FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ideas to up the post count

truespeed
I know we have discussed this before but these are the stats for the last four months...

Quote:
September 2012: 3218
August 2012: 3770
July 2012: 4146
June 2012: 3940

September isn't quite finished but I imagine it will be around 3500,looking back at the stats from the months and years gone by,it is the lowest amount of posts for 4 months running since the board started.

If things stay as they are frihost will be lucky to hit the 50'000 posts mark by year end,a full 10'000 posts down on last year.

50'000 posts for most boards is actually pretty good,but is it enough for frihost?
deanhills
I've been traveling this month, and when I return to work next week am probably going to be completely swamped, but will try my best to post more.
rjraaz
I think we are losing interest of people for forum. This may be due to of not having good amount of quality posts and posters.

Or some users those are English and try to tease or insulting non-English users like me (Directly or Indirectly) by saying us that we guys not providing good quality of posts.
Josso
Clone deanhills
ocalhoun
1: Advertize -- put ads out there for frihost
2: Branch out, reinvent -- perhaps give more uses for points/coins besides web hosting related things
3: Make use of featured topics box -- for something other than announcements: put good user-made threads in there more often!

Those three things, singly or in combination, could all increase activity.
RosenCruz
I am preparing an article in my local language to promote Frihost. With some SEO, I think I can send some decent traffic to one of language forums Wink
darthrevan
ocalhoun wrote:
1: Advertize -- put ads out there for frihost
2: Branch out, reinvent -- perhaps give more uses for points/coins besides web hosting related things
3: Make use of featured topics box -- for something other than announcements: put good user-made threads in there more often!

Those three things, singly or in combination, could all increase activity.

These things would probably help, and in this economy people should jump for free things. Thing is though, other hosts like paid hosting and word of mouths, give fee housing a bad rap. I have seen alot of posts that are one liners and sometimes just three words. For me, short postings tend to get on my nerves because it is just to get some points for hosting in my opinion.
deanhills
RosenCruz wrote:
I am preparing an article in my local language to promote Frihost. With some SEO, I think I can send some decent traffic to one of language forums Wink
Don't forget to use your referral thread in your Account, as referrals may earn you some coins, and in the very least, if you are not interested in the coins, provide you with some fun feedback of your efforts.