FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Which phone service do you use

darthrevan
So as the title says, which service do you use? I personally use straight talk. I have an Android, so Ian required to use the unlimited 45 dollar plan.
Josso
I use some ancient Samsung E-900 on basically what is O2 UK coverage. Best reception in the UK which is needed for rural areas.
darthrevan
I live in the US, so we have more choices I guess, but where I live, Verizon covers the area the best. Though wish I had more choices as well. The straight talk phone I am uses Verizon towers.
Josso
darthrevan wrote:
I live in the US, so we have more choices I guess, but where I live, Verizon covers the area the best. Though wish I had more choices as well. The straight talk phone I am uses Verizon towers.

I forget what O2 tri-something'd itself to when I turned my phone on in the US. Presumably whatever minor company O2 has control over but I had pretty average coverage in most places. The company I use makes use of O2 towers without the costs of actually being on O2. Prety awesome I'm sure you have similar. I think in built up areas popular networks actually have a negative effect on reception. If I remember correctly cellphone bars go down if there is someone near you using the same network. Might be different with all these fancy new machines Laughing

EDIT:
I remember now - my phone turned itself to about 3 different networks so it shared signal with various different networks (?). Maybe this is similar to other international deals.
darthrevan
Josso wrote:
darthrevan wrote:

I forget what O2 tri-something'd itself to when I turned my phone on in the US. Presumably whatever minor company O2 has control over but I had pretty average coverage in most places. The company I use makes use of O2 towers without the costs of actually being on O2. Prety awesome I'm sure you have similar. I think in built up areas popular networks actually have a negative effect on reception. If I remember correctly cellphone bars go down if there is someone near you using the same network. Might be different with all these fancy new machines Laughing

EDIT:
I remember now - my phone turned itself to about 3 different networks so it shared signal with various different networks (?). Maybe this is similar to other international deals.

Not sure if being near another person with the same service affects my signal. I know O2 wireless offers service here as well.

Though with mine I get a good deal I think,45 unlimited talk text and Web though of course not truly unlimited when it comes down to it.
sudipbanerjee
I am far behind from others. I live in West Bengal, India. I use a Motorola L7 set with BSNL connection.
deanhills
We only have one service here that really counts. There is a second one that is into mobile phones, but the one I have is as good as it gets.
grofet
i'm using telkom for home phone. telkom is the best cable phone service in my country.
zimmer
i used globe telecom but my bills every month reached to $50 a month..
cybersa
I'm Using Tata Docomo(India).
My Monthly bill is 127INR only.(2.34$).
60INR for Phone Bill.
67INR for Internet Plan(1.5GB/Month)
dharmin
I use Vodafone Postpaid India...

Normally my monthly bill is around INR 700-800.

I think it is decent considering that i dont have a Landline Telephone at home..

I got a INR 399 Per month 3G plan!

Normally, i dont make many Long distance or international calls, but when i do, my phone bill spikes up a lot!
Cosmoslayer
Smart Prepaid in the Philippines. Laughing
rjraaz
Currently I am using BSNL EVDO, which is a CDMA based service provides me 3.5mb/s speed and unlimited download and upload.
linux1993
In China,I only have three choices, they are China Mobile, China Unicom, China Telecom.Personly I prefer to use service of China Mobile, on one hand it has very good stable experience, on the other hand, It provides us good after-sale service. Although TD-SCDMA network developed by China Mobile covers less area by WCDMA and CDMA2000.But it's cheaper .
GuidanceReader
I use Planet ISP in Australia, but that's just changed name to Think Mobile or something like that.
royale1223
I use Aircel Data card.
darthrevan
zimmer wrote:
i used globe telecom but my bills every month reached to $50 a month..

Not much more than mine though I do get a little discount since I work at walmart.
inuyasha
I use China Mobile for my mobile in China.
PS: For telephones, only China Telecom is available here.
coolclay
I use google voice for my home phone and a tracfone for the occasional mobile call. I spend probably $100/year on telephone service. That's not bad considering I have friends who spend $100/month!
darthrevan
coolclay wrote:
I use google voice for my home phone and a tracfone for the occasional mobile call. I spend probably $100/year on telephone service. That's not bad considering I have friends who spend $100/month!

Definetly not a bad deal at all. I have home phone and internet binder from over 70 and 44 for unlimited talk;text and web. don't really usethe house phone much.
deanhills
My house phone service comes bundled in with my Internet service. My phone number is my account number. Ironically however, I can't remember when last I used it.
chatrack
Hi,

I use BSNL service both for phone and internet. They provide dial up as well as broadband connection
along with land line
_AVG_
In the US I like Verizon's service although they are very expensive for a Postpaid plan. Perhaps a Prepaid plan is optimum.
darthrevan
_AVG_ wrote:
In the US I like Verizon's service although they are very expensive for a Postpaid plan. Perhaps a Prepaid plan is optimum.

Nah the prepaid version isn't any cheaper really. Verizon tends to be expensive.
mshafiq
i am using magic jack for long distance.for local phone i am using local provider service.