FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Straight talk home phone

darthrevan
Have any of you seen or are using the Straittalk home phone service/device? I have seen it but haven't read any reviews. The device can be bought from walmart for a little over 99 dollars, also around the same price on there site. The price of thwarting service is like fifteen dollars for unlimited nationwide talk and for international calls would be i think 30 dollars. I thought about it, though it It can be considered to be redneck, though if you buy an AC adaptor for your car You can have a mobile cell phone for your car. It would have to be a coded phone, unless you buy a second adaptor or an adaptor with two spots for a AC cord.
coolclay
I am a little confused I know straight talk has a pay per minute cell phones, but didn't realize they also had home units too. So is it a voip service or does it use cell towers? If it is voip then I think that is a rip-off, the magic jack deal is better than that I think, and even better than that is Google Voice with an Obitalk unit.

I've had a home phone for an entire year so far for free, except the $60 I paid for the Obi110 unit. However if and when GV switches to paid instead of free that I will likely say goodbye unless it's cheaper than the other services available.
darthrevan
Nah it it isn't a voip. It uses cell phone towers, not sure if it uses Verizon towers or Att. Maybe it is one that uses Verizon because it would have better coverage in the USA in most cases.
brody49
darthrevan wrote:
Have any of you seen or are using the Straittalk home phone service/device? I have seen it but haven't read any reviews. The device can be bought from walmart for a little over 99 dollars, also around the same price on there site. The price of thwarting service is like fifteen dollars for unlimited nationwide talk and for international calls would be i think 30 dollars. I thought about it, though it It can be considered to be redneck, though if you buy an AC adaptor for your car You can have a mobile cell phone for your car. It would have to be a coded phone, unless you buy a second adaptor or an adaptor with two spots for a AC cord.

Have you read or found any reviews? I am interested in learning more about this device, hopefully so I can integrate it with my Residential Voip Service in my home.

Thanks,

Brody
lvnvmatt
Any update on this review?