FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Your opinion towards nudism?

likeabreeze
They strip completely, and seem to act naturally, go to the beach, do whatever they want.
Your opinion?
ocalhoun
Once you get used to it, why not?

But being furless as we are, there are some practical advantages to wearing clothes.
likeabreeze
ocalhoun wrote:
Once you get used to it, why not?
But being furless as we are, there are some practical advantages to wearing clothes.

Yeah, many "experts" say naked sleep is good for us because it calms us down.
But the truth is, we become more nervous...
So, I doubt whether nudists feel really relaxed.
SonLight
likeabreeze wrote:

Yeah, many "experts" say naked sleep is good for us because it calms us down.
But the truth is, we become more nervous...
So, I doubt whether nudists feel really relaxed.

If I sleep naked, I may be somewhat uncomfortable. I sometimes dream that I am walking around naked in public. However, if I were a practitioner of nudism, presumably that wouldn't bother me. So I see no reason for a nudist to be uncomfortable while sleeping, and not likely to have a major issue with being nude when awake.
Helios
I had my share of being "exposed" in nature on several treks and trips, but that was only to wash in a river or some lake. Still, I didn't feel comfortable even when wearing underwear. I prefer having at least some pants on.
ShannonHBC
Each to their own. Human bodies are ugly though, I don't quite understand why anyone would want to go nude. But I'm not judging, it's not that weird.
deanhills
Well said Shannon. I also think humans look better with clothes on.
LxGoodies
likeabreeze wrote:
They strip completely, and seem to act naturally, go to the beach, do whatever they want.
Your opinion?

My opinion: Live and let live. Some people just prefer this, why deny anyone any freedom, when no harm is done to anyone else ? Going naked does not harm anyone.

@ShannonHBC beautiful people also exist.. if you don't understand.. because you find them ugly.. I wonder if you DO understand when you find them beautiful ? So in fact beautiful people should have the right to go naked and ugly people ought not ? In that case the dilemma would be: who should maintain the law, because I might find OTHER people ugly than you. Now suppose I'm the judge who decides.. you're gong to suffer, having to look at all these ugly human bodies that I love to watch !

Lx
Josso
ShannonHBC wrote:
Each to their own. Human bodies are ugly though, I don't quite understand why anyone would want to go nude. But I'm not judging, it's not that weird.

As opposed to alien bodies?

[speech] Personally I go more for the comedy streaking approach, also WINTER SNOW RUNS. But whatever really I'm not going to be offended by someone who wants to do that. Nature is nature.

[science] There probably is some issues with hygiene or something
fuzzkaizer
Josso wrote:
[science] There probably is some issues with hygiene or something

ah yes, science... there are some southern tribes of indians to be found in some exotic landscapes, strolling through the jungle quite naked all day long, without having any serious health or hygiene issues resulting from that. fortunately also the climate there doesn't bother them doing so, nevertheless it's rather not the climate adapting to their behaviour, but it's the dwellers of the rain-forests who found out that it is more appropriate not to wear clothe in all that humid heat and daily warm showers.
Certainly this was a thorn in the side of some missionary men, travelling from far to tell them how to behave.
by the way they are certainly not uglier or beautifullier than any of the humans.
In all probability there exists a device in the mind of every human individual, which rules over its taste and over what it perceives as beautiful or as ugly. Also this entity is easily being manipulated from the outside via social pressure, mass media, etc... But, it should also be possible to emancipate one's own personal taste by a procedure that involves eight steps. Sort of auto-brainwashing.
wellerchap
Fine if they want to do it, but it shouldn't (if you'll pardon the expression Shocked ) be pushed down other people's throats
enilsoncba
People who practice nudism say there is nothing better. They say it's really liberating power sitting on the beach and bathing in the sea without any clothing accessory. It is clear that this practice is so respectful and admire from afar. Never practiced and did not think would practice, but in no way have objected to even think about and respectful of practice in specific and non-invasive, like a beach big enough and away from other people and only for people that practice. I would have no problem practicing elsewhere since the rules and boundaries were well defined and disclosed in a way that was natural who wanted to practice and not a form of exhibitionism as so often happens.
Obviously I and many others feel strange and uncomfortable by the existing culture, paradigms and way of life, but he who does not condemn something just because it is optional, non-invasive and respectful.
microkosm
I can appreciate the beauty of the human form. On the other hand, nudism is tricky for me to appreciate because it comes down to the intention of the individual who embraces it. Some people do it for idealistic reasons (e.g. "we come into this world nude, so its only natural", etc). But I get the feeling that most people do it for attention or for egotistical reasons. Ultimately, how do you know why someone's doing it? Besides, if I approached an attractive female nudist to find out her reasons, I'd probably get slapped (unless I was a nudist too? Wink )

That being said, why's it always the overweight older guy rocking his birthday suit? Nobody wants to see that.
mengshi200
I think nudism is not belong to civilization.Because nudity will expose sex organ and cause sex impulse. Most of mankind activity did not need this interrelationship.
fuzzkaizer
microkosm wrote:
why's it always the overweight older guy rocking his birthday suit?

now that is one great question, both in content and style!
grofet
all people should respect people that dont agree with nudism.
someone should only naked for him/herself or for husband/wife.
zaxacongrejo
Quote:
all people should respect people that dont agree with nudism.
someone should only naked for him/herself or for husband/wife.

one of the things that characterizes the human being is the evolution
and cloths or something of that kind as been always with us since we start to develop cognitive thinking

We start with animal skins and them we invented the weaving as far i know no other animal at the planet have this ability Im referring to cloths not shelter

but Im not completely against because if they do it at the right places for it, i believe is their problem not ours if you dislike, dont go there is simple, more yet in Europe if you do it without being at the right place you will be jailed almost sure it will only take the time someone sees it and call police.

