FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

backlinks

Phil
Could someone give me a site that shows all the backlinks to a particular url?
SoftStag
If you want to see who is linking to a URL, then go to Google and type in:
Link:URL
Where URL is the URL you want to see the site are linking to. Smile
born2win
Softstag but it shows only the cached pages Sad when I use link:urlname
Phil
Tried that. It only shows a post I made on the Sitepoint forums a couple of years ago.
I've seen this before on a few SEO optimazation sites. It just shows you sites that have links back to your site.
I changed my site to a top-level Domain name and am trying to inform all that it's been changed.
SoftStag
born2win wrote:
Softstag but it shows only the cached pages Sad when I use link:urlname

Well it will do. But I think Google has one of the most comprehensive lists of URLs on the net. Or are you just looking for backlinks within your own site?
htmlmaster
www.pagerank.net will show you all backlinks from several search engines (click on link popularity checker.)
Phil
Wait one.
I tried the same deal, but with Yahoo. It showed a few more links.
shabda
I have some blogs and i want to find back links to them. So i type link:url. I get only a small list. I know there are many more. For example all my blogs below are cross linked but google doesnot show the links on them.
shabda
Even yahoo shows 16 lnks but I know there are many more.
parker
http://www.webuildpages.com/neat-o/ does a pretty good job...
mustaq
google is really bad showing back link try msn its show each and every back to your web site
parker
http://www.linkhounds.com/link-harvester is another great tool
Bondings
Google doesn't show all links, and this on purpose. They don't want you to know it. Yahoo is probably going to do the same, so you'll have to use msn for this in the future.
mustaq
Bondings wrote:
Google doesn't show all links, and this on purpose. They don't want you to know it. Yahoo is probably going to do the same, so you'll have to use msn for this in the future.

hey i have mensioned already above as founder said the same thing try using msn.com its relly good to show back of your web site and one more thing be away from ffa link and poker and durg (medicine) link never acept the links from them even free or one way link