FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Firefox Addons Used

darthrevan
Which Firefox Addons do you use, and why. Currently I just installed Adblock Edge, seems it MIGHT be better than Adblock, also going to try out Twitbin for using Twitter in Firefox. I also use Lastpass as my Password Manager. Suppose to not store your credentials on their server but on your PC. Lastpass is the only one that has made me feel safe enough to store and create passwords in it.
rx9876
-- Bandwidth Saving --
ImgLikeOpera

-- Performance --
Cache Status
MemChaser

-- Convenience--
FirGestures
Calculator
Multifox

-- Work --
Firebug
Tamper Data
Greasemonkey
Josso
At the moment.,.. Adblock, web dev, greasemonkey, noscript, downloadthemall, browser backgrounds, chatzilla, flagfox, reloadevery, user agent switcher.

I switch around quite a lot though, usually to replace things that effectively do the same thing
zimmer
i got firebug, alexa traffic, WOT, google plus manager, skype on my Mozilla firefox browsers.
manfer
Though in last versions of firefox they have introduced many developer tools just inside the browser I still can't live without firebug.

And on actual internet it is imposible to surf the web without and ad blocker. Ad block plus is good.
darthrevan
Josso wrote:
At the moment.,.. Adblock, web dev, greasemonkey, noscript, downloadthemall, browser backgrounds, chatzilla, flagfox, reloadevery, user agent switcher.

I switch around quite a lot though, usually to replace things that effectively do the same thing

That reminds me I also use downthemall. I don't use any other addon for the purpose of downloading
Possum
Chazilla...

Buttom for Amazon

Collusion

ColoaZilla

Download Helper

Flashblock

Grab And Drag

Laspass

Search Status

XMarks

Firebug

Gmail Manager

WebDeveloper

Some are disabled.. But I have used them all
lingku
when i install the firefox, i'll add Adblock first~
D'Artagnan
firebug only, i don't use firefox to surf the web anymore
cybersa
Only one:
IDM
Josso
darthrevan wrote:
Josso wrote:

That reminds me I also use downthemall. I don't use any other addon for the purpose of downloading

Great addon although sometimes I have to copy URLs into a text file when it doesn't detect them in a selection. Capping the DLs is the most useful feature for me, so you can just let stuff burn in the background whilst streaming or whatever.
darthrevan
Josso wrote:
darthrevan wrote:
Josso wrote:

Great addon although sometimes I have to copy URLs into a text file when it doesn't detect them in a selection. Capping the DLs is the most useful feature for me, so you can just let stuff burn in the background whilst streaming or whatever.

You can also combine mirrors for the same download though usually I get be results for it. the md5sums don't match and the downloaded file gets corrupted
webdeveloper
Firebug is ultimate tool.Other tools which i love is Web Developer, CSS Usage and HTML Validator
jajarvin
I use firebug. It is easy to use and it help me in designing my web pages.
Peterssidan
NoScript - to block flash, scripts and ads so that I can have 50 tabs open without problem.
Greasemonkey - to make it easier to spot frihost spam.
Firebug - mostly to remove ads from live streamed sport.
Download Statusbar - to avoid a new window opening when downloading something.
Element Properties - to get back the Properties menu item that was removed.
oldbar - to make the address bar look like the nice old one.
bennybumkins
I have always used Firfox but have never used any addons however this appeals to me:

Firebug - mostly to remove ads from live streamed sport.

I watch a lot of live streamed sport how does it work??
Peterssidan
@bennybumkins
I mean the kind of live streaming that is often poor and they don't really have the right to show. Sometimes they place an ad on top of the flash player so you can't see the whole picture. The ad is often placed inside a div tag so using Firebug you can remove that div tag to get rid of the ad. This is not perfect because if you refresh the page the ad will reappear.
bennybumkins
Yes that is what i am interesting in and i always find they have annoying add's so this plugin would provide a good fix. Thanks
iliyasshaikh
google page speed

firebug

smart vidio for youtube

fastestfox

speedfox
Gregoric
First and most important - AdBlock Plus. This addon is reason for which I switched from Google Chrome to Mozilla Firefox when AdBlock for Chrome wasn't working very well yet. That is always the very first addon I install into the browser and when I see that some of my friends uses Firefox and doesn't have this addon installed - I do it immediately for him Smile.

Download Statusbar - very nice solution to show downloading status in the main browser window. Shows progress of downloading every file in separate bottom bar.

Google Shortcuts - pretty useful addon that has all the most popular Google Application shortcuts in it.

SmoothWheel - makes scrolling with mouse look better, screen moves a bit slower so that it helps user read things more conveniently.

Tab Mix Plus - addon that modifies behaviour of tabs in the browser including toolbars and menus attached to the tabs.

SPDY indicator - just little addon (not very useful) that shows when browser is using SPDY protocol (generally saying, SPDY is something like HTTP but works faster).

Firebug - useful for web-developers.

Measure It - virtual line allowing to measure elements on the screen in pixels.

Rainbow - useful for web developers; shows detailed information about selected pixel's color.

Facebook Toolbar Button - just a simple shortcut that can be put onto toolbar
dude_xyx
I use nearly 10 Firefox browser plugins.

1) Download Helper ( Youtube downloads )
2) FireBug
3) FirePicker (color picking plugin)
4) gTranslate
5) noDoFollow
6) SENseo
7) Youtube to MP3
Cool Rank Checker

There are some nice plugins I haven't used but what worries me is all these plugins might slow the browsing speed.