FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Question about paypal





manfer
Do you know if paypal have a different tax for different companies that use its services?

I'm going to try to explain this better. I'm looking to buy online and I'm looking for prizes in different stores to compare.

But unfortunaly I have seen that the prize these stores show is not the price you are going to pay if you use paypal as payment. All the stores I'm looking add a percentaje of the total prize if you use paypal as payment.

So let's say for example I want to buy something.

1st store. $1000 and 2% paypal percentage. So final prize is $1020
2nd store. $990 and 3.6% paypal percentage + $0.5. So final prize is $1026,14

So there isn't a real way to compare prices only taking into account the prize they show on store. Besides they hide this information about the percentages you have to pay until you are in the middle of the booking process.

It is very strange for me that paypal is asking for different percentage to different companies. Is this true? Besides in my opinion it should be the companies themselves the ones paying that paypal percentage and not asking that money to clients. That what has happened always when you were buying something in a store (not online a normal store) with a credit card. It wasn't the client that was paying the tax for the credit card payment it was always the store that was paying that tax and the one that were giving its clients the possibility to pay with credit card as a service.

Well, but the question is simple. Anyone knows if paypal asks for different percentage to different companies? Or are these companies just lying and are asking each one for the percentage they want?
manfer
Well, I just reply to myself because I had asked to one of those stores and very kindly they had answered me.

Yes paypal ask for different percentage to different stores depending on the amount of total transactions they made each month.

So if the company makes sales with paypal each month for a total of more than $100000 (don't know exactly the amount but more or less) then the percentage they are charged is 2% on each transaction. But if the total sell with paypal of that company is less the percentage paypal ask them is higher.
ist-olga
The basic fee when people pay you is 2.9% + $0.30. The percentage goes down if your monthly sales are over $3000.
The international fee when non-U.S. people pay you is 3.9% + $0.30. Again, reduced percentage for high sales volume.
MassPay fee. If you’re using the MassPay feature or API call, PayPal charges you 2% of the amount you’re paying, but it’s capped at US$1.00.
Rounding. PayPal fees are rounded using arithmetic rounding. So $4.505 rounds to $4.51, not $4.50.
PayPal Standard Rate (2.9% + $0.30)
PayPal Merchant Rate I (2.5% + $0.30)
PayPal Merchant Rate II (2.2% + $0.30)
PayPal Merchant Rate III (1.9% + $0.30)
johans
ist-olga wrote:
The basic fee when people pay you is 2.9% + $0.30. The percentage goes down if your monthly sales are over $3000.
The international fee when non-U.S. people pay you is 3.9% + $0.30. Again, reduced percentage for high sales volume.
MassPay fee. If you’re using the MassPay feature or API call, PayPal charges you 2% of the amount you’re paying, but it’s capped at US$1.00.
Rounding. PayPal fees are rounded using arithmetic rounding. So $4.505 rounds to $4.51, not $4.50.
PayPal Standard Rate (2.9% + $0.30)
PayPal Merchant Rate I (2.5% + $0.30)
PayPal Merchant Rate II (2.2% + $0.30)
PayPal Merchant Rate III (1.9% + $0.30)


Paypal charges too much but i dont have a choice since paypal is the most common gateway payment around the world.
Mr_Howl
johans wrote:
ist-olga wrote:
The basic fee when people pay you is 2.9% + $0.30. The percentage goes down if your monthly sales are over $3000.
The international fee when non-U.S. people pay you is 3.9% + $0.30. Again, reduced percentage for high sales volume.
MassPay fee. If you’re using the MassPay feature or API call, PayPal charges you 2% of the amount you’re paying, but it’s capped at US$1.00.
Rounding. PayPal fees are rounded using arithmetic rounding. So $4.505 rounds to $4.51, not $4.50.
PayPal Standard Rate (2.9% + $0.30)
PayPal Merchant Rate I (2.5% + $0.30)
PayPal Merchant Rate II (2.2% + $0.30)
PayPal Merchant Rate III (1.9% + $0.30)


Paypal charges too much but i dont have a choice since paypal is the most common gateway payment around the world.


You could try using Google's services. Google Checkout seems to have an (almost?) identical fee schedule as Paypal, but Google Wallet for Digital Goods will likely be better for small transactions. People usually trust Google so you shouldn't have to worry about losing business (or just offer both if you can).
deanhills
Mr_Howl wrote:
You could try using Google's services. Google Checkout seems to have an (almost?) identical fee schedule as Paypal, but Google Wallet for Digital Goods will likely be better for small transactions. People usually trust Google so you shouldn't have to worry about losing business (or just offer both if you can).
Wow! Does this mean that Paypal has a competitor now in Google?
rjraaz
deanhills wrote:
Mr_Howl wrote:
You could try using Google's services. Google Checkout seems to have an (almost?) identical fee schedule as Paypal, but Google Wallet for Digital Goods will likely be better for small transactions. People usually trust Google so you shouldn't have to worry about losing business (or just offer both if you can).
Wow! Does this mean that Paypal has a competitor now in Google?


Yes, Google is almost competitor for others in each and every field.
deanhills
My experience with Paypal has been so bad, I opted out of it before I started. And I don't like Google, so I guess it would be a no choice between two evil vendors for me.
Related topics
PayPal and IPN (Instant Payment Notification)
PayPal Donate Button
paypal
Paypal Hacked!
I Have a question . Is it the server support Chinese?
Question before requesting free hosting
question abt posts/mth
Kinda dumb question regarding DNS
A question
UT2004 U like the game? Do u have any question post here.
Question about DNS!
Question about Domain!
another uni.cc question
Question
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.