FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Railroad Tycoon 2





RosenCruz
Any fans around here ? I guess this oldie game is kind of underrated. One of the best tycoon games ever imho.

Very nice train and terrain details

Awesome graphical and audio quality for it's time

Cleverly prepared scenarios and campaigns

User generated maps and campaigs provide unlimited game play. Many fans all around the world.






Let me know if you are a fan like me Laughing
Josso
Only Chris Saywer game I haven't played I think.

I do however play OpenTTD quite a bit though
RosenCruz
Josso wrote:
Only Chris Saywer game I haven't played I think.

I do however play OpenTTD quite a bit though


Open TTD is an awesome project. I keep playing it for years, back in DOS days I was a Transport Tycoon fan too.

RT2 focuses on Trains and their time period. I love it ! Wink
Josso
Yeah I think TTD is better when you disable airports and all the other methods of transport actually. Love the train aspect of it, making all those complicated junctions and stuff. I will check this game out for sure, was meaning to for years anyway

Last time I checked OpenTTD team was developing entirely new graphics for it! Cool stuff not sure if that is done yet. Do you have any idea of what Chris Saywer is doing nowdays? News went sort of quiet a few years back. Hope he has good a good job and not just doing paperwork at some software dev company, would be a total waste of that guys talents. No-one buys isometric games anymore though =( RCT3 was great when he teamed up with the David B & frontier team, bit heavy on system resources though.
RosenCruz
Josso wrote:
Yeah I think TTD is better when you disable airports and all the other methods of transport actually. Love the train aspect of it, making all those complicated junctions and stuff. I will check this game out for sure, was meaning to for years anyway

Last time I checked OpenTTD team was developing entirely new graphics for it! Cool stuff not sure if that is done yet. Do you have any idea of what Chris Saywer is doing nowdays? News went sort of quiet a few years back. Hope he has good a good job and not just doing paperwork at some software dev company, would be a total waste of that guys talents. No-one buys isometric games anymore though =( RCT3 was great when he teamed up with the David B & frontier team, bit heavy on system resources though.


I guess Sawyer's last work was Locomotion. It was the kind of a Transport Tycoon with Roller Coaster Tycoon engine.

I have no idea what he is working on at the moment, but he should be developing some stuff, hopefully as addictive as RCT or TT series.

Sid Meier's Railroads was another hit, with realistic game design and engines. I will check it when I m done with all the campaigns at RT 2 Platinum.

Railroad Tycoon 3 will be my last destination, before the new year 2013. I will have to study more at 2013 and I may have to play less :/ I can say that I m definitely into trains and train simulations .)
milkshake01
Thanks for sharing the game.
pravojednostavno
RT 2 was one of my favourite tycoon games.
RosenCruz
One of the deepest tycoon games ever. Stock market itself was a great exploration for many gamers. There were some really though missions Crying or Very sad
SpaceInvader75
I found it on game tap. If I can still find it, I might try it out again on my old computer.
RosenCruz
Quote:
I found it on game tap. If I can still find it, I might try it out again on my old computer.


It is relatively cheap on many retailers which allow direct downloads. You should have no difficulty finding this game Wink
alvarorojas4
OMG didn't know that this even exists!
It is hard?
RosenCruz
alvarorojas4 wrote:
OMG didn't know that this even exists!
It is hard?


Yeah. After a few easy missions, AI really kicks your b.tt. But it is fun as hell to compete Wink
Josso
Went back to OpenTTD, I think it is fully free now (they had some emulator type deal going before, where you had to include original game files). They have also made numerous improvements.
moncong
seems like good game, i love good game play than graphic game..
i ll try to play sometime
spinout
the good thing about this game was the econonic part, stocks and so on. I remembered railroad tycoon I was one of the best tycoon games ever.
Related topics
Favourite game? (OFFICIAL THREAD)
Gry, które bedziemy pamiętać na zawsze...
W co sie teraz gra na PC?
Tycoon games
who plays retro games?
How many games do you have?
What Game are you playing ,at the moment???
Stare GRY ale jare!
Hospital Tycoon
DOS Games! Which ones did you/do you still play?
Train Game
Best Old Games
Tycoon fans?
Best Games on Android ?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Sports and Entertainment -> Games

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.