FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mouse cursor hitting invisible walls

Da Rossa
Hi, I have a Razer Naga, a decent gaming mouse.
Today, I discovered while gaming a very annoying and disappointing problem: the cursor won't obbey your directions properly. It will trável horizontally, but when the movement is circular or on the Y axis, the movement will still be horizontall many of the times.

I changed the mousepad to a brighter one, which was a hunch someone had while having the same problem. It appears to have worked, but I'm affraid it will happen the same thing soon.

Any ideas?
CHAOS-THEORY
When it happens we will give you ideas (; most likely the mouse strugelling as its hitting walls is called lag, not inGame lag -.- , its mainly caused by your operating system; its microsoft & its Sh**y services; thats the problem. try a fresh install
Peterssidan
I have noticed the same thing with my mouse but removing dust around the laser sensor usually helps.
Da Rossa
I don't remember what I did, but it magically solved. Maybe installing and updating RazerSynapse 2.0.
jdelfire
What I normally do when I have a similar problem like this mouse issue - I always restart my pc in safemode just to check if there is some kind of program/drivers causing the issue. Uninstalling/reinstalling the mouse driver may help too It can be corrupted sometimes. If not then try to mock with the msconfig by disabling some of the programs in startup until you determine if there is any of that programs is the cause.

Good to hear that invisible was taken care of... must be some invisible wrecking mouse ball hit it...
Da Rossa
jdelfire wrote:
What I normally do when I have a similar problem like this mouse issue - I always restart my pc in safemode just to check if there is some kind of program/drivers causing the issue. Uninstalling/reinstalling the mouse driver may help too It can be corrupted sometimes. If not then try to mock with the msconfig by disabling some of the programs in startup until you determine if there is any of that programs is the cause.

Good to hear that invisible was taken care of... must be some invisible wrecking mouse ball hit it...

Hehe too glad I got rid of one of the nastiest things ever: mouse with ball (dustball actually) Smile
CHAOS-THEORY
lol mouse with ball ?? that was like the 90s xD
jdelfire
ah the 90's... the nostalgia of a mouse ball... as a gamer that time my friend and I use to hate optical mouse when playing counter strike only because optical mouse has a tendency of jumping up and down then lose your target.
Da Rossa
jdelfire wrote:
ah the 90's... the nostalgia of a mouse ball... as a gamer that time my friend and I use to hate optical mouse when playing counter strike only because optical mouse has a tendency of jumping up and down then lose your target.

Yes, at the beginning... I think this was a market strategy, because at the same time there were "bugged" mice - the ones you had to tilt slowly otherwise the crosshair would go nuts, and "decent" mice - where you could just do a very quick dragshot with AWP with no loss of accuracy. Totally unfair.
Nikola992
if its not the driver then check the laser sensor, dust or ash(if ur smoking) or hair even are known to "wall & fix" a mouse to a given axis/box, or u can also try alt tabbing between windows to fix it due to a random error occuring
Da Rossa
Good to know, because it's happening again. I searched a bit and saw some people complaining about Razer mice. Not specifically the Naga, but one guy got 3 Imperators in a 2-year interval. The case was always about defective sensors.

I'll try cleaning it the proper way. Smile