FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I still don't understand how you earn coins

XchaosX
I am not sure how you earn coins I know what they are used for but how do you earn them I know I posted a couple of topics one day and I had some but how do you get more.
watersoul
You get points when you post, and at the end of the day if you've reached over 45 points, the extra are converted into coins through some equation I haven't looked into then your points are reset to 45.
basically If you've got over 45 points each day you post then you will get coins Smile
hakaner
If you pass 45 points, next points are added to the coin (ex. 47=45 point+2coin).
darthrevan
hakaner wrote:
If you pass 45 points, next points are added to the coin (ex. 47=45 point+2coin).

I dunno if I would put it that way, almost looks like you would earn a lot of coins or I am just reading it wrong LOL. The way I would put it is:
47-45(turnover amount)=2 coins Smile
Vanilla
darthrevan wrote:
hakaner wrote:

I dunno if I would put it that way, almost looks like you would earn a lot of coins or I am just reading it wrong LOL. The way I would put it is:

Not quite. The amount earned is 2^0.6. I think you should read this post. It got everything that you need to know about coins. Smile
darthrevan
Vanilla wrote:
darthrevan wrote:
hakaner wrote:

Not quite. The amount earned is 2^0.6. I think you should read this post. It got everything that you need to know about coins. Smile

Hmm ok. well it is just how I figured it out. I just know the extra over 45 turns into coins :s
zaxacongrejo
awsome so to earn coins we just have to post and post and post once again
great i came to thread because sudendly my account showed up 4 coins
and i didnt knew why but thanks to you guys i just findout why and how i earn those coins
earn coins in frihost is esear then what i was thinking
great
Qantas94Heavy
zaxacongrejo wrote:
awsome so to earn coins we just have to post and post and post once again
great i came to thread because sudendly my account showed up 4 coins
and i didnt knew why but thanks to you guys i just findout why and how i earn those coins
earn coins in frihost is esear then what i was thinking
great

What the other have said is correct. If you post 10 posts worth 5 points each, you would get about 2.3 coins (points-1)^0.6. The reason the points are reduced by 1 before coin valuation is because of the daily hosting usage (except if you do not yet have hosting account).
zaxacongrejo
wich mean if you already have 45 all beind that will be converted in coins once the system updates
great so is simple to earn coins
jazzman
what are coins used for? If you end up down to a zero balance on the points, will the coins then kick in to cover after the points are used up?
rx9876
jazzman wrote:
what are coins used for? If you end up down to a zero balance on the points, will the coins then kick in to cover after the points are used up?

Coins are used to purchase domain name coupon code.
The transformation is one way, only points can be transfer to coins.
deanhills
rx9876 wrote:
only points can be transfer to coins.
Perhaps one should qualify points with "only points in excess of 45 points in one day can be transferred to coins". Then also check out Bondings' official blog posts on coins:
http://www.frihost.com/users/Bondings/blog/vp-119180.html
Quote:
At the moment the Coins are calculated as (points above 45)^0.6 .