FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Awstats Language

RosenCruz
Is there anyway to change it? Why am I seeing it in Turkish ? Because I m from Turkey ? Well I do not want to see the stats in Turkish because the UTF-8 support does not exist and all I get is weird characters?

ýs there any way to change the language of that ? Rolling Eyes
SonLight
I found this page ( http://wiki.mediatemple.net/w/(dv):Change_AWStats_default_language ), which says there is a config file. If you are looking at awstats info for your own site, changing the language parameter from "auto" to whatever will probably solve the problem, but will force that specific choice on anyone else you let see the awstats page.

Since most awstats installations probably use "auto" for the language, changing the default language in your browser, should allow _most_ awstats pages, whether on your site or another, to display in the language you want, without changing anything on the site. Unfortunately it appears you can't select a language in site preferences, so you might need to change it to see awstats and then change back for normal use.
RosenCruz
SonLight wrote:
I found this page ( http://wiki.mediatemple.net/w/(dv):Change_AWStats_default_language ), which says there is a config file. If you are looking at awstats info for your own site, changing the language parameter from "auto" to whatever will probably solve the problem, but will force that specific choice on anyone else you let see the awstats page.

Since most awstats installations probably use "auto" for the language, changing the default language in your browser, should allow _most_ awstats pages, whether on your site or another, to display in the language you want, without changing anything on the site. Unfortunately it appears you can't select a language in site preferences, so you might need to change it to see awstats and then change back for normal use.

Thanks for the help.

I ve managed to find the file. But I m not sure if we are allowed to edit it. My FTP software fails. It is a .conf and may be controlled bu sys admin only. I do not know.

Thanks for the help though. Really appreciated Wink
Bondings
It seems Awstats uses the language setting of your browser to determine the language to use. Hence I would suggest to (temporarily) set it to English.
RosenCruz
Something seems to be wrong here. I ve used foreign paid hosts before and that page was English.

But anyways. On a free service, one should not complain that much for a minor issue. Thanks for the help anyways guys. Wink
Bondings
Maybe the Turkish language was added recently in an update or it is a different version?
RosenCruz
Bondings wrote:
Maybe the Turkish language was added recently in an update or it is a different version?

Yes that is possible. I will use Google Analytics too see and record stats. Seems to be the only solution for me other than changing browser language, which I could never find. Chrome seems to like Turkish too Smile
SonLight
RosenCruz wrote:
Bondings wrote:

Yes that is possible. I will use Google Analytics too see and record stats. Seems to be the only solution for me other than changing browser language, which I could never find. Chrome seems to like Turkish too Smile

I should have listed the browser language change first, since it is much simpler. Here are some instructions for three common browsers:

Opera:
Menu -> Tools -> Preferences
(may have to show menu bar first, or use alt-T to pull up tools menu, or just use ctrl-F12 to bring up preferences)
The General tab (normally comes up first by default) has Languages at the bottom. You can try setting that to one of the flavors of English directly, or use the advanced feature to set one or more preferred languages.

Firefox:
Edit -> Preferences -> Content -> Languages
You can add languages here, then move the one you want to be default to the top.

Chrome (actually I have Chromium, but it should be the same):
<wrench icon> -> Settings -> Show advanced settings -> Languages
Similar, but I'm not sure how you set default here

Note: I can't actually try out your case, so your mileage may vary.
RosenCruz
SonLight wrote:
RosenCruz wrote:
Bondings wrote:

I should have listed the browser language change first, since it is much simpler. Here are some instructions for three common browsers:

Opera:
Menu -> Tools -> Preferences
(may have to show menu bar first, or use alt-T to pull up tools menu, or just use ctrl-F12 to bring up preferences)
The General tab (normally comes up first by default) has Languages at the bottom. You can try setting that to one of the flavors of English directly, or use the advanced feature to set one or more preferred languages.

Firefox:
Edit -> Preferences -> Content -> Languages
You can add languages here, then move the one you want to be default to the top.

Chrome (actually I have Chromium, but it should be the same):
<wrench icon> -> Settings -> Show advanced settings -> Languages
Similar, but I'm not sure how you set default here

Note: I can't actually try out your case, so your mileage may vary.

Thanks for the detailed help Wink