FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Points are disabled in the Introductions forum

likeabreeze
Oh, just now,
I posted a reply to a post(http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-143153.html) in Introductions Forum,
and received the message "You earned for that posting", but didn't earn anything..
I thought it was a bug at first,because I didn't see "*Points are disabled in this forum.*" there.
finally I did a search, and found this thread (http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-112479.html), in which Bondings said no points are awarded at the Introductions Forum.
It was until then that I realized it was not a bug...
but why don't you put "Points are disabled in this forum.*" to the Introductions Forum just like what u did to the funny jokes/pictures and the tutorials forums? maybe you just forgot doing so?
And, by the way, "You earned for that posting" is not that accurate, actually....the thing is, I earned nothing...So, why not say "Points are disabled" instead?
deanhills
That's strange. I can't recall that I've ever received a response I've earned points for posting in the Introductions Sub-Forum. Maybe that happens early on?

If you check, it's quite easy to notice that all points, coins and Frih$ are disabled in the user section (look at the left panel under your name) when you are posting in the Introductions Sub-Forum. Only stat that is enabled is the number of posts, and you do earn a stat for number of posts.
likeabreeze
deanhills wrote:

If you check, it's quite easy to notice that all points, coins and Frih$ are disabled in the user section (look at the left panel under your name) when you are posting in the Introductions Sub-Forum. Only stat that is enabled is the number of posts, and you do earn a stat for number of posts.

Yeah, I've noticed that points,coins,and Frih$ are disabled here.
So, In your opinion, "You earned for that posting" is just ok, by"earned", you mean I earned a stat for number of posts...
that's ok,,
but the Introductions Section should still be labeled "*Points are disabled in this forum.*" to make it clear..
Bondings
I have added it to the forum, it's indeed more consistent this way.

About the points message, that is due to the point/coins mod we use for it. It's pretty complex and has quite a few bugs/weird stuff. I think it would have been easier/better if I had coded it myself (way easier to fix bugs/features that way).
Ghost Rider103
Quote:
I have added it to the forum, it's indeed more consistent this way.

Perhaps you should remove the "*Points are disabled in this forum" from the description of the forum then.
darthrevan
Bondings wrote:
II think it would have been easier/better if I had coded it myself (way easier to fix bugs/features that way).

I would have figured you hand coded everything used here:-)