FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mambo - I have one question...

mp2006
Does Mambo working on this server??
cafein
Sure MamBO Works here ! İf you want to..and its even easier to understand and set it..it s just has a install.php after you load the html etc to your root
So nor you dont have to work with .sql
But be careful with your first attemp if you lose you ll need to spend more efford on to improve it..
good luck
Summer
Sure , if u have DA (Direct Admin) acc here , u will just have to upload it to public_html directory .
abone
I couldn't set up it.Because,it made an error that is " register global" settings should be "ON" on your server.So it's waiting empty in my directory without installation directory.I had removed completely it, when i suspected installation is completed.But,I have tried a few times,installation directory could be uploaded again on it's ex-place.I will try to set up again by uploading new mambo installation directory from my computer.
elcyron
i had some problems installing mambo too, then i took a closer look at the Cpanel.
hm, there's a button saying "fantastico" let's click it.

geez, what do we have here, a collection of software to install and mambo is one of it.

within 3 minutes i had two mambos up and running (one as a testsystem on a different database)
only problem i had since then was the phpBB component.
farrengottu
elcyron wrote:
i had some problems installing mambo too, then i took a closer look at the Cpanel.
hm, there's a button saying "fantastico" let's click it.

geez, what do we have here, a collection of software to install and mambo is one of it.

within 3 minutes i had two mambos up and running (one as a testsystem on a different database)
only problem i had since then was the phpBB component.

man what are you talking about.
i keep reading all this stuff on how to install mambo cuz im having huge troubles with it. a few things said use fantastico, but i know for sure i dont have fantastico so wtf.
see for your self, heres a screen of my cpanel
http://www.farrengottu.frih.net/untitled.JPG

i would love to get mambo to work so if anyone with the same cpanel knows how you should share that info here.
SunburnedCactus
You don't get Fantastico on DirectAdmin (which everyone on the .frih.net server has I think) so you have to manually upload stuff. It isn't hard though, you just unpack the archive then send the whole lot up to your main folder via ftp

Regarding the "register global" settings I don't think it matters if that one is "OFF", you just have to edit the configuration file manually using the code it generates.

What I found annoying was having to change all the permissions of the files and folders.