FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What day of the year should we celebrate FRIHOST day

chasbeen
What day of the year should we call FRIHOST day?
Also how should we celebrate it?

First I think it should be the day that the first member joined Frihost?

Second we should celebrate it by each adding 10 posts on that day?

What do YOU think?
darthrevan
Maybe the day we got a certain number of posts or members.? Not sure which would be better and more appropriate.

If you are saying everyone should post 10 posts that say, that works for me, but on average I post more than that Smile
truespeed
The board start date? 25th Apr 2005.
coolclay
I like the idea! The board start day sounds good enough I guess. Or maybe the day Bondings started as a member April 26th to be more accurate?
deanhills
I think it is 26 April 2005. I remember, as I think I mentioned to Bondings during one of his official posts about Frihost being so many years old, that 27 April was my dad's birth day. So he mentioned that Frihost's birthday was 26 April.

OK, checked and just found the thread:
http://www.frihost.com/users/Bondings/blog/vp-125119.html
darthrevan
what should be the prize for this special day I wonder as well if any. Maybe we could post so many posts and get bonus points?
IceCreamTruck
I vote for February 28th! Smile That will make it more special!
deanhills
How about 1st of April? Wink
truespeed
deanhills wrote:
I think it is 26 April 2005. I remember, as I think I mentioned to Bondings during one of his official posts about Frihost being so many years old, that 27 April was my dad's birth day. So he mentioned that Frihost's birthday was 26 April.

OK, checked and just found the thread:
http://www.frihost.com/users/Bondings/blog/vp-125119.html

The first registered user was admin,on the 25th,Bondings is the next on the 26th,so he created the board on the 25th,but as he says in that linked post,he didn't go public with it till the next day.
chasbeen
I might make a dynamic image of A big chocolate cake written in JavaScript on April 26th 2013.

I guess I will put 8 candles on it as long as my maffs is correct.
truespeed
On the 26th april 1962 ,the first US rocket landed on the moon.
deanhills
truespeed wrote:
On the 26th april 1962 ,the first US rocket landed on the moon.

OK that has me going now Smile:

Quote:
26 April 1514 - Copernicus makes his 1st observations of Saturn

26 April 1564 - William Shakespeare baptized

26 April 1607 - 1st British to establish an American colony land at Cape Henry, Va

26 April 1721 - Smallpox vaccination 1st administrated

26 April 1755 - 1st Russian university opens (Moscow)

26 April 1803 - Meteorites fall in L'Aigle, France

26 April 1835 - Frederic Chopins "Grand Polonaise Brillante," premieres in Paris

26 April 1904 - Bell Telephone Company of Antwerp Belgium forms

26 April 1915 - Italy secretly signes Pact of London with Britain, France & Russia

26 April 1923 - English prince Albert (George VI) marries lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon

26 April 1926 - Germany & Russia sign neutrality/peace treaty

26 April 1928 - Madame Tussaud's waxwork exhibition opens in London

26 April 1929 - 1st non-stop England to India flight lands

26 April 1959 - Cuba invades Panama

26 April 1962 - 1st Lockheed A-12 flies

26 April 1962 - Ariel 1 Launch (1st UK Satellite)

26 April 1971 - Turkey state of siege proclaimed

26 April 1982 - Argentina surrenders to Britain on S Georgia near Falkland Island

26 April 1982 - Rod Stewart is mugged, gunman steals his $50,000 Porsche

26 April 1994 - Taiwan Airbus A-300 crashes at Nagoya Japan, 262 killed

26 April 1994 - Physicists announce first evidence of the top quark subatomic particle.

26 April 2012 - Indonesia suspends imports of American beef after a confirmed case of mad cow disease in California

Selected from:
http://www.historyorb.com/events/april/26
chasbeen
I was in the Falklands In 1982.
After being there 4 months I was looking forward to getting warmer every day as we turned for home.
Then the captain announced he was sailing to Antartica for the first 4 days boy I was a bit upset and expressed my feelings as such to my colleagues Sad
deanhills
chasbeen wrote:
Then the captain announced he was sailing to Antartica for the first 4 days boy I was a bit upset and expressed my feelings as such to my colleagues Sad
I've always wanted to go to the Antarctica. My roots are in South Africa, so have always been fascinated by it. At the same time though, the cold in the Falklands would have got to me however. I'm not too partial to extreme temperatures. Of the two I probably deal much better with heat, provided the humidity is not too high.
chasbeen
You go with where your from..
After experiencing Canadian winter, I no longer ever want to be cold again.
That's why I can be seen wearing a coat on Mid Summer days when the temperature is touching 90:)
darthrevan
chasbeen wrote:
You go with where your from..
After experiencing Canadian winter, I no longer ever want to be cold again.
That's why I can be seen wearing a coat on Mid Summer days when the temperature is touching 90:)

Not sure how wearing a coat when it is on the nineties because of the Canada weather. I would think you would be use to the cold and when it is like forty you would still be wearing shorts lol.
johans
truespeed wrote:
The board start date? 25th Apr 2005.

Then i guess every April of 25th we celebrate.. Can we celebrate next year April 25th 2013 ? Any good ideas and suggestions?