FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Joomla 3.x requiresments and reccomendations





MikeFromHC
Frihost satisfies all but one requirement for the installation of Joomla 3.x

Magic Quotes GPC must be off for installation to proceed.

It is recommended that display errors and output buffering should be off.
darthrevan
I found the following code in the web hosting forum under a sticky i believed called faq or common questions that might help you.
Quote:


Can we change settings in the php.ini file?
Not directly... However, you could try using the ini_set() function at the top of your script. This will set the PHP.INI option temporarily for your script only.
Have a look at http://php.mirrors.ilisys.com.au/manual/en/ini.php#ini.list . If the option that you want to change has either 'PHP_INI_USER' or 'PHP_INI_ALL' under the 'Changeable' column, you can change it using ini_set. All the other options can only be set by the server administrator (usually for security reasons). The syntax is:
Code:

ini_set("option", "setting");

For example, Code:
Code:

ini_set("session.name", ")


So try
Code:
 ini_set("magic_quotes_gpc", "off");
Bondings
You could try to add the following code to your .htaccess file:
Code:
php_flag magic_quotes_gpc Off

I'm afraid there is a good chance that this will give a 500 error, but it's worth a try.

Otherwise I think the only option is for me to give you a custom php.ini file with magic_quotes_gpc disabled.

@darthrevan, I don't think this is a value that you can change from within php unfortunately.
zimmer
thanks for sharing that information bondings.

I have not tried yet using joomla 3.0 because my website is build in Joomla 2.5 but i will take this not i case i will try that version.
MikeFromHC
zimmer wrote:
thanks for sharing that information bondings.

I have not tried yet using joomla 3.0 because my website is build in Joomla 2.5 but i will take this not i case i will try that version.


Right now 3.01is not recommended for any working site.
Joomla strongly advises against upgrading until a later version.

Right now it's basically just to play with and few modules will run with it.
MikeFromHC
Bondings wrote:
You could try to add the following code to your .htaccess file:
Code:
php_flag magic_quotes_gpc Off

I'm afraid there is a good chance that this will give a 500 error, but it's worth a try.

Otherwise I think the only option is for me to give you a custom php.ini file with magic_quotes_gpc disabled.

@darthrevan, I don't think this is a value that you can change from within php unfortunately.


It does give the 500 error.

I've put a php.ini file in /public_html as well as in the joomla3 directory to no avail.
I've also tried turning magic quotes off on another site which uses .htaccess with no luck.

It might be a bug as several other people are reporting the same thing on other sites so I'll wait a few days.
Bondings
@MikeFromHC, I doubt this will change unless they get too many complaints. This is an intentional change unfortunately.

The problem is that I obviously can't turn off magic quotes for the whole server, it would break a lot of websites. However, I can create a custom php.ini configuration for each user (or even per domain I think), it's a bit of work though. So if you want it for your whole account or for a specific domain, I can try. But please note that this can cause problems with older software that relies on magic quotes.
rx9876
@Bondings,

It's very kind that you consider to offer the new function.

For your reference.

My another web-hosting using vista panel,
and it offers a function to change php directives for each domain.

These are the options.

Display Errors
Magic Quotes
Magic Quotes GPC
MB String Input
PHP Timezone
MikeFromHC
Bondings wrote:
@MikeFromHC, I doubt this will change unless they get too many complaints. This is an intentional change unfortunately.

The problem is that I obviously can't turn off magic quotes for the whole server, it would break a lot of websites. However, I can create a custom php.ini configuration for each user (or even per domain I think), it's a bit of work though. So if you want it for your whole account or for a specific domain, I can try. But please note that this can cause problems with older software that relies on magic quotes.


According to some one on a Joomla forum,
Quote:

That is because every host has their own processes and can also restrict what can actually be changed at a lower level.
Every php setting has a code value assigned to it - not unlike the file permissions structure that we always talk about:


Code:

Value Meaning
1 Directive can be set in user scripts (local php.ini)
2 Directive can be set in (main) php.ini, .htaccess, or httpd.conf
4 Directive can be set in (main) php.ini or httpd.conf
7 Directive can be set anywhere

Every host can apply those settings to every directive that is in the php.ini (there are a lot of them!) other than those where such change is restricted within php itself.
ugmamsa
yeah same problem here, i tried that but won't work Sad
DesquisiadoMoral
Where can I create php.ini, requires Any specific localization?
RosenCruz
DesquisiadoMoral wrote:
Where can I create php.ini, requires Any specific localization?


I believe it belongs to server admin. He can configure php. Ask Bonding and I believe he can work out sth for you Wink
XclusiveVents
i am looking for a site where i can install joomla on. is this web hosting really good with joomla 3.2
GT_HK
The updated Joomla version is 3.4.1, i would like start my new site with it at frihost, anybody have try it here?
Related topics
Top Website Design Programs
Joomla Template installation
Disabling Magic Quotes
Magic Quotes GPC Off for Joomla 3.0
Joomla! 3.0 support
Joomla is the best!
Disabling magic_quotes - Joomla 3
Joomla 3.0 Magic Quotes GPC Off
Redesigning Site - Suggestions?
can i use joomla
Any Support for Joomla 3.0 Magic Qoutes problem?
Joomla 3.0 article image problem.. MAGIC QOUTES
Joomla 3.x and PHP
PHP Version?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Support and Web Hosting -> Web Hosting Support

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.