FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

REIGN SUPREME :)

busman
Insanely amazing death metal I'm in love with it check it out- Only audio pretty much but it's damn well worth it if you like the really brutal stuff Very Happy Twisted Evil
Afaceinthematrix
It's a decent song although my main complaint is the constant tempo changes and the awkward drumming that those constant tempo changes bring. Although quite a lot of death metal is like that. Deicide does it as well. As far as death metal goes, I listen to Amon Amarth on a daily basis because Amon Amarth is the greatest death metal band of all time in my opinion. I also listen to quite a bit of Vader, Arch Enemy, and Hypocrisy.

I don't listen to much Dying Fetus because I find it to be that they're good on a song by song basis. Some of their songs I like and many I don't. With Amon Amarth, I live every song that they have ever made. I also haven't gotten used to their vocalist and so I cannot understand him. I don't understand most death metal vocalists at first but after a while I usually have no problem understanding them. It just takes getting used to... Mind if I post some death metal that I like?

Amon Amarth - Twilight of the Thundergod (official video from official channel)

Hypocrisy - Eraser (official video from their official channel)

Vader - The Art of War (official video from their official channel)

Arch Enemy - The Day You Died (live video... So epic... Every time that I hear that solo my head flies off and hits the wall)
busman
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
It's a decent song although my main complaint is the constant tempo changes and the awkward drumming that those constant tempo changes bring

See thats the thing I love about the Fetus lol. That's exactly what I love about Behemoth, Cannibal Corpse and DF and bands like Fleshgod Apocalypse 'n Nile (Their new cd is kinda wierd though, MAJOR change in the vocal arangements). Btw I absolutely love Amon Amarth and Vader but I wouldn't exactly throw them in the same class of technicality (Vader's guitars are not usually played as technical as their drums) of the bands I listed.

All the videos you posted have more of a standard 4/4 metal chug to 'em and while I LOVE that (Slayer comes to mind) I also love when it's super brutal into some crazy technicality then bringin it back to the brutal 4/4.

Nice post with the Vader btw, Hate, Behemoth and Vader are truely greats of european metal to me. And I already knew two of the songs and I did watch all of em lol SO YOU BETTER WATCH MINE Twisted Evil lol

Absolutely amazing in my opinion.

The Corpse never fails to deliver lol.

just Very Happy
Afaceinthematrix
Fleshgod Apocalypse has some good stuff but my main complaint with that song is the obnoxiously annoying clean vocalist in the background. First off, I cannot stand it when bands mix clean vocals and harsh vocals together (with a few exceptions - such as Epica). Choose one! The issue is that the styles are so different that it's hard to write music to accommodate two completely different styles of music. Plus, that guy has an awful voice. The song would have been much better without the clean vocals in the background.

Cannibal Corpse is pretty good. I don't rank them as high up in death metal as other bands but I do respect them as pioneers in the genre. They are definitely brutal and their album art is always nice to look at. That's definitely one of their better songs. I actually saw Cannibal Corpse back in 2009 with Behemoth, Slayer, and Marilyn Manson.

Nile has some good stuff but I don't like all of it. I'd rank that song as average.

On a side note, if you love the technicality of music then listen to more thrash. I listen to far more thrash than death metal. When I listen to death metal it's usually Arch Enemy and Amon Amarth (the greatest death metal band ever). I listen to a lot of Slayer, Skeletonwitch, Havok, and Warbringer. Havok and Skeletonwitch are playing a show next week but I, unfortunately, cannot make it. You also mentioned Vader and Hate. I've seen Vader once (they played with Immolation) and Hate multiple times (the most recent time they were opening for Mayhem). I think that I also have a Hate guitar pick in my metal memorabilia collection.
busman
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
Fleshgod Apocalypse has some good stuff but my main complaint with that song is the obnoxiously annoying clean vocalist in the background. First off, I cannot stand it when bands mix clean vocals and harsh vocals together (with a few exceptions - such as Epica). Choose one! The issue is that the styles are so different that it's hard to write music to accommodate two completely different styles of music. Plus, that guy has an awful voice. The song would have been much better without the clean vocals in the background.

Cannibal Corpse is pretty good. I don't rank them as high up in death metal as other bands but I do respect them as pioneers in the genre. They are definitely brutal and their album art is always nice to look at. That's definitely one of their better songs. I actually saw Cannibal Corpse back in 2009 with Behemoth, Slayer, and Marilyn Manson.

Nile has some good stuff but I don't like all of it. I'd rank that song as average.

On a side note, if you love the technicality of music then listen to more thrash. I listen to far more thrash than death metal. When I listen to death metal it's usually Arch Enemy and Amon Amarth (the greatest death metal band ever). I listen to a lot of Slayer, Skeletonwitch, Havok, and Warbringer. Havok and Skeletonwitch are playing a show next week but I, unfortunately, cannot make it. You also mentioned Vader and Hate. I've seen Vader once (they played with Immolation) and Hate multiple times (the most recent time they were opening for Mayhem). I think that I also have a Hate guitar pick in my metal memorabilia collection.

I like the clean vocals because of how ridiculous they are haha. Gives me a lil chuckle during the middle of the brutality.

Ya love me some good ol CC lol. Remind me of Slayer on crack hahaha. Always consistent and although a similar sound never sold out and never got any less technical or weaker.

Your point about the technicality is weird becuase Death evolved directly from Thrash and stepped it up even more on the speed and odd time structures. Anyways, you wante me to listen to MORE Thrash? Lol. Then that would be all I ever listen too guy. Overkill, Exodus, Slayer, Testament, Sacrifice, Kreator, Old Metallica etc. etc.. Ya know you are talking to a deeply full-fledged metalhead right? lol Smile . I love all the way from Sabbath, Rainbow, Deep Purple to Nile, CC etc. Love it all Very Happy