FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hong Kong

ath8484
Hi Friends,

I'm sure there are many amongst us who have had the chance, or wish to visit, this lovely island city in Asia. Im trying to put together a set of must do/must see itinerary to help the people who plan visit in near future. So please join me in updating it with your experiences and suggestions.

Cheers,
Audy
ath8484
A must visit!

Watch the beautiful skyline of hongkong from across the shore, in Kowloon Peninsula.
Make sure to catch either the sunrise or the sunset changing the colors of the HK skyline landscape.
JustinnSoto
Hong Kong is the world's most beautiful and attractive place. A development of Hong Kong is very remarkable and appreciable. I love this place very much.
johans
JustinnSoto wrote:
Hong Kong is the world's most beautiful and attractive place. A development of Hong Kong is very remarkable and appreciable. I love this place very much.

Yeah.. indeed.. i hope i can visit Hongkong Disney land early next year!!!
rogue_skydragon
I've been to Hong Kong once, when I was about 8 or 9. I remember it being very colorful at night, and during the day quite cold and foggy. My roommate is gonna be living there starting next year.
inuyasha
Disney Theme Park may be the only thingg that attracts me in Hongkong. Very Happy I'm not very interested in scenaries, shopping centers or something like that~ I love all kinds of theme parks~ Very Happy
inuyasha
lixtea wrote:
Hongkong is a beautiful city with clearly on four seasons, i love it

"with clearly on four seasons"? Did you mean four distinct seasons? I don't think that's possible~ Hongkong is a subtropic coastal city. How can there be four distinct seasons?
SonLight
inuyasha wrote:
lixtea wrote:
Hongkong is a beautiful city with clearly on four seasons, i love it

"with clearly on four seasons"? Did you mean four distinct seasons? I don't think that's possible~ Hongkong is a subtropic coastal city. How can there be four distinct seasons?

I was curious enough to look it up in the US CIA factbook. According to

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/hk.html

Hong Kong is at 22 degrees latitude -- tropical, but borderline. Apparently the low elevation, wind and ocean currents enhance the tropical character however:

Quote:
subtropical monsoon; cool and humid in winter, hot and rainy from spring through summer, warm and sunny in fall

So I agree, four distinct seasons is a stretch.
Qantas94Heavy
Also don't forget about the other things apart from tall buildings and all the lights on the skyline! There is often much more to a country than its views, including cuisine, culture, fashion, shopping(!), etc.

I can't think of anything right off the top of my head (I'll post something else when I do), but I can say that Hong Kong is a wonderful place to travel and there is much more that what's on the surface. Good luck to anyone wanting to travel there and happy travels!
testsoc
Food and night life are amazing in HK. It's also very close to Macau, for a bit of a different experience. Definitely recommend it for a visit!
milkshake01
I'm gonna visit there very soon. I'll visit Disneyland.
twotrophy
I'm gonna visit there for several days this December. The main reasons I wanted to visit is to go to Disneyland and to shop. I'll be sure to catch the sunset.
twotrophy
I have visited there last December. Although I enjoyed the trip, the people were very rude. Some people were pushing in queues or anywhere that is crowded. Some of them ignore you when you ask them for directions or information.
moncong
mong kok is definitely must if you are looking for cheap stuff or gadget Very Happy
my favorite city when i staying there..

there also some traditional market on the street when evening come
jajarvin
We have here a Warehouse called Hong Kong. I visit it often.
zimmer
hello Guys,

Now, I am in Hongkong and i can say its a modern City. many people are tourist just doing shopping and eating all over the City.

The price is not that high i can say it just on the mid level. I have seen Victoria harbour and i am staying at Prince Marco polo hotel for HK$1250/night. The hotel is very nice and i get perfect view from the sea.

My next tour next month will be in Singapore or Sweden. I prefer more on Sweden next month.
sinjhc
twotrophy wrote:
I have visited there last December. Although I enjoyed the trip, the people were very rude. Some people were pushing in queues or anywhere that is crowded. Some of them ignore you when you ask them for directions or information.

Hong Kong is a nice place but it is too crowded. I guess the problem is there are too many tourists from mainlind China.
mikeperhem1
Places that attract towards the Hong Kong...
Ocean Park Hong Kong
Hong Kong Disneyland
Temple Street Night Market
Tsim Sha Tsui Promenade
johans
sinjhc wrote:
twotrophy wrote:

Hong Kong is a nice place but it is too crowded. I guess the problem is there are too many tourists from mainlind China.

Indeed. There are many tourist from China.

I just wondering why they like to shopping in Hongkong. Is the products are cheap in Hong kong? Or Chinese people getting richer now a days.

Anywhere we go now Chinese are present in each country. lol

I think they want the whole world to become Chinese also.
kakurine
I was there in '08. It was beautiful! It's a great place for shopping gadgets and also for touring.