FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hosting business is a good idea?

johans
Hi,

do you have any idea if hosting business is a good business now?
zaxacongrejo
it looks like it is because no one answer Smile got it?
Qantas94Heavy
johans wrote:
Hi,

I wouldn't recommend it at all. Nowadays the business is cut throat on margins and the market is pretty much saturated with choice. In the long term it's most likely that it won't be profitable, unless you can bring something to the table that all the big companies (and little ones too!) can't.
k_s_baskar
If you have knowledge in DNS/Linus/Server management and have time than YES. otherwise my answer is NO
cheater01
johans wrote:
Hi,

If you have interest and you feel you can succeed just go do it else just let this go !
ammylin
johans wrote:
Hi,

I wouldn't recommend it at all.
evilryu530
I think it's great busy can get VPN hosting service for like 50 bucks a month if you can get huge client to pay you 20 bucks a month to host their website on your hosting service you only need 2.5 clients make it to the bus back. now imagine if you have 10 climb into each pay you to 20 bucks can you make 150 bucks a month profit.
GfBL
You have to consider the risks?
What happens in case of
    Data lost
    Server lost
    Server-room lost
    Line problem (excavator working in the street)
BarryV
If you are looking for a new home for your existing business site, or if you are just delving into online business, it is important to have a business hosting plan that fits your needs and can continue to do so in the future. There are many advantages to purchasing a business hosting plan, even if you do not particularly need all of the features associated with one.
lightningleo
Its a real business these days if you can provide packages better than others in an affordable costs. Otherwise, you'll also join the list of thousands of struggling hosting companies in the internet.
joostvane
Starting a hosting company with price as your only focus is a dead end. There is no way you can compete with the big, traditional hosting companies such as One.com.

If you are starting a small hosting company of your own, take into account different factors. People are willing to pay more for the right service and extra features. Offer things the bigger companies do not.
WendyD
Qantas94Heavy wrote:
johans wrote:
Hi,

I wouldn't recommend it at all. Nowadays the business is cut throat on margins and the market is pretty much saturated with choice. In the long term it's most likely that it won't be profitable, unless you can bring something to the table that all the big companies (and little ones too!) can't.

Agree. Competition among hosting companies is simple huge. To successfully compete with them you should have huge budget for ads that won't be cost-effective for a long period of time. In addition, your hosting must offer something outstanding - but at the same time this must be difficult to copy by your competitors. So, it's a big headache as for me.
tonberry
Bump. In my country, there are young hosting companies that sell nice hosting for dirt cheap, so it looks like it takes offers that good to effectively compete at the market. So the market must be very crowded already and very hard to compete in. Starting that kind of business in 1995 must have been a ticket to paradise Wink