FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Personal statistics

Should we have a personal posting statistics?
Yes
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
No
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

darthrevan
I am suggesting that we add a feature that we can view personal posting statistics for everyday of atleast the current month, if not just our own statistics. I personally am curious how many posts I do in a day of every month or so.
RosenCruz
I m not sure if phpBB2 has that feature. But that would be fine. Or that could be implemented by a mod, probably Wink
deanhills
Great idea! Peterssidan coded something to show his stats a while ago. Can't remember where or when I saw it, but it was pretty awesome. Am totally salivating for what he did. Very Happy

OK, it turned out quite easy to find it with the search tool .... Razz
http://www.frihost.com/users/Peterssidan/blog/vp-132170.html#1065896
darthrevan
@deanhills Not sure how this member was about to do his. Though I personally want to know mine Smile So hopefully this feature would be possible.
deanhills
darthrevan wrote:
@deanhills Not sure how this member was about to do his. Though I personally want to know mine Smile So hopefully this feature would be possible.
I did understand what you meant, just used an example of what would be neat to have. Maybe the code could be adapted for Frihost.
darthrevan
Yeah there should be a mod available or could be wrote by somebody to make it possible
Peterssidan
deanhills wrote:
Great idea! Peterssidan coded something to show his stats a while ago. Can't remember where or when I saw it, but it was pretty awesome. Am totally salivating for what he did. Very Happy

I didn't actually code anything. I collect the information myself and use OpenOffice to draw the charts.

I did make a suggestion similar to this one a year ago.
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-131513.html
I talked about creating a program that automatically collects the data, but it never happened.
darthrevan
I would hope this gets implemented. I wouldn't want to do like you,figure out my own.
deanhills
Peterssidan wrote:
deanhills wrote:

I didn't actually code anything. I collect the information myself and use OpenOffice to draw the charts.

I did make a suggestion similar to this one a year ago.
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-131513.html
I talked about creating a program that automatically collects the data, but it never happened.
Thanks Peterssidan. Forgotten about the suggestion and it's a really great one.
darthrevan
I figured this idea might trigger more people to vote for this suggestion, or atleast comment on it.
RosenCruz
For me, it is not essential. I like to browse these forums quickly and simply
darthrevan
RosenCruz wrote:
For me, it is not essential. I like to browse these forums quickly and simply

May be so, but I would like to know myself and sure others would to. It is nice to see the amount of posts made during the month, but I would like to know how many I contributed to it as well.
RosenCruz
May be converting to a modern forum software can solve some problems. But we have to carry the points and other stuff too Rolling Eyes
SonLight
@Peterssidan, I see how you pulled up the page, but I don't know for sure what the start parameter looks like. To get a nice plot automatically will take a bit of work (and quite a load on the forum server, too, if we use it a lot and do no caching). I think it might be reasonable to set up a script to make two requests to the server to get the post count from a set start and end time, scrape the page for the post counts since each time, and report the difference.

To code the script and test it on your computer I don't see as a problem. We had better check with Bondings before we make it generally available though. If we go further and build a plot interface, we must insure we can limit the load on the server by caching and time-limiting requests.
darthrevan
Yeah maybe a script that would run only so many times or so. I dunno.
RosenCruz
I still insist on a modern forum software. This old heavily modded phpBB2 is really awesome, but I believe it is lacking some features Wink