FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Teching creativity

badai
Is it possible to teach someone to be creative?

When I was student, I remember if you want to take courses that don't require creativity like engineering, you just need to have good result, but for other courses that require creativity like architecture, they need to sit for aptitude test to see if they got what it takes to take the courses. If you lack creativity, then you have to apply for another course.
standready
badai wrote:

Yes! In engineering school, if they did not push you to be creative then you were at the wrong school. Good engineers are always looking for ways to make things better, faster and less expensive to produce or even just fix a problem.
badai
standready wrote:
badai wrote:

Yes! In engineering school, if they did not push you to be creative then you were at the wrong school. Good engineers are always looking for ways to make things better, faster and less expensive to produce or even just fix a problem.

can you be more specific about what the creative skill in which engineering field.

the creative skill set that i was refereed to, to enroll in architecture course, the candidate will be test on drawing skill, sense of proportion, aesthetic "skill", etc, that is you already born with these set of skills.

it's like some one manage to train you to be a composer, while everybody else only manage to learn to be a musician.

so are these skills can actually be learn (provided they enroll in engineering course), or it can only be learn at your place (provided they enroll in engineering course), or you are those magically being that can be train to have these skills (provided you enroll in engineering course), or you actually can train people (provided they enroll in engineering course) or you are talking about something that is totally different?

please, enlighten us.