FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Obama supporters make threats

darthrevan
Has anybody heard/read the news about Obama supporters will create riots and/or assassinate Romney?
http://mhconstitution.com/2012/10/16/obama-supporters-threaten-riots-romney-assassination-if-obama-not-re-elected/

The idea is crazy! So what is your thoughts, will these Obama lovers do it, even though Obama is not a good President?
deanhills
I'm very mistrusting of things like these and wouldn't be surprised if they were Romney supporters trying to make Obama look bad.
darthrevan
Eh I dunno about that I think it is Obama fanatics. I think they want to scare Romney supporters from voting for Romney.
deanhills
darthrevan wrote:
Eh I dunno about that I think it is Obama fanatics. I think they want to scare Romney supporters from voting for Romney.
Never realized that there were fanatics in Obama's fan club that would go to that length. Would be interesting if this should explode during election day. Would at least make election day eventful. Twisted Evil
ocalhoun
Is it just me...
Or could the US maybe actually benefit from a few good riots?

When the whole political system is flawed, what else is there to do but go to the streets and throw a few molotovs?
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
Is it just me...

When the whole political system is flawed, what else is there to do but go to the streets and throw a few molotovs?
True. And I don't think it's just you. I've heard this elsewhere in Forums as well. Isn't that how it usually is done in the US too? People can be pushed just so far before they tend to revolt. The Boston Tea Party being a good example.
RosenCruz
This has no place in democracy. Just wrong I hope that news is a lie
darthrevan
I would really hoped it would be somebody else instead of Romney for the Republicans. Maybe even more of a chance for a different party Confused Now it is like either vote the same person back in that is bad IMO or one just about like him.
ocalhoun
RosenCruz wrote:
This has no place in democracy.

When the government does not represent the people, the people have a right -- and a duty! -- to remove it.
When the democratic process no longer functions, more drastic steps must be taken to do so.
Mr_Howl
ocalhoun wrote:
Is it just me...

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
-Thomas Jefferson

Not saying we need to get violent, but at least more vocal.

Also, it saddened me to see how ridiculed OWS became in the mainstream. But that was probably the idea--make protesters and would-be protesters feel hopeless.
deanhills
Mr_Howl wrote:

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
-Thomas Jefferson

Not saying we need to get violent, but at least more vocal.
I like that quote Mr_Howl. Right on. Those golden oldie guys of the constitution new their stuff. Smile