FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

iPhone 5 panorama pictures

Tony The Tiger
I have heard that the iPhone 5 has the ability to take 240 degree 28 megapixel panorama pictures in a sweep-panorama shooting mode. Supposedly, this nearly replaces the need to stitch individual photographs using AutoStitch Panorama by Cloudburst or other similar software. How effective and useful is this software? How high quality are the resulting images?
siemens13
Tony The Tiger wrote:
I have heard that the iPhone 5 has the ability to take 240 degree 28 megapixel panorama pictures in a sweep-panorama shooting mode. Supposedly, this nearly replaces the need to stitch individual photographs using AutoStitch Panorama by Cloudburst or other similar software. How effective and useful is this software? How high quality are the resulting images?

its absoluteely true that you have heard. iPhone 5 has the ability to take 240 degree 28 megapixel panorama pictures in a sweep-panorama shooting mode.
Tony The Tiger
siemens13 wrote:
Tony The Tiger wrote:

its absoluteely true that you have heard. iPhone 5 has the ability to take 240 degree 28 megapixel panorama pictures in a sweep-panorama shooting mode.

Well yes. I was not confused on the new technology. That is not what I was hoping you would respond about. My question is about how effective the new technology is. Does the new software provided by the iPhone work effectively. Does it actually replace the need to stitch photos? I.e., is it any good?
DanielXP
Tony The Tiger wrote:
siemens13 wrote:
Tony The Tiger wrote:

Well yes. I was not confused on the new technology. That is not what I was hoping you would respond about. My question is about how effective the new technology is. Does the new software provided by the iPhone work effectively. Does it actually replace the need to stitch photos? I.e., is it any good?

I've used it myself as I have a iPhone 5, it's doesn't do anything more than a app could have done years ago and what I have used years ago.
Tony The Tiger
DanielXP wrote:
I've used it myself as I have a iPhone 5, it's doesn't do anything more than a app could have done years ago and what I have used years ago.

Are you saying that there were panorama photography apps prior to iPhone 5 that facilitated taking pictures of panoramic views by moving the camera in an arc? I have never heard of these apps. I have seen on wikipedia that there are a lot of photographers who take individual overlapping photographs and stitch them together. I believe that it takes very complicated software techniques to do the stitching, but I have never tried to do this myself.