FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ubuntu 12.10

darthrevan
Ubuntu 12.10 has now been official released as stable for everyday use. Download the 32-Bit Desktop version here or the amd64 Desktop version here. If you already have an older version of Ubuntu installed, then you can simply run:
Code:
update-manager -d
to upgrade to the latest version.

The desktop appearance hasn't really changed, but with the latest version when you use the "Dash" to search it also includes searches related from Amazon as well.

At the time of this post, Lubuntu hasn't shown the newest version yet but, here is the torrent file for the amd64 version: Lubuntu amd64 torrent and for the i386 torrent: Lubuntu 12.10 i386

It appears that Xubuntu has the latest version listed on their site Xubuntu Website

Are you looking forward to this update or just simply 'meh'?
sysna
Good news but i'm afraid to update from my current 12.04 to this one because i have very bad memories of upgrading ubuntu which caused in many cases a complete mess for me and in the end i always had to fresh install ubuntu. so maybe i will stick to ubuntu 12.04 for some time as there is only some small differences between these two releases and waiting for next major release.
darthrevan
sysna wrote:
Good news but i'm afraid to update from my current 12.04 to this one because i have very bad memories of upgrading ubuntu which caused in many cases a complete mess for me and in the end i always had to fresh install ubuntu. so maybe i will stick to ubuntu 12.04 for some time as there is only some small differences between these two releases and waiting for next major release.

I installed lubuntu and I dont really see much difference in the release but their might be very few noticeable changes in the Ubuntu version. Mainly I guess the changes are newer apps.
blueray
I have downloaded its desktop version (cd-version) for testing.
However, I am not able to find the DVD-version on the offical web site.
i can't use the update manage due to limited connection currently I have.

I hope at some day the DVD-veriosn will offically released at the web site.