FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

XGI Volari V8 Graphic Card, 256MB DDR2, AGP8x.

What Do You Think?
It's Amazing
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Good One
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
So So...
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
Peewww ! What a mess
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

XeRo
Hello Fellaz I just want to know what do you think about this grafic card Wink
gonzo
wait, this one?
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=13188

XeRo
Nope, thats the V8 Duo... I just want to know about the V8 One. Very Happy
XeRo
This is the card....

Very Diferent from the one you told. Very Happy
Boles Roor
Maybe if you'd show us some info about it, reviews, benchmarks? Never heared of it, so I can't judge it right now. :/
XeRo
But I want to know from someone that already got one.
XeRo
By the way where did you buy that monster (That pc with that specs) ?...
Donutey
it had good potential but its two years old, and even when it came out it had LOTS of driver problems i.e. the hardware is there, but software isnt't simply because xgi hasn't been producing top of the line cards (they have since stopped again) i wouldn't buy this card unless you have a very specific reason...
XeRo
But you can read now that they (XGI) have new drivers and they have compatibility with BF2 and other games.
Boles Roor
XeRo wrote:

I built it myself. Took some time to save up for.

If you're American http://www.newegg.com is a very reliable and usually one of the cheapest.

I wouldn't know anyone with an XGI Volari V8 but here's an article.
http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=1611&page=1

Google search:
http://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&q=XGI+Volari+V8&btnG=Google+zoeken&meta=

Though, what I saw from that article I'd buy an nVidia or an ATi graphics card.
RA
Nobody has even heard of this card - funny. Since the video CPU is not ATI/NVidia or Intel/VIA/SiS, I would be very worried about what kind of drivers come with the card.
XeRo
Boles Roor wrote:
XeRo wrote:

I built it myself. Took some time to save up for.

If you're American http://www.newegg.com is a very reliable and usually one of the cheapest.

How Much It Costs?
Boles Roor
My rig? It cost me 2100 euro's. That's about $2500 I believe.
XeRo
Holy God... no coments Very Happy
Donutey
XeRo wrote:
But you can read now that they (XGI) have new drivers and they have compatibility with BF2 and other games.

yea, but its still two years old... and kinda of expensive comparably to ati and nvidia cards (at least on ebay)
XeRo
I decided to buy this one, "POWERCOLOR R43CA-GD3D Radeon X800GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16"

Specs

GPU Radeon X800GT
Core clock 475MHz
PixelPipelines 8
Memory Clock 980MHz
Memory Size 256MB
Memory Interface 256-bit
Memory Type GDDR3
DirectX DirectX 9
OpenGL OpenGL 2.0
Interface PCI Express x16
DVI 2
TV-Out S-Video/Composite Out
RAMDAC 400 MHz
Max Resolution 2048x1536@85Hz

It's ok for the price ^_^U $165.00
Donutey
XeRo wrote:
I decided to buy this one, "POWERCOLOR R43CA-GD3D Radeon X800GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16"

It's ok for the price ^_^U $165.00

not to be a spoilsport, but you did check that your motherboard supports PCIExpress right? because the previous card you showed was AGP, AGP and PCIExpress are only BOTH supported on something like three motherboards, most it's either PCIExpress OR AGP.
XeRo
Well, I had thought to buy a whole new computer then i just changed the entire specs of my pc and now all except for the AMD Athlon 64 3700+ is different. Wink

The comment of a guy made me change my opinion about AGP Video cards, they are quite old, and now I bought an MSI K8N Neo4-F Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX with a POWERCOLOR R43CA-GD3D Radeon X800GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express video card and a AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor as the base of my pc.
Boles Roor
Maybe you should go with a brand other then Powercolor. It's a bit unknown, BFG, Saphire or Asus are usually very good brands, and usually get more juice out of the card.
XeRo
Its an ATI GPU, I know the powercolor brand Very Happy
bananaphone
Its ok - the dual fan one is much better though.
XeRo
what?, dual fan ? what r u talking about?... you really are in the middle of nowhere, jejeje... naaa, just kidding, now we r talking about the Powercolor ATI X800GT, the one with the two fans is the Volari V8 Wink
dcshoes23
XeRo wrote:
Well, I had thought to buy a whole new computer then i just changed the entire specs of my pc and now all except for the AMD Athlon 64 3700+ is different. Wink

The comment of a guy made me change my opinion about AGP Video cards, they are quite old, and now I bought an MSI K8N Neo4-F Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX with a POWERCOLOR R43CA-GD3D Radeon X800GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express video card and a AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor as the base of my pc.

good choice, i think that best way to go is with ATI or nVidia because that's what like 99.9% of gamers use and that's what the developers make their games for. you never see a little movie when loading a game that says: "XGI... the way its meant to be." or "XGI optimized" or some crap like that, it usually has nvidia or ATI logos because they are pretty much the only two u need to know.

p.s. i just got the A64 3700+ too and i love it, it's just amazing!

Thanks,
dcshoes23