FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

liberty

gnomme
Since the evening of September 11, 2001, when George W. Bush quoted Psalm 23 and declared the day’s events to be the opening salvo of a cosmic struggle of good versus evil, there has been a heated public debate about his openly religious language. Standard and appropriate, or unusual and dangerous? The latter, say more than 200 U.S. seminary and evangelical leaders who last October signed a petition condemning what they called a “theology of war” regarding the administration’s convergence of God and nation in the campaign against terrorism. One of the signers is Sojourners magazine editor-in-chief, Jim Wallis, whose book God’s Politics: Why the Right Gets It Wrong and the Left Doesn’t Get It became a national best seller in early 2005. In chapter one Wallis says this: “I have never seen such outrageous behavior by a political party in trying to manipulate religion for its own agenda while so disrespecting the faith of millions of other believers who disagree with the Republican political agenda.” Not so, say many administration officials and supporters who consistently have claimed that President Bush’s mixture of religion and politics is nothing new in the American presidency. Reverend Richard John Neuhaus, editor of the journal First Things, told the Washington Post last September that “there is nothing that Bush has said about divine purpose…that Abraham Lincoln did not say. This is as American as apple pie.” Similarly, Michael Gerson, Bush’s primary speechwriter during his first term, told a group of journalists in December that “it’s not a strategy,” “it’s also not new,” and “I don’t believe that any of this is a departure from American history.” Perhaps both have a point.

Source: Liberty Magazine
S3nd K3ys
gnomme wrote:
Since the evening of September 11, 2001, when George W. Bush quoted Psalm 23 and declared the day’s events to be the opening salvo of a cosmic struggle of good versus evil, there has been a heated public debate about his openly religious language. Standard and appropriate, or unusual and dangerous? The latter, say more than 200 U.S. seminary and evangelical leaders who last October signed a petition condemning what they called a “theology of war” regarding the administration’s convergence of God and nation in the campaign against terrorism. One of the signers is Sojourners magazine editor-in-chief, Jim Wallis, whose book God’s Politics: Why the Right Gets It Wrong and the Left Doesn’t Get It became a national best seller in early 2005. In chapter one Wallis says this: “I have never seen such outrageous behavior by a political party in trying to manipulate religion for its own agenda while so disrespecting the faith of millions of other believers who disagree with the Republican political agenda.” Not so, say many administration officials and supporters who consistently have claimed that President Bush’s mixture of religion and politics is nothing new in the American presidency. Reverend Richard John Neuhaus, editor of the journal First Things, told the Washington Post last September that “there is nothing that Bush has said about divine purpose…that Abraham Lincoln did not say. This is as American as apple pie.” Similarly, Michael Gerson, Bush’s primary speechwriter during his first term, told a group of journalists in December that “it’s not a strategy,” “it’s also not new,” and “I don’t believe that any of this is a departure from American history.” Perhaps both have a point.

Looks like a nice copy/paste. Got any input of your own on the subject? Rolling Eyes
gnomme
S3nd K3ys wrote:
gnomme wrote:

Looks like a nice copy/paste. Got any input of your own on the subject?

Source: Liberty Magazine <<<----don´t you know how to read???

This is a topic to open a discussion! dah Idea
S3nd K3ys
gnomme wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:
gnomme wrote:

It's YOU that needs to learn to read. I didn't ask for source.

http://www.frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3732

and

http://www.frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6378

Countdown to lockdown beginning in 5... 4.... 3.... 2.... 1
gnomme
S3nd K3ys wrote:
gnomme wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:
gnomme wrote:

It's YOU that needs to learn to read.

and

name of this part of forum: "DISCUSS WORLD NEWS" double dah! one for you and other for me! lol
be cool man! Abort the count down!!
gnomme
S3nd K3ys wrote:
gnomme wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:
gnomme wrote:

and

name of this part of forum: "DISCUSS WORLD NEWS" double dah! one for you and other for me! lol
S3nd K3ys
gnomme wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:
gnomme wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:
gnomme wrote:

and

I take it you didn't read the parts about

Bondings wrote:
We will remove all posts who post complete articles without quote tags. You also need to give your own opinion about it.

or

Bondings wrote:
The Discuss World News forum is there to discuss about everything that happens in the world. It is NOT meant as a place where you can spam by copying and pasting articles from news sites. This will no longer be tolerated. All news stories will have to be quoted.

Do try to pay a bit more attention next time, kthx
S3nd K3ys
:crickets:
n0obie4life
Source : http://frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6378

Quote tags missing. I never bothered to read on, but I doubt there would be an opninion from him.

-close-