FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

One foot walking

Peterssidan
You stand on one leg and walk with the foot by rotating around the front of the foot and the heel. Try to not jump. This will make you move sideways. I was thinking that maybe this is a good exercise. What do you think?

I tested to go around the rooms in the house and it felt like it used muscles in the foot, leg and on the side of the buttock. It's also a matter of balancing, especially when you get more tired and there are things like rugs and thresholds in the way.
deanhills
I tried. But my feet did not want to cooperate. Looks like a very interesting exercise however.
Lishmares
I dont think you should do this as an exercise because your legs are not suposed to twist while pushing a resistance, if you do this frenquently, you expose yourself to injury.

If you want strong legs, the best exercise you can do is squats. Squats will build strong legs and prevents eventual injury.
Peterssidan
@Lishmares
You might be right. It's not a natural motion to do. On ther other hand there is no big power/speed involved so it shouldn't be the worst thing you can do. I actually felt a little in my knee after this but there are other possible explanations for that.

I have done some squats before but I don't go to a gym any more. I'm often worried when doing squats because my knees often makes clicking sounds when I bend them.