FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Internship

lovescience
Did you do an internship?

How did you find your first internship?
Mr_Howl
I found my first internship to be excellent. It was my first "real" job, and it was nice to finally have some money. Smile
standready
Never did an internship. Was hired by a company before I had even finished my first year of school. They helped pay for the rest of the schooling.
inuyasha
standready wrote:
Never did an internship. Was hired by a company before I had even finished my first year of school. They helped pay for the rest of the schooling.

Wow... Sounds really cool. So did your job have any conflicts in time with your courses? Must be a busy life! But it's cool indeed~
ninacax
Unpaid internship is not great, but there's many internship that YOU have to pay to work. That's just ridiculous. But sometimes you really need the experience and you end up doing it.
Not sure if it's legal though.
ninacax
Unpaid internship is not great, but there's many internship that YOU have to pay to work. That's just ridiculous. But sometimes you really need the experience and you end up doing it.
Not sure if it's legal though.
distrowarvor
I did an internship in Ireland last year and I almost hated it. I found it in the old report of students at university. But there was an exploitation of intern and our job was not intersting at all. So good luck pour your research ! It's still a good experience to have Wink
raaeft1
I did my internship for six months in a newspaper office in 1982. Thereafter, I was regularized and given regular appointment as well as promotion.
mukesh
I did my internship for 6 months in a software development company in last year 2012 six months more worked in same company on .net. Now this time try to find a good company.
c'tair
I found my internship through ads online, worked there for 3 months and got promoted to full time. Best job in life so far, no dress code and free beer Very Happy
Nyasro
searching for internship. haven't found yet being BE in Civil
crazyfffan
Some companies offer internship as a condition for their scholarship.
So keep an eye on your school's scholarship notice board. Who knows, you might get some extra money and an internship, best of both world combined.
authorforte
I did a project instead - built a website. Probably should have done an internship.
biolu
I have done a couple of internships when I was student. I found one by the contacts, but most of them I just found them on the internet or during company/student meetings.
I think these are great opportunities to learn new knowledge, apply the one you already have and create your first professionnal network!
Insanity
You can find internships by asking your professors -- some of them might find a use for students in their labs to help them with some of the more basic tasks. They could also refer you to other professors who might need help if they don't themselves. They can also provide references for companies they might be familiar with.

Internships are really helpful because they provide a way for you to earn some experience without having a huge base of experience. Ideally, they would want people with more experience, but most companies are perfectly happy with students with zero to little experience.