FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Browsing my web site via IP

RosenCruz
Hello folks

I want to move another of my domains to frihost, but before I change nameservers, I want to make sure everything is working correctly.

I was able to import the database with no problems and now I m moving the files. I also added the domain to my account with Direct Admin.

I am on Server 3 and my IP is IP: 64.92.163.26
#Server: 3

how can I browse my site with the IP above and my domain name ? I just wanna test if it is working all right ? Is there a path like
Code:
64.92.163.26/user/rosencru/~domain.com
????
Bondings
There is a way to do it, but is has some problems and it only works for the default domain name. You need to use the ~ symbol before your username and it will display the default domain name (you can change default in DirectAdmin).

In your case, I would add a different domain that is currently working on the server (just create a sub.yoursub.frih.org as an additional/new domain name in DirectAdmin) and test it with that. And then simply use the change the domain name tool of DirectAdmin to change it to the actual domain name.
RosenCruz
Bondings wrote:
There is a way to do it, but is has some problems and it only works for the default domain name. You need to use the ~ symbol before your username and it will display the default domain name (you can change default in DirectAdmin).

In your case, I would add a different domain that is currently working on the server (just create a sub.yoursub.frih.org as an additional/new domain name in DirectAdmin) and test it with that. And then simply use the change the domain name tool of DirectAdmin to change it to the actual domain name.

Oh thanks for the quick answer, yeah I guess I could use this method. Wink
Qantas94Heavy
Bondings wrote:

For mine when I type in http://176.9.110.136/~username/ (I'm on Server 4), it says that I am not permitted to view the page, however when typing in my domain name it works like a treat. Why would that be? Even when I type in the link to the page fully, I still get a 403 Forbidden message that comes up.
RosenCruz
Qantas94Heavy wrote:
Bondings wrote:

For mine when I type in http://176.9.110.136/~username/ (I'm on Server 4), it says that I am not permitted to view the page, however when typing in my domain name it works like a treat. Why would that be? Even when I type in the link to the page fully, I still get a 403 Forbidden message that comes up.

I get those forbidden pages frequently too, on frihost. Dont know why