FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

El Maquinista a.k.a. The Machinist

Tepelstreeltje
Who has seen this movie? I just saw this amazing movie! What a winner...

My rating: 9/10...it's simply one of the best movies I've seen for a long time. It reminded me of Memento with all it's mystery...

It's about this dude, Trevor Reznik played by Christian Bale, and he has some serious insomnia problems. He hasn't slept in a whole year and he is VERY VERY thin and his life is a one BIG confusion. He works in heavy industry and he is suffering from all this "no-sleep" thing and he is losing his touch with reality. Then strange things start to become part of his life and he tries to find out what is going on.

The movie was great. Brad Anderson did a very good job directing the film, he managed to create the right atmosphere for the movie and I will definitely watch what Brad does in the future.

What blow ed me the most about this movie though, is Christians'performance, it blew me away. I always thought he was an OK actor, but he just moved to my top 10 list. I sincerely hope he gets the chance to work on material that permits him to expand himself as an actor, just like he did for this movie.

Everybody else did well. Jennifer Jason Leigh was great as the prostitute Stevie and John Sharian was incredible as Ivan. Aitana Sánchez-Gijón and Michael Ironside played their parts without making mistakes.

The plot was also good though I had it figured out before in parts. I knew Ivan was Trevor's creation but beside from that I knew nothing about it.

The best part about the movie was how well it was written. Scott Kosar (the writer) did a fantastic job and he deserves a big praise and it will be very interesting to see his next project(the remake of the movie "the crazies", also includes director Brad Anderson)
mr.e
I liked the movie the machinist alot. I've watched it a few times. I heard the main actor went on the diet of only a can of tuna and an apple a day to play the role.