FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How do I customize the target="blank" stuff...?

bnbrown
My problem is this: I have img link to their original big images. But the target="_blank" makes a very awful result, in any means. I tried with JavaScript but didn't come along with it. I replaced the href tag and gave the img an onClick stuff --> then I can customize my window but the link is gone and my CSS link effect doesn't work. Or if I make the window.open beside the href tag then I got a result of opening to pictures, one is the simple link img, the other is the window.open.

??? Question
SamiTheBerber
bnbrown wrote:
My problem is this: I have img link to their original big images. But the target="_blank" makes a very awful result, in any means. I tried with JavaScript but didn't come along with it. I replaced the href tag and gave the img an onClick stuff --> then I can customize my window but the link is gone and my CSS link effect doesn't work. Or if I make the window.open beside the href tag then I got a result of opening to pictures, one is the simple link img, the other is the window.open.

??? Question

target="_blank" makes only link opening in new window not more. You can't make window opening in specific size or something. CSS would also work with onclick.
digibluez
How about you give it a CSS style

Place a div with an id at where you want the full image to show.And add it a :hover effect.
You really sohuld not use a popup window.And simply a link to the images original location would do.There is always the <- back button on every browser.It's what i would suggest.Throw out the silly _blank idea.I hate popups in a new window.
bnbrown
I know this, and I really did not thought about this that I should not use a _blank stuff. But the problem is that my page is too little for an enlarged image, so only the thumbnails can have place there. The question is still open.
Nillis
Maybe this will help you

http://www.w3schools.com/js/tryit.asp?filename=tryjs_openallwindow

It uses javascript to control the appearance of the new window

Or otherwise you could try searching

http://www.w3schools.com/

for an answer
budazz
i suggest to use javascript you can control the window size,toolbars etc there are o lot of javascript out there try to serch one...
bnbrown
Ok, I mad it done. I made with inline imgs as you some folks just suggested. This is really much fun. Thanks.