FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Why Frihost is popular

likeabreeze
Founded in April 2005, featuring 98755 members and 1079997 posts, Frihost is definitely popular.
But what makes it so popular?
1.Free hosting.
yeah,everybody loves "free".
2.Honesty.
this is what separates Frihost from others.
Frihost is not the only Free hosting provider online, there are so many websites provide free hosting, some of them even give unlimited space and bandwidth..and no ads..and claim "we don't make money".
but these hosting providers will one day suspend your account and ask you for money when your websites become popular, will one day put ads onto your websites, will one day disable some functions and say "under maintenance", will finally delete your account completely.
As far as I see, the only complaint about Frihost is that "points and posts are needed in order to get a free hosting", actually, we should be happy about this, because we know how frihost makes money, "free" is suspicious when we don't know how the hosting provider make money.
darthrevan
likeabreeze wrote:
Founded in April 2005, featuring 98755 members and 1079997 posts, Frihost is definitely popular.
But what makes it so popular?
1.Free hosting.
yeah,everybody loves "free".
2.Honesty.
this is what separates Frihost from others.
Frihost is not the only Free hosting provider online, there are so many websites provide free hosting, some of them even give unlimited space and bandwidth..and no ads..and claim "we don't make money".
but these hosting providers will one day suspend your account and ask you for money when your websites become popular, will one day put ads onto your websites, will one day disable some functions and say "under maintenance", will finally delete your account completely.
As far as I see, the only complaint about Frihost is that "points and posts are needed in order to get a free hosting", actually, we should be happy about this, because we know how frihost makes money, "free" is suspicious when we don't know how the hosting provider make money.

I have used many free providers, but never really stayed with them too long. The longest one I have been with has been my former hosting service and forum that I was a Moderator/Account Creator(in which I miss being Sad ). I understood how they made money and how Frihost makes money, atleast partly LOL. The only way I know this site generates money is from the ads on the forum in which people may visit after seeing what the fuss is about here and maybe even join and refer others to as well.

I know we need more active members posting quality posts, or atleast decent posts. To me, it is sometimes it taes a while before another member posts a reply to a topic that has been posted.
truespeed
It is not as popular now as it used to be,in terms of new user content that is,but in terms of traffic,guest traffic,it is more popular than ever,1 million + posts on various topics is bound to generate a lot of varied guest traffic.

Frihost will be around for a long time yet.
johans
based on testimonial/comments user who have been long time here in frihost they really find home and satisfaction guarantees and i agree with it.
lucascoelho
I can't say anything about other providers, but I'm really enjoying it here, although I haven't been around for too long.

But I agree with this:
darthrevan wrote:
I know we need more active members posting quality posts, or atleast decent posts.

Even not being around for too long nor too often, I sense some decrease on posts quality.
It's true I usually reply to what I see highlighted on the home page, because I am generally not looking for any specific subject and, besides, I like some "random" effect (meaning I'm not the one choosing it, but rather the use dynamics), but even considering it I still think we used to have better posts.

I'm not sure if quality started decreasing after they started sending those e-mail notices about negative points, so many people would come online just to "say something" in order not to loose their hostages.

Well, we must consider also that we almost often don't have much time available, so maybe it's hard to want people to give more on that...
nepalstar
Free host is popular because of it's offering premium like web hosting service in free. Whenever my friends ask for web hosting I always refer them frihost, because it provides premium like web hosting service on free.
deanhills
lucascoelho wrote:
I can't say anything about other providers, but I'm really enjoying it here, although I haven't been around for too long.

But I agree with this:
darthrevan wrote:
I know we need more active members posting quality posts, or atleast decent posts.

Even not being around for too long nor too often, I sense some decrease on posts quality.
It's true I usually reply to what I see highlighted on the home page, because I am generally not looking for any specific subject and, besides, I like some "random" effect (meaning I'm not the one choosing it, but rather the use dynamics), but even considering it I still think we used to have better posts.

I'm not sure if quality started decreasing after they started sending those e-mail notices about negative points, so many people would come online just to "say something" in order not to loose their hostages.