But at the same time i always felt since little kid the nature call, and we never will know the future
So freedom for everyone and remember your freedom stops were mine starts so simple as this
and extreme case of nature call is Ted Kaczynski also known as "Unabomber" Americans should remember about him what happen to him is one of my biggest fears not the criminal part of the story but the part of leaving alone at the bush with almost nothing just the extremely necessary.
Said so and again
Freedom for everyone and remember your freedom stops were mine starts
Very Happy
rjraaz
deanhills wrote:
Well said Shannon. I also think humans look better with clothes on.

It depends on people to people Dean. Laughing
Pande
To me its one of those mixed subjects I will never understand. I often relate it to the altruism arguement, which you can brief on here:

http://www.philosophyetc.net/2005/01/selfish-selflessness.html

Essentially, to act selflessly is in fact an act of selfishness. In the same way, I view the whole nudist thing as people trying to one up each other on their whole 'I am more xxx than you'. More, pious, more connected with nature, more human, more open, more insightful, whatever. It's a common belief that has caused wars from every aspect possible.

^ See, in fact, I basically just did the same thing by injecting my opinion on the whole subject, by appearing to be above the beliefs of others. It's a hard trap to avoid, and I think nudism follows a similar trend.

I think that if the people around you are ok with it and they have the *option* to *not* look at you, and you aren't breaking any laws by doing it (because belief or not, its still illegal in most places unless marked as Public Indecency), then do what you will.
D'Artagnan
Ok, it would be useful for a pure functional nature,i don't think i owuld ever walk around naked on the streets because it's unconfortable, you cannot sit anywhere (try to sit on a bench or a rock or lean on a wall with your bare bottoms)

but i'd like to be able to change my pants without hiding or receiving visits naked on the sofa (lol), i would like if people didn't felt like this is a big deal, because sincerelly it's not, the dogma of hidding genitalia is relativelly recent and comes with the shame spread by "modern "religion... i don't think greek children were affected by the common viewing of male and female genitalia and don't think they made orgies just because the statues have penises and boobs and vaginas...

people should let that bias go away and live the best they can, and i feel the religion related dogmas on clothing and the fashion industry acessorization of clothing are essentially bad, clothes have the porpouse of protecting and making you confortable... they shouldn't interfere in your life in a disruptive way
LxGoodies
D'Artagnan wrote:
Ok, it would be useful for a pure functional nature,i don't think i owuld ever walk around naked on the streets because it's unconfortable, you cannot sit anywhere (try to sit on a bench or a rock or lean on a wall with your bare bottoms)

but i'd like to be able to change my pants without hiding or receiving visits naked on the sofa (lol), i would like if people didn't felt like this is a big deal, because sincerelly it's not, the dogma of hidding genitalia is relativelly recent and comes with the shame spread by "modern "religion... i don't think greek children were affected by the common viewing of male and female genitalia and don't think they made orgies just because the statues have penises and boobs and vaginas...

people should let that bias go away and live the best they can, and i feel the religion related dogmas on clothing and the fashion industry acessorization of clothing are essentially bad, clothes have the porpouse of protecting and making you confortable... they shouldn't interfere in your life in a disruptive way

Yes, I agree with this one.. very clear opinion..

Lx
nickfyoung
To be naked is very natural. I can't image wearing any clothes to sleep. It would be most uncomfortable. And to swim naked is a very natural feeling especially in a pool. It just feels just so comfortable. You would be surprised just how many people do swim naked in the privacy of their own pools. There is nothing better on a hot day at home to throw all your clothes off and relax.
So while we have organized nudists or naturalists we also have many people who enjoy nakedness in private or at the very least with their spouse when the kids aren't home.
Adam and Eve used to be naked in the garden. Remember, God used to come down every afternoon and walk with Adam in the cool of the evening. Adam was naked and I often wondered if God was naked too.
jajarvin
I have slept naked over 20 years time. I can not imagine a sleeping clothes on.
nickfyoung
jajarvin wrote:
I have slept naked over 20 years time. I can not imagine a sleeping clothes on.

It is most uncomfortable and I don't know how people can wear pajamas. Maybe they don't move in their sleep but every time you turn over the pajamas become twisted up and try to smother you. And then of course if you are going to make love you have to get undressed again anyway or do they just keep their pajamas on. That would spoil it a lot I would think. Part of the attraction of love making is the feel of two naked bodies together. So if it is attractive having two naked bodies together why not just sleep that way and have the two naked bodies together all the time. And then of course if you are like many couples in love you will be making love every night anyway and some times morning too so there is really not much point in wearing clothes to bed. Much more fun naked.
Minamii
rather than nudism, i know it as Naturism. That is a cultural and political movement practising, advocating and defending social nudity in private and in public. It may also refer to a lifestyle based on personal, family and/or social nudism.
Several other terms ("social nudity", "public nudity", "skinny dipping", "sunning", and, recently, "clothes-free") have been proposed as alternative terms for naturism, but none has found the same widespread public acceptance as the older terms "naturism" and (in much of the United States) "nudism".
grofet
Sleeping with clothes is very important when something happen (emergency case). So you will not have to be naked in the front of people or your family. Clothing will guard our body from unwanted things like dust, snake bite, mosquito, ant bite, cold, mouse bite, and many more.
Peterssidan
I have grown up in clothes so I wouldn't feel comfortable without them in front of other people, except in locker rooms and showers with no women.

If I was naked with nude women around it would probably just feel embarrassing. Where should I look? I normally find it hard to look people in the eyes. Do nudists look at each other's naked bodies? And what if your thing starts to grow? Embarassed

I don't have anything against nudism as such but I prefer if it's kept to open places where people don't have to come close. I wouldn't like to be trapped by naked men behind a shelf in a grocery store. Neutral