FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Increase Diskspace

Do you need some more diskspace?
Yes
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
No
66%
 66%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 9

cybersa
I knew this suggestion or idea was already posted here.
But i started this thread to know how many members need diskspace.

I need some diskspace for my account.
I think many of you need some diskspace.
Don't forgot to vote the poll.

My Idea:
Able to increase his/her diskspace by paying Frih$ or Coin.
Limit upto 5GB.
darthrevan
I don't need anymore space either. I would need more sql space if it wasn't unlimited. Assuming that I get enough content on my site. I don't usually use much space for my site.
cybersa
I have started a online android kitchen on my website.
So User can build there own rom on my website.
My custom base rom takes up around 600MB.
While creating roms,for each user it takes up 400MB.so if more number of user was creating mean it will display a error message.
ocalhoun
cybersa wrote:
While creating roms,for each user it takes up 400MB.so if more number of user was creating mean it will display a error message.

The simple answer... if you need that massive amount of hosting, you need a paid host.
Even with 5Gb, you'd still only have room for 11 users before it would be full again.
(5000Mb (available) - 600Mb (base rom) = 4,400Mb (remaining);
4,400Mb (remaining)/400Mb (per user) = 11 (users))

I've dealt with several who offer unlimited space for very reasonable amounts. (I pay less than $5/mo for space for mine, which allows me to not worry about allowing unlimited attachments.)
RosenCruz
I m using like 10 mb's or sth. I do not need more space
truespeed
The amount of space given away by frihost is more than enough for most peoples needs and like ocalhoun said if you really need more than paid hosting is required.
deanhills
I personally don't need a lot of space, I'm more than OK with what I have, however I agree with Ocalhoun and Truespeed. It's more or less common practice too, one starts with free hosting, and then when it takes off, one gets a paid host. Or use the free hosting to practice with.
cybersa
ocalhoun wrote:
cybersa wrote:

The simple answer... if you need that massive amount of hosting, you need a paid host.
Even with 5Gb, you'd still only have room for 11 users before it would be full again.
(5000Mb (available) - 600Mb (base rom) = 4,400Mb (remaining);
4,400Mb (remaining)/400Mb (per user) = 11 (users))

I've dealt with several who offer unlimited space for very reasonable amounts. (I pay less than $5/mo for space for mine, which allows me to not worry about allowing unlimited attachments.)

I agree with you.

Then i need to create a script to allow only 4 users to use that kitchen.
If more than 4 user means error message should be displayed.
Anybody have idea to create a script for above problem?
PM me pls.
Bondings
@cybersa, there are a lot of big paid hosts that offer so-called unlimited hosting in both disk space and bandwidth. (An example is Dreamhost, but that can be pretty expensive unless you pay for several years in advance (Edit, it seems they have a single month-rate now).)

The problem is usually that the unlimited has a lot of fair usage strings attached that make it pretty much impossible to actually use any decent amount of resources. They usually have limits on the number of files you can have and/or on file size. Then the type of website is considered (no image/video host, proxy, not for your backups ...). I think the only things that might fit these restrictions are actually Linux distributions and similar things like Android roms - of course if they are below the maximum file size and even then they can kick you out anyway.

About the disk space, I prefer to have a single disk space limit for everyone on the same server (way easier for administration) and will increase the limit somewhere this month. However not to 5GB unfortunately.
cybersa
Bondings wrote:
@cybersa, there are a lot of big paid hosts that offer so-called unlimited hosting in both disk space and bandwidth. (An example is Dreamhost, but that can be pretty expensive unless you pay for several years in advance (Edit, it seems they have a single month-rate now).)

The problem is usually that the unlimited has a lot of fair usage strings attached that make it pretty much impossible to actually use any decent amount of resources. They usually have limits on the number of files you can have and/or on file size. Then the type of website is considered (no image/video host, proxy, not for your backups ...). I think the only things that might fit these restrictions are actually Linux distributions and similar things like Android roms - of course if they are below the maximum file size and even then they can kick you out anyway.

About the disk space, I prefer to have a single disk space limit for everyone on the same server (way easier for administration) and will increase the limit somewhere this month. However not to 5GB unfortunately.

Ok.
I accept you.
Thanks for your beautiful service. Smile
RosenCruz
For me reliability is more important than more diskspace. Frihost is around for years, I m here since 2005 and this is the biggest deal for me . Wink
cybersa
RosenCruz wrote:
For me reliability is more important than more diskspace. Frihost is around for years, I m here since 2005 and this is the biggest deal for me . Wink

Yeah i know that.
Really one of the trusted host around there.
LxGoodies
cybersa wrote:
I knew this suggestion or idea was already posted here.
But i started this thread to know how many members need diskspace.

I need some diskspace for my account.
I think many of you need some diskspace.
Don't forgot to vote the poll.

My Idea:
Able to increase his/her diskspace by paying Frih$ or Coin.
Limit upto 5GB.

Yes I agree.. haven't used much until now, but I could use more to do more..

Smile Lx
Peterssidan
RosenCruz wrote:

I agree with this. When I signed up the space was 250 MB which is more than enough for me. I get a little worried when I see the space and bandwidth limits increase. I hope that if Frihost ever gets into economic problems and can't afford such high limits that they lower the limits instead of just shutting down.