in category Demo but its full version
RosenCruz
Thanks. I guess I can give this oldie a try.
zimmer
KaczuH wrote:
I've just read that EA is celebrating 10th anniversary of Battlefield and decided to give first part of game completely for free. Download is available with Origin and it will be this way until march of 2013.
Here is link:
http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-1942
See you in battle!

nice.. i should try this
wombatrpgs
KaczuH wrote:
It's placed in category Demo but its full version

Ha, because they're not used to just giving games away.
RosenCruz
Origin is Steam of EA ?????? Hmm I never had an account over there
testsoc
Do yourselves a favour and grab the Forgotten Hope mod for this. Adds realism and a fair bit of additional content and maps. Then check out the tournaments at Forgotten Honor or World at War.
RosenCruz
Are there people still playing this online ? I do not wanna download to see empty servers Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
catscratches
I can confirm there are still people playing, though I don't find it very fun. The vehicles aren't very fun to control and if you're not in a vehicle, you're screwed.
william
By the way, for those of you who didn't have an Origin account before this, be sure to sign up for their mailing list. They often give out coupons, and one recent coupon was superb: $20 off any game purchase. This effectively meant you could get one of several games for free or something like Mass Effect 3 for only $10. It's a little bit of spam, but it's often worth it.
jkaushalya
Battlefield™ is celebrating its 10th Anniversary. Now available on Origin as a digital download for the first time, experience Battlefield 1942™, the game that started it all.
Original game description:
Relive the greatest war in history in Battlefield 1942. Experience the heat of battle as you heroically storm the beaches of Normandy, drive a tank across the deserts of northern Africa or pilot a fighter plane during the Battle of Midway. Choose your weapon and then jump into an all-out, raging firefight. From bazookas to battleships, a massive arsenal is at your command. Prepare to face the enemy in the air, in the deep and on the battlefield!
Game features:
Fight on to victory: Experience all-out combat in all four theaters: South Pacific, North Africa, Eastern and Western Europe.
Duke it out in huge online skirmishes: Go to war online with up to 64 players in one explosive online battle.
Turn the tide with grit and gunpowder: Take control of 35 machines of war. You'll pick up the sidearm of your choice and get behind the wheel of a variety of vehicles, ships, and aircraft to go to war on land, sea, and air during some of the most famous and pivotal battles of the Second World War.