FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Happy Halloween

johans
Guys,

Happy Halloween. Trick or treat?

Twisted Evil

Halloween Little Information:
Halloween is a time of celebration and superstition. It is thought to have originated with the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain, when people would light bonfires and wear costumes to ward off roaming ghosts. In the eighth century, Pope Gregory III designated November 1 as a time to honor all saints and martyrs; the holiday, All Saints’ Day, incorporated some of the traditions of Samhain. The evening before was known as All Hallows’ Eve and later Halloween. Over time, Halloween evolved into a secular, community-based event characterized by child-friendly activities such as trick-or-treating. In a number of countries around the world, as the days grow shorter and the nights get colder, people continue to usher in the winter season with gatherings, costumes and sweet treats.

Have a good day to all!
deanhills
Right. I received an invitation to participate on Wednesday. They're going to make it quite BIG in the compound I'm living in.
Cosmoslayer
Happy Halloween guys! I hope I have a lot of treats and no tricks! LOL
Josso
In the UK it's often just used as an excuse to cause actual terror on the streets.
deanhills
Josso wrote:
In the UK it's often just used as an excuse to cause actual terror on the streets.
Like the ones they had last year? Twisted Evil
chartcentral
Just a trivia, the letters in HAPPY HALLOWEEN could be rearranged to read A HAPPY NEW HELLO! Smile #anagram
deanhills
chartcentral wrote:
Just a trivia, the letters in HAPPY HALLOWEEN could be rearranged to read A HAPPY NEW HELLO! Smile #anagram
Sounds good to me.

Maybe we should have our own Halloween at Frihost. We could borrow Bondings' mascot Evil Daddy for a Master of Ceremonies ...

Muahahaha ....... Twisted Evil
darthrevan
I use to have a little fun on Halloween when I was a teenager and younger, but no longer do I care much for it. Also if you want to say anything about History, this is more of a religion aspect of it. I know Wiccans believe it is time to commute with the dead. They say that some kind of layer that separates the living and dead is thinner during Halloween and makes it easier to communicate with.
deanhills
I've never seen it religious, more like a great excuse for fun and making lots of money. Very Happy
grofet
no one celebrating halloween here. i dont want to be a seitan, devil, ghost or something like that.
zimmer
Happy Halloween ...

Have a good day to everyone here! Twisted Evil
cybersa
Happy Halloween.

Can anyone explain about Halloween?
What is trick and treat?
standready
Josso wrote:

That is terrible.

deanhills wrote:
more like a great excuse for fun and making lots of money. Very Happy

Especially here in the US. More money spent than for Christmas.

I had a whopping total of 5 'trick or treaters'. Evil or Very Mad
darthrevan
I had none, though I am glad because I didn't buy any candy. We just took our daughter trick or treating at churches instead of houses. Seems to be safer anyway.