FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

funning thing life...

francourt
...just watched my 11 month old son navigate about the iphone....
ocalhoun

I bet he's already using it to make forum posts better than that one.

*edit*
This was originally in the science --> life category, hence my commentary.
Ankhanu
ocalhoun wrote:

And me all biting my tongue and intentionally not commenting!

To be fair, that was better than anything I restrained myself from saying Wink
truespeed
That's nothing,this 1 year old can play angry birds.

*I think this thread should be moved out of the science forums. Wink
standready
ocalhoun wrote:

Laughing Laughing
How well does Jay do with phone? laugh
patoram1
IN some years every body will got an iphne! (then i ll get mine!)
lucascoelho
Well, I stick to the principal: kids should play, learn, interact with other peers, life and nature while they can!

It's nice to see how easy they understand tech and get along with it, but I don't wanna stimulate it on my kids, if I ever have my own.

I love technology, but I'm really old school on subjects like that. Kids are kids and they must be allowed to live as such. Ok if the take a phone or computer once in a while and give as lesson on how to use it, as long as it's a few minutes or seconds of it, otherwise I just don't agree!

We've already got concerns about safety, diseases and a handful of things for good parenting, I don't wanna imagine myself raising my "own little robots"... I wanted it, I'd program them, not father them.
Marcuzzo
IMO as long as it is educational there is nothing wrong with it.
newadays there are "childpad's" baciscly cheap trimmed down android tablets with a different market that will offer download games and applications for different ages.
I bought one last year for my nephew.
btw, in a few weeks I'll be a father too Very Happy
lucascoelho
Marcuzzo wrote:
IMO as long as it is educational there is nothing wrong with it.
newadays there are "childpad's" baciscly cheap trimmed down android tablets with a different market that will offer download games and applications for different ages.
I bought one last year for my nephew.

Ok, I see educational advantages there too, we can make a good use of it, but I'm just worried about getting them addicted to it and losing their childhood.
For some time now we've seen tv-baby-siting, not good already, so computer-baby-siting doesn't please me either.
But with moderation anything may work...

Btw, congratz, Marcuzzo! God bless yall! Very Happy
deanhills
Marcuzzo wrote:
Hope you will let us know ..... God's speed .... Very Happy

I think it's great the way kids take to all of these "toys", which after all is exactly what they are. In certain respects kids are better at it than we are as they don't have any preconceived learning or ideas and are absorbing it spontaneously. No resistance.
Marcuzzo
lucascoelho wrote:
but I'm just worried about getting them addicted to it and losing their childhood.

I was born in 81 so my childhood was mostly playing outdoors and in the forrest near my parent's house. but at the age of 8 or 9 I had the old nintendo ( nes ) as a birthday present, I think my father still regrets the day because I spent most of my free time playing mario and the like.
til this very day I like to play videogames from time to time but it does not dominate my day or even my week.
but it is true, children can get addicted to games and when you tell them that it's sleeping time they can even become a little agressive because of the adrenaline. I've seen this a few times when my nephew sleeps over and I let him play on my old modified xbox.

lucascoelho wrote:

Btw, congratz, Marcuzzo! God bless yall! Very Happy

thank you lucas

deanhills wrote:
Marcuzzo wrote:
Hope you will let us know ..... God's speed .... Very Happy

Thanks Dean,
I'll create a blogpost when the time arrives. Wink

deanhills wrote:

I think it's great the way kids take to all of these "toys", which after all is exactly what they are. In certain respects kids are better at it than we are as they don't have any preconceived learning or ideas and are absorbing it spontaneously. No resistance.

they are like spunges, my nephew is now 7 years old and he could open a miniclip page and play a game before he could even read and write just by watching me push the buttons on the keyboard.
when he was 5 he asked my wife if she could let him play a game on her computer and when she told him that she doesn't know where to look he told her to search on google Laughing when she told me about it that evening I was ROFL'ing.
deanhills
Marcuzzo wrote:
when he was 5 he asked my wife if she could let him play a game on her computer and when she told him that she doesn't know where to look he told her to search on google Laughing when she told me about it that evening I was ROFL'ing.
Hilarious! Laughing
lucascoelho
deanhills wrote:
Marcuzzo wrote:
Hilarious! Laughing

[Hilarious! Laughing]
rebbicajackson
I too have gone trough same kind of situation where my cousin's one year old had taken my mobile from my pocket and i allowed him thinking he would played with it but unfortunately he had thrown it in the POOL !
deanhills
rebbicajackson wrote:
I too have gone trough same kind of situation where my cousin's one year old had taken my mobile from my pocket and i allowed him thinking he would played with it but unfortunately he had thrown it in the POOL !
Laughing Guess the mobile phone drowned in the process?
benny7770
truespeed wrote:
That's nothing,this 1 year old can play angry birds.

*I think this thread should be moved out of the science forums. Wink

Yes maybe people are just finding posts to reply to in order to meet their 5 post quota ...like me Smile