FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Bondings preModded phpBB2

RosenCruz
How about sharing this premodded nice version of phpBB 2?

I believe it can be used, developed with phpBB and Frihost copyright on footer.

Just an idea. Don't know what Bondings would think about it Rolling Eyes
Gregoric
I suppose that all the modifications that Mr. Bondings implemeted to the system, were made after installing the CMS thus they were configured manually and cannot be used as easy-installable addon or just little modification. What I mean is that you would have to adjust all the configuration manually which would be a bit problematic.

Why do I think like that? Well, if I modify some CMS, it wouldn't be useable by anyone else (as all the settings aren't stored in separate file but somewhere in code and only person that knows how it works is... me Smile).

That's just my opinion. By the way, coding those additions on your own would make you learn something new Smile.
RosenCruz
This just was an idea. I dont know may be there are still people out there who prefers a preModded phpBB 2 and that frihost link on the footer could be some kind of advertising etc. I use MyBB personally and have a little coding knowledge.
Gregoric
The thing about advertising sounds good, people would come here to check the forum system Smile. But only Bondings can say if sharing the code is possible
ocalhoun
I would love to be able to use this AWITS system in other forums...

But if you're going to have a serious go at it, I'd partner up with somebody, give it its own name, and have that partner do the continuing bufixes, updates, and support.