FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Another Suggestion about competition





likeabreeze
what comes into your mind when it comes to competitions held in Frihost Forum?
essay competition?picture creating competition?or photography competition?
mmmm...these competitions are short-term(look, there are currently no competition at all)...
How about Posting Competition?
Well, it is more an award than a competition.
In NBA, we have MVP, Sixth Man of the Year Award,Rookie of the Year Award,Most Improved Player Award...
so, here, In Frihost, how about setting up awards like Highest-quality post of the Year/Month Award, Most Active Member of the Year/Month Award, Most Replied Post of the Year/Month Award, to name a few.
these competitions are long-term..and are an even greater incentive for users to post..
darthrevan
likeabreeze wrote:
what comes into your mind when it comes to competitions held in Frihost Forum?
essay competition?picture creating competition?or photography competition?
mmmm...these competitions are short-term(look, there are currently no competition at all)...
How about Posting Competition?
Well, it is more an award than a competition.
In NBA, we have MVP, Sixth Man of the Year Award,Rookie of the Year Award,Most Improved Player Award...
so, here, In Frihost, how about setting up awards like Highest-quality post of the Year/Month Award, Most Active Member of the Year/Month Award, Most Replied Post of the Year/Month Award, to name a few.
these competitions are long-term..and are an even greater incentive for users to post..


This I think would work out good on; better than a one time incentive. I vote yes for this:-)
deanhills
AHA .... now you're talking likeabreeze. I've just thought of an idea myself. A competition for the most practical, easy to install, easy to implement suggestion for filtering spam. There have been so many of those, it's almost a natural competition to have.
likeabreeze
deanhills wrote:
AHA .... now you're talking likeabreeze. I've just thought of an idea myself. A competition for the most practical, easy to install, easy to implement suggestion for filtering spam. There have been so many of those, it's almost a natural competition to have.

That's creative!
but, the moderators are going to be busy confirming spam reports from users.
deanhills
likeabreeze wrote:
deanhills wrote:
AHA .... now you're talking likeabreeze. I've just thought of an idea myself. A competition for the most practical, easy to install, easy to implement suggestion for filtering spam. There have been so many of those, it's almost a natural competition to have.

That's creative!
but, the moderators are going to be busy confirming spam reports from users.
Haha .... Laughing Seriously though, it's just a competition about ideas, not actual spamming.
Ankhanu
I can only imagine the time requirement for these sorts of ongoing awards... While I really like the idea of "best post", "most replied", etc., they're too broad to be readily judged, or have no ready way of determining a winner, other than a heavy time and work commitment on behalf of the judge(s). While great award ideas, I don't think they're practical. The advantage of the short-term contests is that they have clearly defined time limits and contribution criteria in which posts can be judged; they're limited in scope, which makes them functional. The long-term contests, while a neat idea, are much more difficult to manage.

Most active member of the X award is pretty easy to determine, however, and has already been determined for the recent past (past couple years) and for the likely future: Dean wins all the awards! Smile

Dean, your spam control competition sounds like a good one... but isn't it already in place?? If there's a really practical, easy to install, easy to implement spam control suggestion, isn't the award having it implemented? Sometimes the competition is implied rather than explicit. Just a thought Wink
william
Somewhat unrelated, but what happened to Fornightly Fantastic Frihoster? I thought that was an excellent award since it targetted new users and encouraged quality posting. The prize at the time was, I believe, 250 Frih$, so that might need updating. Last I heard, a script for it was being worked on, but that was around late 2006.
Josso
william wrote:
Somewhat unrelated, but what happened to Fornightly Fantastic Frihoster? I thought that was an excellent award since it targetted new users and encouraged quality posting. The prize at the time was, I believe, 250 Frih$, so that might need updating. Last I heard, a script for it was being worked on, but that was around late 2006.


Yeah something like this would be good

Some good ideas in this thread I think some of them would be good incentives and easy to implement
ocalhoun
william wrote:
Somewhat unrelated, but what happened to Fornightly Fantastic Frihoster? I thought that was an excellent award since it targetted new users and encouraged quality posting. The prize at the time was, I believe, 250 Frih$, so that might need updating. Last I heard, a script for it was being worked on, but that was around late 2006.

^.^ Yep. I remember that.
Only two or three people won, if I remember right, then it was forgotten.
Related topics
Another suggestion
A tribute to 9/11 Victims..
Suggestion: disable google indexing on Forum
PhpBB Mods
I have a problem....Mozilla Firefox
The banner
Another suggestion to fix session errors
Suggestion :giggles:
Windows Vista
Free php Editor
Another Suggestion
checkout my Pics
Wich the best soccer player of the world today?
I have Another Suggestion...
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> Suggestions

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.