Well, we must consider also that we almost often don't have much time available, so maybe it's hard to want people to give more on that...
I don't think it has anything to do with the e-mail notices. It comes and goes. Posts were deteriorating in a major way up to a month ago. Right now I think we have some new members, as well as existing and "golden oldie" returning members who are contributing quality posts. Sort of makes me VERY happy when I read those. Cool
spinout
this is the paradise for cheapskates, inkluding me...
rx9876
There are many bad web-hosting service.
Yesterday one of my site was shut down for 24 hours.
Because the web-hosting set a daily hits limit, and said my site was over it.
According to Google analytics, my site used about 1/3 of the limits.
I think it's a trick to make web master paid more.
darthrevan
lucascoelho wrote:

But I agree with this:
darthrevan wrote:

At my former host, we got points for posts instead of words our do like we do here. I was strict with giving people warnings and sometimes banning, maybe too much bury couldn't stand the idea of people posting worthless crap to gain/keep their hosting account.
RosenCruz
I believe because of reliability. Many free hosts shutdown or disappear after a while. Frihost is still here and kicking a..s after all those years with great features Laughing
darthrevan
Yup Frihost is still kicking while others are shutting down. I am happy about that. We need to somehow attract more posters and posting but unsure how to do that; since we are already offering a free service for being active here. Maybe the requirement is to low. For example, maybe a certain hosting package requires a certain amount of posts. If we only want to offer one hosting package then we could require a set amount of points a month. Though this could encourage more posts but also more worthless posts.
XchaosX
I will say this I signed up this past April I believe for the hosting then looking at the fourms I was amazed they had a forum for everything with people to moderate it. Which was awesome and I applied for hosting and got it and ask people's oppinion I got replys with advice and help Actully I have gotten advice and help for a lot of things on here and the users seem really nice to so it is pretty much a well organized site I must say.
Vanilla
johans wrote:
based on testimonial/comments user who have been long time here in frihost they really find home and satisfaction guarantees and i agree with it.

I've been using my host here since 2006. I think that the key about Frihost is stability. Few times I saw the host down (mind you that I'm here for more than 6 years), the uptime is better than the majority of paid hosts that I know. Also some friends of mine come to ask me every time when they have a disillusion with a host: "Hey, what's the name of that pretty reliable site that you're always talking about??". I got some friends hosted here too. They came because I talk about Frihost, they stay because of the stability. The only problem is most of them only speak Portuguese, so they became restricted to the Portuguese forum...

I'm trying to bring more people here, I need to start an English blog so I can bring people to the other forums. Razz
darthrevan
Vanilla wrote:

I'm trying to bring more people here, I need to start an English blog so I can bring people to the other forums. Razz

That would be good, we need more activity here Smile. I don't know many people that would need hosting or just want to use a forum. Though when I get my site up and going, I will post my referral link on it. If I get lucky I would get a few people to join; to get more activity on here and me some coins.
deanhills
Vanilla wrote:
I think that the key about Frihost is stability.
Agreed. Total dedication and being there. No matter what. Like a solid rock! Very Happy
standready
Yes, Frihost is popular because of the 'free' services it provides to the members. No ads forced on member's sites and subtle ads through out Frihost pages. Uptime is fantastic! The best part is this community built around people from all over this tiny planet we live on.
Thank you, Bondings!
coolclay
Um, come on guys it's really the great community (like me) that makes Frihost the best duh! But the free hosting, off the scale reliability, openness, and of course having Bondings around doesn't hurt either.
darthrevan
The free hosting is what makes frihost popular and then maybe certain people fall in love with the community.

Atleast that is what happens to me. When I first decided to get hosted,I went with other free types of services. Then I came across p2h and thought it was a crazy concept and wouldn't like it but I ended up getting addicted to the community and great service.
bukaida
There are a very few professional web hosting service which are free. Also the amount of bandwidth and space it offers for free is amazing. The forum topics and the people here are versatile in Nature. So I just love being a member for so many years.
deanhills
bukaida wrote:
There are a very few professional web hosting service which are free.
There are a number of free web hosting services, but not one of them can equal Frihost in terms of quality of service as well as the Forum itself. Coolclay said it, there's a great community here, and we've known one another now for years. Wonder whether we're going to get old here as well? Seven years (four years for me) is a good size number of years.
Da Rossa
Quote:

That's why I like Bondings. I can't imagine him doing this coyote job: when the illegal immigrants are close to the US border, then the trespasser will demand more money or the travelers are killed.
Extortionists must be incarcerated.